PDA

View Full Version : So sad....

saffymom
11-09-2008, 12:26 PM
I'm so sad. My balance is now $15. But, I just cashed out for $450 in Disney gift cards to help pay off my January vacation!!:party:

Thanks so much Tricia! Thanks to the extra money I made here and the Buy 4/ Stay 7 promo from Disney we upgraded from Caribbean Beach to the Contemporary!:banana:

Thanks again!:D

3dog2kidmom
11-09-2008, 01:40 PM
Thanks to the extra money I made here and the Buy 4/ Stay 7 promo from Disney we upgraded from Caribbean Beach to the Contemporary!:banana:

Thanks again!:D

That is great, Lisa!! I figured we saved $1281 with that promotion (staying at AKL). And SR certainly makes it more affordable :>)

iluvamystery89
11-09-2008, 01:52 PM
congrats! :banana: i'm debating whether i should go ahead & cashout for $450, leaving a bit of a balance, or wait 2-3 days to hit $500 with a zero balance. a zero balance looks so sad...

saffymom
11-09-2008, 02:33 PM
congrats! :banana: i'm debating whether i should go ahead & cashout for $450, leaving a bit of a balance, or wait 2-3 days to hit $500 with a zero balance. a zero balance looks so sad...

I was going to try and wait until $500, but I just couldn't. I didn't want to see a zero balance either. Also, I have to pay off my package by 12/5, so to be on the safe side, I decided to cash out in case it takes a little longer for the cards to get here.

saffymom
11-09-2008, 02:35 PM
That is great, Lisa!! I figured we saved $1281 with that promotion (staying at AKL). And SR certainly makes it more affordable :>)

I'm actually spending about $400 more than I would have with my AAA discount at CBR, but I've always wanted to stay on the monorail and I figured this might be my only chance at these prices. If I had booked the Contemporary at rack rate, it would have been about $1200 more than what I'm paying now.

3dog2kidmom
11-09-2008, 02:48 PM
I'm actually spending about $400 more than I would have with my AAA discount at CBR, but I've always wanted to stay on the monorail and I figured this might be my only chance at these prices. If I had booked the Contemporary at rack rate, it would have been about $1200 more than what I'm paying now.

With our extra 3 days we're actually paying around $700 more than we planned (losing AAA discount in value season plus buying 3 more days of dining plan for 4), and accomplishing exactly what Disney had in mind with this promotion. But the opportunity doesn't come along very often to live your dream (staying on the monorail or being at WDW for a whole week!), so I think they've given us a gift!

I should also add that now with a longer stay we'll have time to spend with SIL who lives in the Tampa Bay area, we will save the cost of a summer vacation to Tampa and just go someplace close to home. Well, that's how I had planned to sell it to DH anyway, LOL!! ;)

iluvamystery89
11-09-2008, 03:43 PM
I was going to try and wait until $500, but I just couldn't. I didn't want to see a zero balance either. Also, I have to pay off my package by 12/5, so to be on the safe side, I decided to cash out in case it takes a little longer for the cards to get here.

smart move! :clap: i'm sure you'll get your cards in time! :sunshine2: my $50 GC will go in DD's stocking to be used on our trip to WDW, provided we get to go in may. we're still waffling, lol.