PDA

View Full Version : Schwan Food

SunshineGirl
07-30-2007, 02:30 PM
I spent some quality time with my Schwan man today and found these things that are handy to have and fit within my WW points:

Tomato Basil individual pizzas--great for lunch--4 points
Fruit to Go--nice when I don't have fresh fruit at the end of the week--1 pt
Quick Bake Fries--I think 3 points a serving, but double check that
Quick Taters--I think 4 points a serving
Mediterranean veggies--I thought that these would be a point because they have some oil and seasoning. But looking at the nutritional stats on their site, it appears that they are actually 0 points because they are so high in fiber
Light Chicken Marco Polo--3 points a breast
Californa fruit blend--1 pt
Unbreaded Chicken Breast filets--2 pts

Once a week we eat the chicken marco polo, fries, california blend veggies, and fruit for dinner. It's completely like we are not on a diet and the dinner is only about 7 points (a little more for DH because he takes more fries).

I think I may start another weekly meal of the unbreaded chicken breast filets in the crockpot with the diet coke and some bbq sauce. Just need to find a bbq sauce that would only be a pt. Looks like you can do 2 tbs of most of them for a point, but that might not be enough. But 3-3.5 points for my entree is not bad at all. Add a free veggie, some fruit and a 3 point starch and it will be perfect!

Kittykat
07-30-2007, 02:36 PM
We were driving behind a Schwan's truck the other day and I was telling DH how I've heard some of their food is to-die-for...but I'm afraid to order because I've heard that the drivers will "stalk" you afterwards! :p

So what's the story? If I order from them will I see them more often than I see my own family? :rotfl: I'm so tempted but still too scared!

ItsmeSunnyV
07-30-2007, 02:46 PM
I L-O-V-E Schwans!! I place a Huge order once a month with them . Ths kids call him the ice cream man. :rotfl: I wish we could get credit for ordering from their website. That'd be great. :)

SunshineGirl
07-30-2007, 02:47 PM
Mine comes every two weeks like clockwork. Always Monday afternoons. And if he misses me, he usually does try back again at least once. (and I call him if I don't see him--LOL!)

JillyFish
07-30-2007, 04:24 PM
We were driving behind a Schwan's truck the other day and I was telling DH how I've heard some of their food is to-die-for...but I'm afraid to order because I've heard that the drivers will "stalk" you afterwards! :p

So what's the story? If I order from them will I see them more often than I see my own family? :rotfl: I'm so tempted but still too scared!

I feel the same way!

But it looks like you can order online....

http://www.schwans.com/product/category.aspx?tb=2

Think they have an affiliate program Tricia?

SunshineGirl
07-30-2007, 04:49 PM
I wish. LOL! I am my delivery person's best customer.

I think the web ordering is just a convenience thing. The actual commissions on the sales all go to the delivery people. They don't make any extra money off of the website. They just try to guarantee that your food is on the truck if you order it early.

Soccer Princess
08-01-2007, 01:21 PM
okay Tricia I have a question -- I looked on the website and there is a LiveSmart Category... now some of the stuff says low sodium or low fat next to it, but some stuff just says quick and easy. Do you happen to know if everything in that category really is somewhat healthy? For example...
stuffed chease bread with sauce
cheese stuffed pretzels
pizzas?
If so, I'm def. placing an order TODAY! lol

mseg16222
08-01-2007, 01:31 PM
SCHWAN's food I love:

I am my Schwan mans best customer. Every 2 weks like clock work he is he waiting for my huge order.

Turkey breast and Veg. dinner ( 2 meals per package)......4pts

Beef Tips Dinner ( 2 meals per package)......6pts

Blackened Chicken Alfredo with Vegetables Dinner.....6pts

These are great meals that tast good that I can have when the family is eating what I can't........

Anna
01-13-2008, 04:49 AM
I spent some quality time with my Schwan man today and found these things that are handy to have and fit within my WW points:

Tomato Basil individual pizzas--great for lunch--4 points
Fruit to Go--nice when I don't have fresh fruit at the end of the week--1 pt
Quick Bake Fries--I think 3 points a serving, but double check that
Quick Taters--I think 4 points a serving
Mediterranean veggies--I thought that these would be a point because they have some oil and seasoning. But looking at the nutritional stats on their site, it appears that they are actually 0 points because they are so high in fiber
Light Chicken Marco Polo--3 points a breast
Californa fruit blend--1 pt
Unbreaded Chicken Breast filets--2 pts

Once a week we eat the chicken marco polo, fries, california blend veggies, and fruit for dinner. It's completely like we are not on a diet and the dinner is only about 7 points (a little more for DH because he takes more fries).

I think I may start another weekly meal of the unbreaded chicken breast filets in the crockpot with the diet coke and some bbq sauce. Just need to find a bbq sauce that would only be a pt. Looks like you can do 2 tbs of most of them for a point, but that might not be enough. But 3-3.5 points for my entree is not bad at all. Add a free veggie, some fruit and a 3 point starch and it will be perfect!

I decided I would give Schwan's a try. They had a lot of unusual items. The Light Chicken Marco Polo looked delicious! I decided to give it a try.

Do you just decide what you want when he arrives every two weeks? I did mine online now...might be better for me to continue doing that otherwise I may go crazy and spend a fortune! LOL.

Any other tips on healthy items to buy????

SunshineGirl
01-13-2008, 10:49 AM
Every now and again I preorder online, especially if I am going to be out of town on my day. But most of the time I just order when he gets here. We're still eating the light marco polo once a week. I've also started keeping the diced chicken to throw on salads.

m 'n c
01-13-2008, 12:01 PM

Just reread your post this morning. Have you tried the low carb BBQ sauce? I think its by Heinz. It was only like 1 point per serving. Its tricky to find but it tastes real good.

Anna
01-13-2008, 01:52 PM

Gosh I just ordered for the first time...hope I don't get stalked! :(

Anna
01-13-2008, 01:56 PM
Every now and again I preorder online, especially if I am going to be out of town on my day. But most of the time I just order when he gets here. We're still eating the light marco polo once a week. I've also started keeping the diced chicken to throw on salads.

For example, how many servings do you get out of your Light Marco Polo? My guys eat quite heartily if you know what I mean. :) I am trying to gage how much of each item I need for a meal.

SunshineGirl
01-13-2008, 02:43 PM
My Schwan Guy comes exactly every two weeks. Every other Monday at about the same time. He has never come MORE often than that but I have missed some days when I was not home when he got here. Sometimes he will come back if he misses me because he knows that I do order every two weeks.

Because we are on WW, SG and I only eat 1 marco polo each per meal. My 7 year old girl can eat at least a whole chicken cordon bleu. Sometimes 1.5. I order 1 box of each and then SG and I eat the light and the kids eat the regular.

Anna
01-13-2008, 04:20 PM
Thanks! That helps me with the serving size. Mike and I are both on WW but he still thinks in terms of big portions...that is going to take a while. LOL:rotfl:

Anything you find that is WW friendly please let us know if it is good! :)

Anna
01-18-2008, 08:14 PM
~WOW~ Tricia! My family had the Marco Polo Chicken tonight for the first time and boy did it get RAVE reviews! Thanks so much for the great tips. :) I wanted to try their Caribbean Veggie Mix but they said that was discontinued.:(

I am happy to say...that one week later on the WW flex plan, I am down
5 1/2 lbs without really doing much of anything but watching my intake closely. I am so pumped!!!:cooldance: :p

Too bad they are not one of our affiliates!! LOL

KarlaG4Kids
05-07-2008, 08:03 AM
Something else we get and love (that is very low points) is the turkey tenderloin in gravy. It is chunks of turkey meat in gravy. It is only 2-3 points per serving and it is very tasty and quick to make. I keep it on hand all of the time.

sunshinecindy
05-07-2008, 09:01 AM
Mines a Stalker. He actually scared me a bit, walking through my privacy fence an around my house once when I wasn't dressed and was hiding. He was peeking in my windows and my dogs were going beserk. Now he just calls my cell phone if I'm not home. But, I put up with it because I absolutely LOVE their summer sausage. When they quit carrying it in this area, I ordered it through Amazon. I have to have my Schwann Summer Sausage and pierogies.

SunshineGirl
05-07-2008, 09:25 AM
I just started eating the Turkey and Veggies single serving dinner. I think it's 4 points and I really like it!!

Anna
05-08-2008, 09:21 PM
Mines a Stalker. He actually scared me a bit, walking through my privacy fence an around my house once when I wasn't dressed and was hiding. He was peeking in my windows and my dogs were going beserk. Now he just calls my cell phone if I'm not home. But, I put up with it because I absolutely LOVE their summer sausage. When they quit carrying it in this area, I ordered it through Amazon. I have to have my Schwann Summer Sausage and pierogies.

LOL...I don't think I would have appreciated him peeking in the windows...that is just a tad bit much. That is creepy. Haven't had any issues with my Schwann's guy thankfully.:)

PSL1013
08-24-2009, 09:13 AM
ok, I just placed my first time freebie order over the weekend (thank you Tricia) and it will arrive tomorrow. I ordered the Fiesta Lime Chicken Meal for Two, it sounded good, hopefully I won't be disappointed? I definitely don't want to be stalked and I don't really want him just showing up on my doorstep, I would prefer to order over the internet at my convenience but what to order?....please post your favorites here.

sunshinecindy
08-24-2009, 10:21 AM
ok, I just placed my first time freebie order over the weekend (thank you Tricia) and it will arrive tomorrow. I ordered the Fiesta Lime Chicken Meal for Two, it sounded good, hopefully I won't be disappointed? I definitely don't want to be stalked and I don't really want him just showing up on my doorstep, I would prefer to order over the internet at my convenience but what to order?....please post your favorites here.

Their summer sausage is the best, their big chicken pot pie, not the little ones are great, mexican pizza, and so much more.

kristenrice
06-02-2010, 08:26 AM
I think I am jumping in a little late here since I see that the most recent post was from last year:rotfl:.

I just found this "Weight Watchers" forum and, although I am not officially a WW member/customer, I am "watching my weight".

I have no idea how many WW points this is, but one of my favorite low-cal meals for eating on the go is a package of Green Giant Broccoli with Cheese sauce mixed with about 4-6 pieces of Schwan's grilled chicken "nuggets". (I can't think of what they are officially called, but that is what they are.) I count/watch my calories and try to eat 4-5 meals a day that are less than 300 calories each. I've discovered that the entire package of broccoli/cheese and the chicken pieces totals about 280 calories and it really fills me up. Plus, I get my veggies and a healthy dose of protein.

The chicken fries are also a staple at my house. They were originally for the kids since they take less than 60 seconds in the microwave, but I found that they are not too bad for me either. They are 210 calories for a serving of (8) fries so if I dunk them in ketchup or honey mustard (instead of ranch dressing), they make a nice little meal. They are also great in salad! I cook up 4 pieces (105 calories), cut them up, and add them to 1 cup of salad mix (10 calories) and top it with a little fat-free Ranch dressing (~50 calories) and I have a nice, low-calorie salad!

PSL1013
06-02-2010, 08:46 AM
I think I am jumping in a little late here since I see that the most recent post was from last year:rotfl:.

I just found this "Weight Watchers" forum and, although I am not officially a WW member/customer, I am "watching my weight".

I have no idea how many WW points this is, but one of my favorite low-cal meals for eating on the go is a package of Green Giant Broccoli with Cheese sauce mixed with about 4-6 pieces of Schwan's grilled chicken "nuggets". (I can't think of what they are officially called, but that is what they are.) I count/watch my calories and try to eat 4-5 meals a day that are less than 300 calories each. I've discovered that the entire package of broccoli/cheese and the chicken pieces totals about 280 calories and it really fills me up. Plus, I get my veggies and a healthy dose of protein.

The chicken fries are also a staple at my house. They were originally for the kids since they take less than 60 seconds in the microwave, but I found that they are not too bad for me either. They are 210 calories for a serving of (8) fries so if I dunk them in ketchup or honey mustard (instead of ranch dressing), they make a nice little meal. They are also great in salad! I cook up 4 pieces (105 calories), cut them up, and add them to 1 cup of salad mix (10 calories) and top it with a little fat-free Ranch dressing (~50 calories) and I have a nice, low-calorie salad!

Thank you! I haven't had a delivery in two months, told my driver the last time he was here not to come back until he see's an order from me, I need to clean my freezer out...but it's still packed, no idea where all the stuff comes from, I think it multiplies in there? :rotfl: I have my favorites list going on the web site and will add these items to it, haven't tried either yet. I love that broccoli with cheese too and I'm definitely going to try your "recipe"! :D

kristenrice
06-02-2010, 11:22 AM
Thank you! I haven't had a delivery in two months, told my driver the last time he was here not to come back until he see's an order from me, I need to clean my freezer out...but it's still packed, no idea where all the stuff comes from, I think it multiplies in there? :rotfl: I have my favorites list going on the web site and will add these items to it, haven't tried either yet. I love that broccoli with cheese too and I'm definitely going to try your "recipe"! :D

I found my Schwan's catalog...the chicken pieces are the Roasted Chicken Bites. They are 90 calories for a 3oz serving. Using my food scale, that was roughly 4 pieces. I find that if I cut the chicken bites into smaller pieces after I cook them, they will distribute better into the veggies and sauce so it seems like I am getting more chicken with each bite.

PSL1013
06-02-2010, 11:41 AM
I found my Schwan's catalog...the chicken pieces are the Roasted Chicken Bites. They are 90 calories for a 3oz serving. Using my food scale, that was roughly 4 pieces. I find that if I cut the chicken bites into smaller pieces after I cook them, they will distribute better into the veggies and sauce so it seems like I am getting more chicken with each bite.

Thank you, I'm definitely going to try this. I need to start doing something, I got on the scale this morning and I've never seen that high of a number before. :eek: Of course having a water retention problem doesn't help but it is still depressing.

momof3lovebugs
06-02-2010, 03:39 PM
hmmm, my neighbor has schwanns delivery....may have to take a peek!