PDA

View Full Version : More Showings

SunshineGirl
07-30-2007, 02:49 PM
Two more showings on the house today. The first people only gave us an hour's notice this morning. They were here almost 20 minutes and ate 5 of 8 cookies. LOL!

The other people called first thing this morning and are coming at 7:30 tonight.

When we intially started planning all of this, our hope was to sell the house in the first two weeks of August. So maybe it is fate and one of these will be the one!!

Hedy
07-30-2007, 03:03 PM
:hugs: :hugs: :sunshine2: :sunshine2: Good luck! Do you guys have a new place yet?

chipndale
07-30-2007, 03:18 PM
Don't be worried about the couple not staying that long. When we had our house up for sale, we had one couple come and stay for 2 hours. They wanted to know everything about the house and they even took a few pictures. I thought the deal was as good as done. We knew heard back from them. The couple that purchased our home, walked through it the first time in 15 minutes and was out the door. As they pulled out of the driveway, I said have a nice life. Dh and I was so shocked when they called back after a week and wanted to see the house again. You never know - what they are looking for or at. When they came back the husband was happy to see that we had ceiling lights in the bedroom and a large shed. Dh says that his shed(his home) sold the house. Good Luck and keep us posted.

gshanny
07-31-2007, 11:06 AM
Good luck!
We put our house on the market thinking it might take a month or two. We had a contract in one week. My mom was our agent and out of town so her boss had to present to us. The people wanted to close in a week. We were planning to leave for WDW in 2 days. We ran like mad people getting everything done for our end. Our trip home from WDW had us on the phone finalizing things.
Hopefully things won't be quite as hectic for you, but that you get an offer in quick time!

Soccer Princess
07-31-2007, 08:00 PM
Good luck Tricia!!

~Kathie
08-01-2007, 11:36 AM
Good luck!!! Hope you get a sale!!

disney_girl
08-01-2007, 08:38 PM
Good luck Tricia! Selling a home can be such a stressful event! We put our house on the market at a bad time (market wise) and it took much longer than anticipated. In the end, the timing was perfect. We found out we were expecting our 2nd the week we got the offer on the house. Our new house was also completed and we were able to move in without having interim housing. It was definitely stressful though! Sometimes, the timing works out just like it is supposed to! :)

I agree though- you can't judge it on how long they stay in the house. When people stayed longer, I was sure we would have an offer and didn't get one. Then the ones who did make an offer were only here 30 minutes the first time.

Good luck-the right buyer is out there!

arob414
08-01-2007, 08:54 PM
Good luck! House before last sold in four days and we had less than a month to be out (buyer was on a timeline). I was frantic. So, the next time, we found a house we liked first, then put our house up for sale. It ended up taking 4 months to sell, to the day, but luckily we were still able to get the house we had found. However, by the time we got moved in I was 7 months pg with Christmas looming and had that nesting thing going on big time. We spent New Year's Eve painting and wall papering. I ended up going into labor early, I wonder why. :angel: But, the rooms looked great.