PDA

View Full Version : Wow

gpp2001
11-21-2008, 06:57 PM
I just got back from shopping (spent too much!!). While out I saw that gas was $2.09 !!!! Which is amazing to me as I know other parts of the country are lower but here in Southern California, I didn't expect it to go below $2.50!!

Anyway - I've been thinking about the doom and gloom of the economy and thinking we need to find something positive in our lives or something that makes us go WOW!! The gas prices did it for me.

What in your life right now makes you go WOW or is just something positive? I'm looking for happy thoughts!!!! :sunshine:

Hedy
11-21-2008, 07:05 PM
Mom went for her endscopy (routine) today. She desn't need to get another one for 10 years. :)

After today, I have 3 days at my current job.
I'll be on a plane to Vegas in 3 weeks.

SunshineGirl
11-21-2008, 07:41 PM
Donating the money to the Make-a-Wish telethon today did it for me. Just thinking about what those families go through and knowing that we played a BIG part in one of the families getting their wish granted made my day.

JillyFish
11-21-2008, 08:34 PM
Well, this is going to sound pretty simple, but I'm happy today because my children actually were well-behaved, got along, and we had no major "issues" today. Between having colds, homework, and snowy weather it's been kind of a crummy week.....crabby kids, crabby Mommy. I'm just happy we've made it through the week and today has been a good day!

faithhope
11-21-2008, 08:47 PM
soon I'll be on a plane to see my father, who I haven't seen all year. The kids will be thrilled to play with his brand new kitten (6 week old kitten he found near his house??).
I'll earn points with the mother-in-law as I leave the kids with her for two days with no rules.
My husband and I will enjoy 2 whole days without kids, and then a few days in Disney with them.

My "baby" is turning 8 soon, and she is happy, healthy, and I enjoy her company.

disney_girl
11-21-2008, 09:00 PM
Donating the money to the Make-a-Wish telethon today did it for me. Just thinking about what those families go through and knowing that we played a BIG part in one of the families getting their wish granted made my day.

I have to go along with Tricia on this one. I logged on a few callers before Tricia and looked through the stations website where they showed pictures of the kids with their stories. It was very touching! I was very excited and proud to hear Tricia's call and to know our SR community was part of granting those wishes. I have thought about it at different times today- it was very touching!

bbangel
11-21-2008, 10:09 PM
I got a raise today!
And I'm less than 6 months away from my trip to Disneyland.

LauraLea
11-21-2008, 11:03 PM
.What in your life right now makes you go WOW or is just something positive? I'm looking for happy thoughts!!!! :sunshine:

WOW!!!

just today i have so much to be thankful for.

1. DH (age 60) had his first colonoscopy today, w/ very good results.
2. Sent a money order to another DVC member last week for a transfer of points. He is in the UK and it was a leap of faith that he was trustworthy. He called this afternoon after having an issue with member services when he went to make the transfer. WOW! so relieved that my instincts here were good.
3. Looked everywhere for a misplaced credit card today. called Wal-Mart since this was the last place i used it. They would call me back after they had a manager open the safe. WOW!!! They had it!!! What a relief!!!

what a day!!! so glad i could share the positive things that have happened to me today.

Laura

mmiller711
11-29-2008, 10:11 AM
First, spent Thanksgiving with family.
Next, Black Friday with family and friends.
Youngest DD just got engaged to a wonderful man!
Oldest DD found a way to buy plane tickets so she can come home for Christmas with her DH and our 3 grandsons!!
My surgery went well and they didn't find any cancer!

I know you wanted more of just a wow moment recently but it has been a great month for me!!!

I would like to add that in my job, I work with disabled children in our school district, I see many children who receive "Wishes". It is a wonderful thing for them and their families! Thank you to all who help!!!