PDA

View Full Version : <EXTRA> Posts?

TtownAnne
08-01-2007, 01:02 PM
Okay, something happened. Now I can't get into ANY games and it says I have to do <EXTRA> Posts to play any game. How many is <EXTRA>? I do have a life outside the computer! :confused:

Mandi
08-01-2007, 01:03 PM
Okay, something happened. Now I can't get into ANY games and it says I have to do <EXTRA> Posts to play any game. How many is <EXTRA>? I do have a life outside the computer! :confused:

Anne, I didn't realize you were over here! :hugs:

I think it's 75 posts now to play.

TtownAnne
08-01-2007, 01:03 PM
And now that I made that post, any game I click on says I am not allowed to play a game in that category. What category is it? I am completely baffled by this site, really.....

TtownAnne
08-01-2007, 01:04 PM
I'm fairly new, Mandi! :) 75 posts?!?!?! Sheesh, most of my posts are spent "elsewhere" ;)

Mandi
08-01-2007, 01:07 PM
I'm fairly new, Mandi! :) 75 posts?!?!?! Sheesh, most of my posts are spent "elsewhere" ;)

Yeah, me too. ;)

I'm betting that the games you're clicking on are the "premium" games. Starting today they have a $20 fee for 6 months. There are still free ones, but you have to have a minimum (IIRC) of 75 posts to play.

SunshineGirl
08-01-2007, 01:10 PM
I am really hurt by people posting that their posts are "better spent elsewhere." I was trying to hold my tongue on this. But.....

We work really hard to provide fun and games over here for our members. It costs us a lot of time and money to run the "free" games. If you don't want to waste your time posting in our community, then why are you wasting your time playing our games?

It's one thing to just decide that you don't want to come here anymore because you don't want to have to post to play games. But it is entirely different to post that you have better places to post than here with a little wink. We're real people sitting here working around the clock to make this a fun place and it is hurtful to see people posting these kind of things.

Dove
08-01-2007, 01:12 PM
Ttownanne, I just looke at the arcade and here is what it say's up top : Arcade announcements:
Welcome to the Sunshine Rewards Arcade! You can play the free games as much as you want, but if you don't post in the forum at least once a day, any high scores will not save. Premium game subscriptions are $19.99 for six months but free for everyone through July 31, 2007.
So I think it's just one post a day for your high score to record.
I believe there are some problems with the games right now and I am sure SunshineGirl is working on it.
Hope that helps you a bit . :hugs:

Dovie

Mandi
08-01-2007, 01:17 PM
I am really hurt by people posting that their posts are "better spent elsewhere." I was trying to hold my tongue on this. But.....

We work really hard to provide fun and games over here for our members. It costs us a lot of time and money to run the "free" games. If you don't want to waste your time posting in our community, then why are you wasting your time playing our games?

It's one thing to just decide that you don't want to come here anymore because you don't want to have to post to play games. But it is entirely different to post that you have better places to post than here with a little wink. We're real people sitting here working around the clock to make this a fun place and it is hurtful to see people posting these kind of things.

Yikes. I think you may have misunderstood what my ;) was for. I wasn't at all implying that my posts are better spent elsewhere. I am sorry if it came across that way, Tricia. Anne and I belong to a parenting forum and have for many years. (which if you want I'm happy to give the link to) We weren't referencing another GPT site at all. We're just both over there all the time so that's where my ;) came from, since I'm on there entirely too much. Of course I'm on here entirely too much too. :) They are totally different sites with totally different uses/purposes. Anyway, sorry if your feelings were hurt. It wasn't my intent.

Dove
08-01-2007, 01:27 PM
Tricia I'm sending you bunches of :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: . I'd send you a pb&j sandwich with lot's of love but you live to far away from me.

Dovie

wdwabby
08-01-2007, 01:45 PM
Once you start poking around here you'll find that your posts rack up in no time! There's a fun Bump Thread and an ABCs of Disney thread that you can always jump in on and there are threads on all sorts of interesting thing. Everyone here is a blast, so there's lots of chit chat going on and you'll be coerced into saying funny things and I think you'll like it here.

When I started over here I never thought I'd spend a lot of time here because I was on the DISboards all the time. Now, I've found that it's possible to be active on more than one message board :heart: I hope you'll continue to give the boards a chance - hope to see you around the various threads.

-Abby

SunshineGirl
08-01-2007, 01:54 PM
Sorry if I seem jumpy. It's been a rough day. We just found out that DH might be losing his job after 8 years. And we get a certified letter that the company building our new house didn't pay $30K to the concrete people, who now want to sue US for the money even though we already paid the builder. Add to that this darn game upgrade to close some bugs in the software and I am just about to throw the whole WW thing out the window and grab a Hershey bar.

I really do want people to give our community a chance. We try to be full service--games, shopping, chat, etc. Obviously we all spend a lot of time on other sites, too. But I want people to want to participate if they are going to play the games. :)

coastalgirl
08-01-2007, 01:57 PM
I may be mistaken but the 75 post rule is for the chat room, not the games.

Lydia

Mandi
08-01-2007, 02:48 PM
I may be mistaken but the 75 post rule is for the chat room, not the games.

Lydia

Is it? See, figures I'd get that wrong. I've not tried chat yet and I've stopped playing the arcade games because I totally suck at them.
:rotfl:

Tricia, sorry you're having a rough time right now. I hope that SunshineGuy doesn't lose his job. That combined with the house stuff has got to be very stressful.

m 'n c
08-01-2007, 03:05 PM
Sorry about your day tricia. hopefully the job will work out and if not now that SG has a masters maybe he can find a better job. the house will work out too. I'm surprised they aren't going after the builders though. I guess they figure you'll have to sue the builders.

I enjoy our community here and sometimes I think I'm being a little too chatty on here when I post a bunch so I try to limit what I do. I don't want to get on anyone's nerves.

SunshineGirl
08-01-2007, 03:13 PM
Sorry about your day tricia. hopefully the job will work out and if not now that SG has a masters maybe he can find a better job. the house will work out too. I'm surprised they aren't going after the builders though. I guess they figure you'll have to sue the builders.

I enjoy our community here and sometimes I think I'm being a little too chatty on here when I post a bunch so I try to limit what I do. I don't want to get on anyone's nerves.

Goodness! There is no such thing as too chatty! :)

I'm trying to be very open minded about the whole thing. Maybe the time has come for SG to just focus all of his energy on our business? We'd probably end up divorced, but SR could be awesome!

TtownAnne
08-01-2007, 03:14 PM
Tricia, I'm sorry you're having a tough day and I certainly didn't intend to add to it - I didn't say my time was "better" spent elsewhere, I just said it's usually spent elsewhere. Sorry to have caused offense if there was any. I'm having a tough time getting acclimated because I can't seem to figure out the things that others are doing with complete ease. I can never find the offers people are discussing, contests or games or something are mentioned but there are no links to them, etc.

But now that I know there was a problem with the games in general, I will wait - my problem was that no matter what game I clicked on, premium or regular (although I'm not sure how to tell which is which...), I was getting the message I mentioned above.

SunshineGirl
08-01-2007, 03:16 PM
Tricia, I'm sorry you're having a tough day and I certainly didn't intend to add to it - I didn't say my time was "better" spent elsewhere, I just said it's usually spent elsewhere. Sorry to have caused offense if there was any. I'm having a tough time getting acclimated because I can't seem to figure out the things that others are doing with complete ease. I can never find the offers people are discussing, contests or games or something are mentioned but there are no links to them, etc.

But now that I know there was a problem with the games in general, I will wait - my problem was that no matter what game I clicked on, premium or regular (although I'm not sure how to tell which is which...), I was getting the message I mentioned above.

I've actually been formulating a way in my head to make things easier for newer people or people who don't spend much time here. Maybe I should think out loud?

I was thinking about a "Start Menu" of sorts. Like "What Would You Like To Do Today?" Then break it down into things like "Earn Credits" "Have Fun" etc. Would that be helpful?

faithhope
08-01-2007, 03:28 PM
Sorry to hear about SG job... your family will be in my prayers...
We go through this almost every year with my husband's job... Has he gotten enough grants to stay another year or two... every september the stress starts...

Faith

m 'n c
08-01-2007, 03:40 PM
That sounds like a great idea Tricia. Is there a general how-to thread? Maybe some of us can submit a how-to on different subjects and you can merge them into one big post. Like How-To earn credits via offers, how to earn credits via shopping, how to clear cookies, how to play games, how to enter flash chat, etc.

bs4free
08-01-2007, 03:43 PM
That sounds like a great idea Tricia. Is there a general how-to thread? Maybe some of us can submit a how-to on different subjects and you can merge them into one big post. Like How-To earn credits via offers, how to earn credits via shopping, how to clear cookies, how to play games, how to enter flash chat, etc.

Votes for how to's, I realy liked some of your topics! Would make it simple for new users to get up to speed with how things work. I know i was lost at first, well still am! Glad so many members use to fourms to answer questions quickly. Thanks all.

TIAMOMMA
08-01-2007, 03:43 PM
Sorry if I seem jumpy. It's been a rough day. We just found out that DH might be losing his job after 8 years. And we get a certified letter that the company building our new house didn't pay $30K to the concrete people, who now want to sue US for the money even though we already paid the builder. Add to that this darn game upgrade to close some bugs in the software and I am just about to throw the whole WW thing out the window and grab a Hershey bar.

I really do want people to give our community a chance. We try to be full service--games, shopping, chat, etc. Obviously we all spend a lot of time on other sites, too. But I want people to want to participate if they are going to play the games. :)

Ah girlfriend, you and your family our in my prayers! I'm sorry to hear you are having SUCH a stressful day. :( I wish there was a way I could cheer you up. (If Chingy ever listened to me you could be sure I'd send him your way for a little "par-tay", lol!). You do so much for all of us, let us know if there's anything we can do to help or cheer up the SF (:sunshine: family).

Chelley00
08-01-2007, 05:50 PM
Anne and I belong to a parenting forum and have for many years. (which if you want I'm happy to give the link to) We weren't referencing another GPT site at all. We're just both over there all the time so that's where my ;)

You forgot me :(

That's why I don't have much time to post here. What little free time I get, I post on our parenting board, then come here to browse around. I would love to have more time to get to know others here, but it just can't happen when I have to fight 4 kids for the computer :)

Tricia, I'm so sorry for all that's happened! What a pain! I do like your"What should I do today" idea.

Mandi
08-01-2007, 06:09 PM
You forgot me :(

Your user name threw me. :) I knew you were on the rewards side of the site, but didn't realize you were on the forum side too. So my humblist apologies for not including you. ;)

I like the idea of the start menu for newbies too. I know when I first started, I only had Dis as a reference for help. Since you opened this forum things have gotten so much easier, Tricia. It's nice having help from people who are all on the same page iykwim. :)

belbook
08-01-2007, 07:46 PM
Is there anything designating which games are free?

jnorth1007
08-01-2007, 07:58 PM
If you look on the arcades from page at the bottom right there is a click that says free games (22), one that says Super Member Games (3) and one that says Premium Games (112) if you click on the free games link and scroll down all of the games at the bottom are the free games. The best thing is to add any games you like to your favorites so you don't have to go looking for them everytime you want to play.

belbook
08-01-2007, 08:13 PM
If you look on the arcades from page at the bottom right there is a click that says free games (22), one that says Super Member Games (3) and one that says Premium Games (112) if you click on the free games link and scroll down all of the games at the bottom are the free games. The best thing is to add any games you like to your favorites so you don't have to go looking for them everytime you want to play.

Was that a dumb question or what? :o

jnorth1007
08-01-2007, 08:16 PM
Cant be too dumb it is the second time I have answered it today LOL If you couldn't find them good odds are that other people cant either

Mom2aPrincess
08-02-2007, 11:14 AM
Was that a dumb question or what? :o

Well I'm glad you asked it. I was wondering too.....

Tricia, sure hope things get better for you guys. That's so much to handle all of a sudden!

I like the idea of how to's and the start menu...I think the FORUMS are a huge help. Maybe there could be some type of noticeable notation on the member page that says something to the effect that if they are confused, things aren't working we're all over here to help?