PDA

View Full Version : Confession Time....

Magical JenK
08-01-2007, 01:50 PM
I have something to confess & feel it's time to share this with my fellow SR friends. Please don't judge, I'm just looking for some understanding.

Hello...my name is Jen & I'm a shoeaholic. Currently, Mary Jane shoes in particular. I just got back from a shoe store that is going out of business & I picked up two more pairs of Mary Janes to add to my ever growing collection.

These two bring my total of Mary Janes for the week to 4...that's right, I purchased two other pair last week. I have plenty of MJs but I just can't get enough. I have Borns, Crocs, Keds, Sketchers, Bob Marleys, etc....the list goes on & on w/my MJs it seems.

I'm not totally partial to MJs in my shoeaholicism, I do include other shoes in my addiction. Such as flip flops, sandals, canvas shoes, shoes to wear to work, shoes to wear to Disney, shoes to wear to the grocery store...I don't care, I just love all shoes.

I have a problem, I know. My DH would not be proud of this addiction of mine, but he can't stop me. No one can. I will find a way, anyway to get my MJs.

I know it's not an excuse but apparently this addiction is hereditary as my Grama also suffers from it. However, it has skipped a generation in my mom.

Thank you for listening.

Oh btw...I just found out I HAVE to go back to the store that is going out of business with a co-worker to help her get shoes...oh dang, I bet I'll get another pair of shoes...but I promise not MJs though! :angel:

SunshineGirl
08-01-2007, 01:55 PM
Jen, in this time as in all others, we are here for you. :hugs:

arob414
08-01-2007, 02:07 PM
Maybe, somewhere out there is a Shoeaholic Annonymous group to join. And, maybe, Tricia can add it to the offerings. And, then, you could earn more $. And, then you could go to the various shoe stores sites, earn even more $$. And, then, you could at least help your poor, probably not shoeless, husband support your habit.:rotfl: :rotfl:

LuvMyBoys
08-01-2007, 02:09 PM
Please know that if the problem gets too bad and you find yourself overwhelmed with new MJ's, you can send some my way.

I prefer navy blue or dark brown and size 7 1/2 or 8 will work. :angel:

chocovrdmicears
08-01-2007, 02:35 PM
Hi Jen.

Your addiction is understandable....especially for maryjanes...for some reason they are especially delightful. :(

And you will receive only support from me.
:hugs:

Remember, I googled Scott Baio on Monday, :blush: therefore am incapable of passing judgement on others.

m 'n c
08-01-2007, 02:55 PM
I am a size 6.5 if you have any that need a new home.

speechteachri
08-01-2007, 03:21 PM
We are all here for you Jen in this time of trouble!!;)

linanglab
08-01-2007, 06:28 PM
I also LOVE shoes. I am more of the flip flop/sandal shoeaholic. I have one in every color and shape. I wear a size 5 - I can also wear a 3 or so in children's (they are about the same size). That size is a bit hard to find. So anytime I see a shoe I like in a size that fits, I have a hard time NOT justifying buying them. You never know when you will get an outfit that will go with THAT particular shoe....

Many times I have bought shoes and then have to go out an buy an outfit to go with the shoe.

Jen - Do not come to me for support. I will only hurt the cause.

Angela

ItsmeSunnyV
08-01-2007, 08:17 PM
:rotfl: LOL crazy girl! It's part of being a girl...Put it this way, I can barrely close my coset right now, because for some reason, all of my summer flip flops are just dying to pop out of there. LOL

3dog2kidmom
08-01-2007, 09:14 PM
:rotfl: LOL crazy girl! It's part of being a girl...Put it this way, I can barrely close my coset right now, because for some reason, all of my summer flip flops are just dying to pop out of there. LOL

What? Closets are supposed to be closed? Now THAT's a silly notion! :rotfl:

Jen -- I would be happy to make room for some of your overstock, too, but I wear a big ol' size 10!

Kittykat
08-01-2007, 10:05 PM
I am not an addict.

Just because I have more shoes than I have common sense does not mean there is a problem.

Just because I find shoes that I've forgotten I purchased does not mean that I am out of control.

Just because I can justify the purchase of ANY shoe does not mean that I can't stop anytime I'd like to.

What do you mean denial is the first stage?!

:rotfl:

I'm right there with ya, Jen. I looooooooooove shoes. Any shoes. Sandals. Tennis. Boots. Wedges. I seldom have met a shoe that I didn't like. Heck, I can even get really excited over golf shoes. I'm a shoe addi--er, I mean enthusiast. ;)

chipndale
08-02-2007, 11:14 AM
What? Closets are supposed to be closed? Now THAT's a silly notion! :rotfl:

That is too funny! DH and I are building a new house and we just talked about the walkin closet in the master bedroom. He made the statement that we really don't need a closet door on it. I could just save the money that the door and door handle costs and just use it to buy more "stuff" for in the closet. Plus he said that the closet door was never shut in our old house because of my "stuff" in the closet. Whats a girl to do? Shop!:rotfl:

wdwabby
08-02-2007, 11:25 AM
I love high heels/stilettos .... LOVE:love: them. I have a shoe thing that hangs over the door and it's full of them. and a basket overflowing with flip flops - is that a contradiction, loving both?

and designer purses.

My reward to myself when I pay off my student loans will likely be a purse. Just haven't decided which (and it may change, I'm on the 10 year plan:( ) right now I'm lusting after a Marc Jacobs multi-pocket w/ silver hardware in black or denim, but may end up with a Chanel for the classic factor

right now I'll just hug my Coaches (yay Coach outlet and TJ Maxx) and eat my ramen and pay my bills :(

arob414
08-02-2007, 02:19 PM
DD9 wears a size 4 in children's, but Crocs don't come in that size for children. What size that convert to in women's. All this shoe talk led me to ShoeBuy. We all wear them, and luckily, DD12 and I wear same size, now, so we can have more colors without spending lots of $$.

Magical JenK
08-02-2007, 10:27 PM
I am not an addict.

Just because I have more shoes than I have common sense does not mean there is a problem.

Just because I find shoes that I've forgotten I purchased does not mean that I am out of control.

Just because I can justify the purchase of ANY shoe does not mean that I can't stop anytime I'd like to.

What do you mean denial is the first stage?!

:rotfl:

I'm right there with ya, Jen. I looooooooooove shoes. Any shoes. Sandals. Tennis. Boots. Wedges. I seldom have met a shoe that I didn't like. Heck, I can even get really excited over golf shoes. I'm a shoe addi--er, I mean enthusiast. ;)

Kitty-I couldn't have said it better myself! Even about the golf shoes! No lie! This is just so true! I am glad to know I'm not alone in my enthusiasm!!

And thank all the rest of you for your support, concern & genuine offers of good homes! Unfortunately, I don't think any of us are shoe twins...I'm an 8 1/2 or 9.

BTW...I did sell 1 pair of sandals at a garage sale 2 weeks ago....so that counts toward getting help right? :rotfl:

arob414
08-02-2007, 10:29 PM
Kitty-I couldn't have said it better myself! Even about the golf shoes! No lie! This is just so true! I am glad to know I'm not alone in my enthusiasm!!

And thank all the rest of you for your support, concern & genuine offers of good homes! Unfortunately, I don't think any of us are shoe twins...I'm an 8 1/2 or 9.

BTW...I did sell 1 pair of sandals at a garage sale 2 weeks ago....so that counts toward getting help right? :rotfl:

I'm a 81/2 and so is DD12.:angel:

arob414
08-02-2007, 10:31 PM
BTW, several yrs ago, my best friend's appt building got smoked and the owners had a group come in and clean everything up. While they were doing it, they inventoried her shoes. She had something like 150 prs. We called her Imelda for a long time. She is also a size 5 and just picks them up because she finds the displays cheap.

Magical JenK
08-02-2007, 10:54 PM
BTW, several yrs ago, my best friend's appt building got smoked and the owners had a group come in and clean everything up. While they were doing it, they inventoried her shoes. She had something like 150 prs. We called her Imelda for a long time. She is also a size 5 and just picks them up because she finds the displays cheap.

OMG...I totally forgot...in my Sr yearbook my quote is something like, "to have more shoes than Imelda"!! Nice Jen!!