PDA

View Full Version : iLegal - “Incentivized” Offers and the FTC - Things Are Heating Up

SunshineGirl
05-08-2007, 01:00 PM
In my continuing effort to keep you all up to date on the state of rewards programs, here is an interesting article about incentivized sites.

"Incentivized" is what SR is continued to be. Though I think it is in a lot of ways different than this article. This article seems more geared toward the sites that say "Get a *Free $125 Gift Card" and then you have to sign up for a bunch of things that you didn't know you had to sign up for to get it.

Still, a case can be made that rewards sites would fall into this. It's kind of a slippery slope. But the government is cracking down. Bear in mind that as a licensed attorney, I do my absolute best to make sure that NOTHING on SR is fraudulent or illegal. But not all rewards sites are on the up-and-up. And not all of the people that we work with are. So beware...and be aware!

http://www.dmconfidential.com/blogs/column/iLegal/1298/

luvdisney
05-09-2007, 08:45 PM
Tricia thanks for doing all that you can to bring us this wonderful reward site. We know that you are looking out for us and are doing what you can to help us earn money for Disney. Thank you for what you do. :sunshine2:

saffymom
05-10-2007, 03:02 AM
Thanks for the info. It should be interesting to see what happens.

Thank you for running such a great site! I've done a lot of rewards sites and this is the best!:sunshine:

nicholfamily5
05-31-2007, 12:09 PM
wow! good info to know. I sure hope nothing happens to our beloved SR site! I really appreciate all the hard work you put into keeping things on the up and up!