PDA

View Full Version : Okay... I think I want to start!

Soccer Princess
08-01-2007, 07:17 PM
The exercise thread has me motivated, and I think I want to start doing WW, but I'm not sure if I want to go to the meetings. Does anyone do the online program and like it? Could I just do my own version without paying for it? :) Any tips? Thanks!

jnorth1007
08-01-2007, 07:23 PM
I just signed up for the online program on SR and I already have the 4.00 credit pending LOL. I dont think it is something that you can do on your own until you have done it before. I was clueless until I started using the site. The site helps you set up your points balance and lets you track your points used and also gives you the points value of every food you can imagine including name brands. I bought the 3 months for 65.00 but they also had a 1 month program for 40 something. I love this program so far because I am actually eating more food than before but it is better food. I would eat a burger, fries and coke for lunch before and then eat dinner. Today I had a WW english muffin for breakfast, WW baked ziti for lunch, 3 containers of WW yogurt in differnt flavors throughout the day and a Pria bar and still have plenty of points left for a dinner and snack.

m 'n c
08-01-2007, 07:33 PM
I am doing the in person meetings. I did ww in the past on my own and did great. This time around I didn't have the motivation so I'm going to meetings. I like my leader and it gives me an excuse to leave work at noon on Wednesdays to go to my meeting and then come back.

It is such a liveable program that its great to try it out and get all the info so you could continue on your own if you choose. The good thing about the meetings is that if you hit your lifetime goal then its free afterwards for meetings as long as you stay within 2 pounds.

Soccer Princess
08-01-2007, 08:49 PM
Hmm... With the online version do they mail you the hard copies of the books or is it just online? I really won't go to the meetings, so I think I'm going to sign up for the online one tomorrow. Between that and you guys keeping me accountable, I think I will be okay! :)

m 'n c
08-01-2007, 08:54 PM
You can buy the items online. I find it easier to make a sheet of all the things you normally eat/restaurants you go to and keep it hard copy rather than carry the books around. The only thing you might want from WW is the point calculator to bring to the grocery store but even that isn't a necessity once you learn the basic estimate of 1 pt = 50 calories while shopping.

Soccer Princess
08-01-2007, 09:35 PM
hmm okay... so I go to the website and I see there is WW Online and WW At Home. I want to do the online one right?

m 'n c
08-01-2007, 09:39 PM
Yes. Online is what you want.

Soccer Princess
08-01-2007, 10:28 PM
Thanks! :) I'm signing up tomorrow morning!

SunshineGirl
08-01-2007, 11:02 PM
I bought a point slider scale on ebay because I really do like to have that handy when I am shopping.