PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Shopping Dilemma

Blessing and Miracle
11-29-2008, 07:12 PM
No one needs anything. :(

I've been really trying to shop but can't think of anything to buy. The two older kids will be getting GC's.

Keyera will get a car.

Jonathan 16- Don't know what to buy him. The only thing we can think of is a Playstation 3 since DS24 is moving and taking his.

Blessing and Miracle - they don't really need anything. I've already bought just about everything from Children's Place, so no clothes.

They got so much last year that I still have the dolls I purchased from My Twinn Dolls in the shipping box! Just too many toys already. The only thing I can think of is the Vtech TV game.

DH- Doesn't want or need anything.

HELP!!! I wanna shop too. See my delimma? I gotta put something under the tree.:(

3dog2kidmom
11-29-2008, 07:21 PM
Nice dilemma to have!

Here are some things you can buy...

PS3 games (can't have too many!)
Popcorn factory jolly snowman tin (for family to eat while waiting for dinner)
gift cards thru kohls for cash back
MJB & sephora... something for yourself!
That lipgloss set I think Sunni posted will be good for stocking stuffers even if they don't need anything
Some new DVDs

Good luck!

mmm611
11-29-2008, 07:48 PM
What about finding some kind of an activity set for the twins? Joann's has some neat kids crafting stuff.

The other idea I have is you could possibly get passes or tickets to an event or the zoo or something like that.

sunshinecindy
11-29-2008, 07:56 PM
Buy something nice for the entire family like Harry and Davids baskets, or my favorite, Home Bistro, or Mondays special, Omaha Steaks for just 2.49. Food is always good, at least in my house. Gourmetgiftbaskets has some really awesome baskets to.....and, if all else fails.....you can buy me something. :D

disney_girl
11-29-2008, 08:23 PM
That is tough! I agree with Cindy on getting the family some type of edible gift! My DH is one of the hardest for me to buy for...he buys want he needs/ wants which makes gifts harder! Does your DH already have a digital picture frame? Can you put together a calendar for his office?

This year, I am leaning more towards board type games that we can play as a family. As well as activity type games that can be played indoors/outdoors. I think Back to Basics Toys has lots of ideas. My Mom is also getting us a family membership to the local zoo which will be great! Arts and crafts type things would be great as well.

Sunni
11-29-2008, 08:33 PM
Lisa...I agree with the board games...great family fun.

I always loved getting the girls crafty projects to do. Do they still have paper dolls?

As for DH...I think of this off and on and always forget to do this...but did you watch Oprah last week.....the box with sayings put in it and then add a favorite treat or two. You are wonderful with words....you would write wonderful things.

Blessing and Miracle
11-29-2008, 08:46 PM
Thanks for the ideas.

Sunni, do they still make paper dolls? LOL. So many memories. No, I didn't see that episode of Oprah. Good with words...I don't know about that but thanks.

Cindy, what's your address? :rotfl:

lanny76
11-29-2008, 11:40 PM
Edible gifts would be appreciated by everyone, I'd think!!
Also, as far as my DH goes, sometimes I have a hard time thinking of anything to buy him, but he likes techie things, so I splurged and bought him a digital pic frame. Not that he NEEDS it, but I think he will have fun playing with it!:D
But really it's actually an OK thing not to have to buy lots of things - the most important things you can give each other can't be bought! And it's good not to be too materialistic.
But, too, you can do more homemade-type gifts, or the activity/craft things mentioned. Something that can be more useful/educational, and involve more of the family.

Blessing and Miracle
11-30-2008, 03:20 PM
We're getting somewhere. Yiippeee! :banana: I assumed no one needed anything but that's not stopping them from wanting things. After our traditional What I Want for Christimas List writing last night, all of them came up with a few wants. So I've got some shopping to do. :banana:

Sunni
11-30-2008, 03:21 PM
Now the fun begins....:clap:

MamaO
11-30-2008, 03:28 PM
Lisa,

Is there a nice restaurant that you and DH have been wanting to try (or already like) that you could get a GC for dinner out for just the 2 of you? Also, didn't you say after your Vegas trip that you and DH hoped to take another getaway by yourselves? What about a basket with brochures of possible places to go along with a gas card (if you'd be likely to drive and/or rent a car) plus any other small travel accessories, travel-size toiletries, etc.?

My kids always enjoy gift cards to movie theaters (heck, so do I!) - they like to go but it has gotten so expensive.

sammielynn
11-30-2008, 04:15 PM
I can't beleive that no one suggested that you buy one of your favorite apples just for you!

Blessing and Miracle
11-30-2008, 11:41 PM
I can't beleive that no one suggested that you buy one of your favorite apples just for you!

:rotfl: They have no idea as to how good those apples are. I don't share them. :rotfl:

Mama0, I suggested we all go to Disney for vacation since no one really needed anything but I was the only one excited about going away for the holidays! :confused:

That's a good idea for DH. We are already talking about our next getaway. Perhaps, I can find a few brochures.

The older kids love to receive the gift cards and I agree the movies are way too expensive.

I found a few things last night. :)

mmm611
11-30-2008, 11:51 PM
How about a Netflix or Blockbuster gift subscription? They also have a similar deal for video games that I considered for my brother.

And since you're still fixing the house from Ike, how about a Home Depot gift card for your DH?

Blessing and Miracle
12-01-2008, 12:01 AM
How about a Netflix or Blockbuster gift subscription? They also have a similar deal for video games that I considered for my brother.

And since you're still fixing the house from Ike, how about a Home Depot gift card for your DH?

We have a membership to Netflix and I asked DH about the Home Depot GC and he didn't sound too interested. :( After 28 years there is nothing else to buy him really. Last year I paid 280.00 for some charter fishing tickets (for him and the boys) because fishing is his favorite past time and he didn't even use them. Now they are expired. I thought it was a wonderful idea, but never again will I buy tickets for anything. I thought about buying him WWE Westlermania tickets (they will be here next year on his birthday) but I thought about the fishing tickets and quickly changed my mind.

He's pretty much like me. Just as long as the family is happy I am too, so I don't really look for anything. Oh, but this year I am wanting my scrapbooking center completed. And they all know I ask for the same thing for every occassion: Gift Cards to buy Scrapbooking Stuff. :rotfl: