PDA

View Full Version : Which one?

DisneyMa
08-05-2007, 12:36 PM
Do you cash out in Disney gift cards or Disney dollars? Which one and why? I'm just curious for next time, which method is better or is there a difference?

TIA:sunshine:

faithhope
08-05-2007, 01:20 PM
I like having a both...

I think there is a small charge for cashing out for disney dollars, and if you lose them, you are out of luck... but they are fun to have and the kids like seeing the pictures, so I like having some.

I like having mostly disney gift cards... they take up less room, and will be easier to use to pay off the room rate... I believe that if you copy down the number for the gift cards, you have a "chance" of recovering them if lost...

Faith

Hedy
08-05-2007, 01:24 PM
GC's...just in case my trip doesn't work out they're easier to hang onto, or I can use them on Disneyshopping for Xmas presents.
Closer to my trip I'll probably get some Disney Dollars, though.

Mom2aPrincess
08-05-2007, 01:29 PM
I cash out for gift cards through SR because the dollars are just like sending cash...if they don't make it, there's no tracking them. But I buy Disney Dollars from the Disney Store and keep them in supply for incentives when I need something done around the house or for when the tooth fairy comes, etc.

mollyeilis
08-05-2007, 01:29 PM
For me, since I go to DLR and there are some food carts not connected enough to take any cards, getting a DD or two would make sense, just in case I don't feel like whipping out cash at that moment.

ON the other hand, I don't want twenty of them. :p So I personally ordered GCs in the cashout, and if I want DDs for the fun of it, I'll buy some when we get to Disneyland.

I know that people give DDollars to kids over the year as gifts, for their own savings for their vacation. Since they can't be squandered in regular life, I think that's a pretty good way to do it! But since they are just like cash, you have to be careful with them.

DisneyMa
08-05-2007, 01:51 PM
Thanks for the info! I like the idea of having a couple Disney Dollars for the food carts (good idea) and from the tooth fairy!

I heard Tricia has special cash outs? Does anyone have more info? Or is it just random?

m 'n c
08-05-2007, 01:57 PM
I think the next special cash out is in late september or october as she is trying to let us all build our balances back up from the last one. Usually she gives us hints in advance so we know when we need to get ready.

I am getting GCs to help pay off our vacation package. I have gotten a few DD to pay for snacks but I'm not getting very many of them as I don't want to deal with lots of DD.

DisneyMa
08-05-2007, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the replies. I think GC will work for us:D Now, I just need to build up my balance.

Mom2aPrincess
08-05-2007, 04:01 PM
Thanks for the replies. I think GC will work for us:D Now, I just need to build up my balance.

Check out this thread....

Automatic Credits
http://www.sunshinerewardsforum.com/showthread.php?t=644

I'd start at the end of this thread and you can build up your balance a little quicker.

ravensdreamer
08-06-2007, 10:45 AM
I chose the gift cards as I have bad luck with the mail system sometimes having things lost or put in the wrong PO box so I chose the gc's myself. I did however buy Disney dollars at the store, big mistake sending my son in to get them $30 worth...and he got $30 worth...all ones...:sunshine2:

Mom2aPrincess
08-06-2007, 10:49 AM
I chose the gift cards as I have bad luck with the mail system sometimes having things lost or put in the wrong PO box so I chose the gc's myself. I did however buy Disney dollars at the store, big mistake sending my son in to get them $30 worth...and he got $30 worth...all ones...:sunshine2:

:rotfl: I always get mostly ones but I can just imagine your reaction if it wasn't what you expected! I like mostly ones since they are rewards at our house..I can shell them out one a time (my daughter's only 6 - 7 this week) and $1 is still enough to make her smile and jump around! :)

bs4free
08-06-2007, 11:16 AM
I like Disney Gift cards, Most likely because i dont like or use much cash in real life and Disney Dollars are so much like cash, However with Disney Dollars you can get real change back from a purchase! But its still nice to just have the computer keep track of it all and just swipe the card or cards and be done with it! I could see how much of a pain cards would be if you had to carry around 20 or 30 cards! :computer:

kerry34
08-07-2007, 12:14 AM
I cash out for the gift cards too, for all the reasons everyone posted. Much less worry, since you have a better chance of recovering the gift card if you copy down the numbers.