PDA

View Full Version : Mother's Day Contest Voting

SunshineGirl
05-09-2007, 11:16 AM
I promise I haven't been slacking off and ignoring you all this morning. I have been finalizing the Mother's Day Memory Contest and it is amazing!!

The submissions were just awesome. I was genuinely laughing and crying. We had stories about childbirth and stories about adoption. Stories about new moms and stories about moms passing away. Some submissions were through the eyes of the mom and others were through the eyes of the daughter or son. I really had a hard time even choosing 10. I could have easily had 15 or 20. So if you did not get chosen, it doesn't mean that I didn't like your entry. :) I tried to pick a nice range of different types of stories.

Go read and enjoy and vote! I'll be anxious to hear what you think about the submissions. Feel free to reply, and feel free to share on this board or any others if one is yours! The stories are a real celebration of motherhood.

www.sunshinerewards.com/momcontest.php

~Kathie
05-09-2007, 02:41 PM
Wow!! Some of those brought tears to my eyes. You are right Tricia.......those are some great stories.

My story #10 was written late last night and got in under the wire. When you read it, you'll know why.

Looking forward to putting names together with stories.
Hope eveyone posts which story is theirs.

Good luck everyone and Happy Mother's Day!

Tricia,

Is there a way to still be able to see the stories after you've voted like with the contests?

Lowie
05-09-2007, 06:03 PM
oh wow, great stories. i'm not voting for myself this time. not even going to say which is mine. i will say, however, that having a husband who is legally blind, i had to vote for entry number 2. one day, i pray, that my dh gets to really see our beautiful kids. although there is currently no treatment for what he has (retinitis pigmentosa) we still have hope for the future.

thanks to everyone for sharing and Kathie, I'll be thinking about your mom, please update us on her condition when you can.

wilsonfamily4
05-09-2007, 06:28 PM
Those were really good. Really hard to vote this time.