PDA

View Full Version : How long to receive a GC?

Lana
08-06-2007, 10:21 AM
Hi,

I cashed out for Disney GC on July 25th but still haven't received it yet. I live in Canada and probably that's why it takes longer then in USA. I just hope I'll receive it in time for my Disney Vacation starting on Aug 27! Any ideas how long doest it take to receive GC in Canada?

SunshineGirl
08-06-2007, 10:43 AM
Hi Lana,

I would think that you should have it by then. But it does take longer to get to Canada. :(

bbangel
08-06-2007, 03:29 PM
I've found that it takes between 10 days and two weeks of business days. My mom hasn't received her's from the special cash out yet, but we expect it to come this week.

Lana
08-14-2007, 08:19 AM
Hello,

Just to give you an update on my Disney Special cashout GC. I received it yesterday, so it took about 2 weeks for it to be shipped to Canada.

Thank you SR~

spring
08-14-2007, 07:18 PM
Glad to hear you got your GC. Enjoy!

ruledbymercury
08-16-2007, 03:35 PM
Tricia - I thought I'd post my concern here instead of posting a brand new thread for a similar issue. I know you get several questions like these throughout the boards.

Our weekend in WDW begins about midday on Friday 9/28. I would REALLY like to wait until Saturday 9/15 to cash out, because I'll have at least $26 in pending credits that will come through on that day. Can I wait until first thing on the 15th to cash out, or is that pushing it? I know you say it's best to give 2 weeks leeway, but I would technically still have 12-13 days for it to arrive. Is this doable?

Thanks and sorry for the repetitive question.

SunshineGirl
08-16-2007, 03:47 PM
The only problem with cashing out on the 15th is that it would not get in the mail until 17th because the 15th is a Saturday. Ordinarily, I can turn them around faster.

Now, depending on where you live, if I send it out on the 17th or 18th, you should get it by the 25th (as long as you are not in Canada). Since I send out the Disney cards from Indiana, they usually get to anywhere in the continental US within 4 mail days of when I send them.

I'll be doing all of the cashouts from the 15th and 16th first thing on the 17th and then taking them directly to the post office, which also helps get them there faster.

It will be close, but it might work out okay.

ruledbymercury
08-16-2007, 04:05 PM
I actually live in Central Florida. So, if I'm understanding correctly, if you ship my giftcard out on the 17th or 18th, it should arrive sometime between the 21st and the 24th, using your "4 days for the continental US" rule. I think that probably still gives it enough leeway until we leave on the 28th, even if it takes a day or two longer than expected. Right?

SunshineGirl
08-16-2007, 04:07 PM
I actually live in Central Florida. So, if I'm understanding correctly, if you ship my giftcard out on the 17th or 18th, it should arrive sometime between the 21st and the 24th, using your "4 days for the continental US" rule. I think that probably still gives it enough leeway until we leave on the 28th, even if it takes a day or two longer than expected. Right?

Yep. It actually usually takes only 2 days to get from me to Florida.

ruledbymercury
08-16-2007, 04:41 PM
Great! It seems like the risk is minimal enough that I can indeed cash out on the 15th. Thanks for the info! :)

sunshinecindy
08-17-2007, 11:04 AM
I don't know if I'll take that risk, I need all the wine drinking money I can get :rotfl: We go the 28th also.