PDA

View Full Version : WDW here we come!!!!

The Cheshire Cat
08-07-2007, 12:34 PM
We leave in the morning! Yippieeee! I do not know how in the world i'm going to sleep tonight. I'm the biggest kid!

For those who are expecting post cards - I will have them out by this weekend!

Have a great week everyone!:hugs:

DisneyMa
08-07-2007, 12:37 PM
Oh, I'm totally jealous! Have a great time. Enjoy :mickey: and:minnie:

m 'n c
08-07-2007, 01:04 PM
Have a great trip and bring back lots of pictures, news, and reviews!!

sunshinecindy
08-07-2007, 01:20 PM
Have a good time and try not to eat too much.

Mom2aPrincess
08-07-2007, 03:16 PM
Have a great time and try not to think too much of us stuck at home....:rotfl:

The Cheshire Cat
08-07-2007, 03:26 PM
Thanks Guys!

I've been packed for a week now! heehee

llgray16
08-07-2007, 03:28 PM
Have a GREAT trip :sunshine: I can't wait to hear about it when you get back!

bs4free
08-07-2007, 05:19 PM
Have a great time at disney world! I know its so hard to Sleep!

Like a kid on christmas eve.

SunshineGirl
08-07-2007, 05:40 PM
I am one of those people who totally cannot get to sleep the night before we go to Disney. LOL! I've been known to take tylenol pm or nyquil before. :rotfl:

Magical JenK
08-07-2007, 05:44 PM
Have a great trip!!

arob414
08-07-2007, 05:45 PM
I am one of those people who totally cannot get to sleep the night before we go to Disney. LOL! I've been known to take tylenol pm or nyquil before. :rotfl:

Me, too!!! And, I have had nightmares of getting to the airport/hotel and realizing I have forgotten to pack a bunch of stuff. Only one time have I ever left anything and that was the time before last. I left my makeup, shampoo, etc sitting in the bathroom.

Cheshire Cat, have loads of fun! I am so envious.:D

The Cheshire Cat
08-16-2007, 01:44 PM
We are back!!!!

Had a fantastic trip! It's was way hot! In the mid 90s each day. Ugh!

The pool was over crowded - no chairs and packed in the pool. Forget the slide the line was too long. Same with Captain Cooks. We waited almost an hour just to get our food and pay for it. Room service was an hour wait too.

The Lapu Lapu was just as yummy and I discovered a new drink - the PinacoLAVA - oh man that was just too good pool side!

Pretty crowded but we used TGM's site and didn't wait in line for much of anything in the parks! Great advice!

The Princess and Pirate party was really fun. Anyone thinking about that i'd say "YES" do it!

We had a problem checking in. The hotel was totally full and the guests in our room wouldn't leave (checkout) we had to wait hours and finally they had to get security to remove them. Hey I never want to leave either but sheese!

I saw the dream squad once giving another couple something.

It was a great week!

Now back to earning my disney dollars for our trip in two years!

Any questions be happy to answer!

bs4free
08-16-2007, 01:59 PM
We are back!!!!

Had a fantastic trip! It's was way hot! In the mid 90s each day. Ugh!

The pool was over crowded - no chairs and packed in the pool. Forget the slide the line was too long. Same with Captain Cooks. We waited almost an hour just to get our food and pay for it. Room service was an hour wait too.

The Lapu Lapu was just as yummy and I discovered a new drink - the PinacoLAVA - oh man that was just too good pool side!

Pretty crowded but we used TGM's site and didn't wait in line for much of anything in the parks! Great advice!

The Princess and Pirate party was really fun. Anyone thinking about that i'd say "YES" do it!

We had a problem checking in. The hotel was totally full and the guests in our room wouldn't leave (checkout) we had to wait hours and finally they had to get security to remove them. Hey I never want to leave either but sheese!

I saw the dream squad once giving another couple something.

It was a great week!

Now back to earning my disney dollars for our trip in two years!

Any questions be happy to answer!

Can we get a full trip report with photos!!!! I love Trip reports with photos, it helps fill in the time between trips!

I am glad you had a great time, and that TGM worked well for you, best planning site around.

How was the food!

Sorry the poolside was so packed!

How was the Food!

:sunshine: :sunshine2: :sunshine:

LuvMyBoys
08-16-2007, 02:45 PM
Hmmm....that's interesting. I was under the impression that legally a hotel cannot remove you as a guest unless you are not paying. I have been told many times that you can force an extended stay on a hotel. :confused:

The Cheshire Cat
08-16-2007, 02:58 PM
The food was good!

Let's see here is what we ate:

We had Kona lunch on arrival day. DH and I had the Kona steak salad - delisiousosososososos very yummy! Went with the glazed chicken wing appi's and I think it took us all 3 minutes flat to wipe that plate out. My son has a dairy allergy and disney was amazing with that. He had the chicken fingers and fries, fruit cup and then they made him up a Kona Kone (i'll post a picture of that later). IF your heading to the Kona for lunch or dinner with kids the Kona Kone is just awesome - it comes in a huge waffle cone dipped in chocolate standing up on your plate. m & m's on the bottom and cotton candy blue or pink. ice cream in the cone with chocolate drizzled on top and a very cute chocolate mickey sticking out of the top! Everything was great.
We also did one breakfast here. DS had a mickey waffle - wasn't on the menu but they fixed it for him with fruit and bacon. I had the Big kahuna breakfast - way too much food. two slices of french toast, two pancakes, bacon, sasauge, ham, eggs any way you want them and potatoes. I would have left half of it sitting their but my dh ordered the Tonga toast and hated it. I do not like banana's so it didn't interest me and I've heard so many great reviews about it I told him he'd probably love it. I skip telling you how he described it. Not pretty.
We ordered room service that night. We had duck pot stickers yummy, cheese burger and pizza. All was very good! From the Poly.
Day 2 was a pool day. We started our morning in the conceirge lounge. Fruit, cereal, etc. Lunch at Captain Cook's (hour long wait) which is pretty unacceptable if you ask me. They should have more people to cook and ring up the orders. dh had double cheese burger, me grilled cheese yummy comes on multi grain bread with a tomatoe, ds chicken fingers. I was told by someone can't remember who that the quick service eatery in the poly, cr and gf are all the same. We were kinda sick of the same old stuff after a while. We tried to do a park day then a pool day switching off so we were eating around the hotel quite a bit. The sides for kids are apple sauce, carrots or grapes (fries on request) my son was so sick of these by the end of the week.
Dinner we ate at the Rain Forest Cafe downtown disney. ds had a steak with brocoli, I had the coconut shrimp with garlic mash and dh had the steak and shirmp. All was good. I love the RFC! We got the cups that light up!
Day 3
lunch at Typhoon Lagoon - ds had hotdog with grapes and carrots served in a cute green kids sand bucket. I had a really good chili dog and dh had a burger dinner ds was at the Neverland Club which he loved and begged to go back again and again. They said on the website it was a buffet but when we arrived it was the regular old stuff to order ahead of time chicken, mac'n'cheese or turkey sandwich served with you guessed it carrots, grapes, apple sauce or fries on request. Pudding for dessert. We had dinner at The California Grill that was probablly the best meal of my entire life. We both had the hearts of romaine salad. I had the pork served with mushrooms and a cabronet sauce (oh my very good) and dh had the steak that came with green beans and mash potatoes. dh skipped dessert and I opted for a chocolate cake and raspberry ice cream. oh that was good! I also ordered a hot tea and they actually have a hot tea menu. Interesting. The view was amazing!

Day 4
repeat pool day lounge breakfast and pool side lunch. Dinner CRT! I love this place. We had a window seat looking at the Dumbo ride! my ds got a sword and being 5 it's probably the last time i'll get him to take a picture with Cinderella. Very cute. ds ordered the steak. I ordered the cheese tortallini, rasperberry dressing with salad and raspeberry sorbet for dessert. dh ordered steak and soup. All was good!

Day 5
pool day - quick service salads
ate in the lounge for dinner - ribs, rice, cheese & crackers, fruit, etc.

Day 6
breakfast in the lounge, The Garden Grill with Chip, Dale, Mickey & Pluto I love this place. I know there are so many places to eat in epcot but this place is so cute with the revolving booths through the land ride and it seems like it's so private and you get such good one on one time with the characters. Lunch was yummy with cat fish, steak, chicken and sausage, cheese potatoes, fries, chicken fingers, beans and bread. Dessert was a berry puff pastery with ice cream. yummy!
Dinner Ohana - skewers of turkey, steak, chicken and a hawaiian sausage - yummy. cheese potatoes, hawaiian salad, pineapple bread and banana fosters bread pudding with ice cream for dessert! Lapu Lapu oh my!
Day 7
breakfast in the lounge
lunch I think it was call restrurantasaurous. My son got a happy meal with a dinosaur toy in it. I had a hot dog and my dh had a burger. All came with McDonald's fries. We also ordered a fuit cup.
Dinner Boma - Yuk - didn't like it at all. I'm a pretty picky eater though so don't go by my reviews. I pretty much ate off the kids station. I tried to taste the different items but ugh. They didn't agree with me. My dh didn't think it was all that great either and he is pretty adventurous.
Yesterday we did O'hana for breakfast. Mickey, Pluto, Stitch and Lilo. Yummy do this every trip - bacon, eggs, mickey waffles, potatos, hawaiian breads and hawaiin juice.

That was it! I've got one mickey rice crispy treat left in my pantry! They are too expensive $2.75 each but tasty!

llgray16
08-16-2007, 02:58 PM
Glad to hear that you had a great trip. I :love: the Poly and miss it so much! I'll have to try one of those PinacoLavas when we eat at 'Ohana in Sept!

I adore TGM for his best days calendar. It is the only reason I subscrie to his service and I wouldn't do WDW without it!

The Cheshire Cat
08-16-2007, 03:05 PM
Hmmm....that's interesting. I was under the impression that legally a hotel cannot remove you as a guest unless you are not paying. I have been told many times that you can force an extended stay on a hotel. :confused:

Yep they forced them out with Security. We saw the two security guard go in but didn't stay to see them come out. It was hours after check out. 3pm - I think check out is supposed to be 11 a.m. the lady trying to check us in was visibly upset dealing with them. Maybe in slower times it's not such an issue because they have the rooms to place the guests checking in but when we checked in they had no other avaliable rooms for the night.

The Cheshire Cat
08-16-2007, 03:12 PM
Glad to hear that you had a great trip. I :love: the Poly and miss it so much! I'll have to try one of those PinacoLavas when we eat at 'Ohana in Sept!

I adore TGM for his best days calendar. It is the only reason I subscrie to his service and I wouldn't do WDW without it!

I love the poly too! It's my favorite place to stay! Yes try the pinacolava! It's yummy and really cools you down! I told my husband it was like drinking a dessert! Not too sweet just perfect!

I'll never go without TGM's advice either. We followed his best days to the t and it worked out well!

He did say NOT to go to the pirate and princess party that it would be too crowded. I mean he really said to forget it and trust him but I wanted to do it and it was great - I decided we would go and just do the treasure hunt stuff and entertainment instead of rides. first time I didn't listen to him and we had NO crowds what so ever. We went on everything one after another. I wish we could go back and do that night every night!

linanglab
08-16-2007, 03:21 PM
Glad you had fun. I get the WDW blues for a couple weeks after we return. Hope it bypasses you! I would LOVE to stay at the Poly. Maybe someday. I just hate to pay for a hotel room when there is SOOOOO much to do. But if I earn lots of DD from SR, then you never know! We also go back in 2 years. Seems like an eternity, but I can earn lots of $$ that way!

Welcome home!

Angela

bs4free
08-16-2007, 03:31 PM
I love the poly too! It's my favorite place to stay! Yes try the pinacolava! It's yummy and really cools you down! I told my husband it was like drinking a dessert! Not too sweet just perfect!

I'll never go without TGM's advice either. We followed his best days to the t and it worked out well!

He did say NOT to go to the pirate and princess party that it would be too crowded. I mean he really said to forget it and trust him but I wanted to do it and it was great - I decided we would go and just do the treasure hunt stuff and entertainment instead of rides. first time I didn't listen to him and we had NO crowds what so ever. We went on everything one after another. I wish we could go back and do that night every night!

Wow Thanks for that great food review! Looking forward to some photos!

That think with no rooms whould have made me very upset! glad you did get a room!

TGM yep always great! i sometimes have had to go yellow but it has alwasys worked, out, and the thing with the pariteis you really never know. it was the first PP&P of the summer right?

Glad you had a great night and a wonderfull trip!