PDA

View Full Version : 90 days!

ligrumpygirl
12-30-2008, 08:52 PM
Did anybody else read this today?? Now you can only make dining reservations 90 days out! UGH that is going to make life so hard! I was set to call next week for July 4th and I have to wait 3 more months! :eek::computer:

3dog2kidmom
12-30-2008, 08:57 PM
3 more months to rethink and change our minds... Oh no - what will we do! LOL :)

LauraLea
12-30-2008, 09:07 PM
personally, i prefer only 90 days out. making dining reservations 6 months in advance is ridiculous.

laura

ligrumpygirl
12-30-2008, 09:07 PM
I am guessing that one reason they are changing this is because people make plans and cancel so often. Maybe?

3dog2kidmom
12-30-2008, 09:39 PM
personally, i prefer only 90 days out. making dining reservations 6 months in advance is ridiculous.

laura

LOL... I know what I want to do next October already :rotfl:

ligrumpygirl
12-30-2008, 09:48 PM
LOL... I know what I want to do next October already :rotfl:

Do I hear O'hana calling our names???

3dog2kidmom
12-30-2008, 09:51 PM
Do I hear O'hana calling our names???

You betcha!! :party:

I can taste that Lapu Lapu and Bananas Foster Bread Pudding as I type

ligrumpygirl
12-30-2008, 09:56 PM
You betcha!! :party:

I can taste that Lapu Lapu and Bananas Foster Bread Pudding as I type

Lapu Lapu! NICE!!!

Magical JenK
12-30-2008, 11:02 PM
I am guessing that one reason they are changing this is because people make plans and cancel so often. Maybe?

Could be or could be that people are complaining that they can't get in anywhere? I've also heard that w/the new ADR system, they were planning on having guests make ADRs online...that would be awesome! So maybe a little bith of both??

Personally, I don't mind calling/planning at 180 days, but I guess if everyone is calling at 90 days & can't make ADRs before then, then I'm ok w/that.

BTW...I believe CRT, V&A, & dinner shows are still at 180 days. It will, however, be sad that my countdown can't start at 180 days anymore...:cry:

~Kathie
12-30-2008, 11:22 PM
DVC wouldn't let me make any ADR's when I booked my April trip. They told me no one could book. The CM said they are revamping the ADR system and people will be able to book online soon. At the time he told me to keep checking back as he didn't know when anyone would be allowed to book.

Thanks for the info Janet!! :thanks:

mjharris3boys
01-02-2009, 10:42 PM
180 days is way too much time. Even at 180 days we couldn't get Chef Mickey's when were were there, so not sure how 90 days is going to be any different. Although, I get mad at my friends when they say they have 3 dinners planned at different resturants and will cancel once they get there. I give them an ear full because that is probably why we can't get at Chef Mickey's. Now, if they could come up with a way not to double/triple book same time/date different resturants.

fourfoxesinpa
01-02-2009, 10:50 PM
180 days is way too much time. Even at 180 days we couldn't get Chef Mickey's when were were there, so not sure how 90 days is going to be any different. Although, I get mad at my friends when they say they have 3 dinners planned at different resturants and will cancel once they get there. I give them an ear full because that is probably why we can't get at Chef Mickey's. Now, if they could come up with a way not to double/triple book same time/date different resturants.

Agreed! IMHO, I find it inconsiderate that people block out multiple reservations. Heck, you had 6 months - make up your mind already and give other people a chance to make a reservation. :rotfl: I'd love to see a cross check system. Maybe this is the first step in a good direction.

faithhope
01-02-2009, 11:57 PM
When we went this December we were disappointed that we couldn't book Crystal Palace for birthday lunch like we have for 6 years so far...
We couldn't book it for dinner or lunch for any of the days of our trip...

Luckily we walked right in without a reservation... we thought we would just check...just in case...usually with a reservation, we have to wait for 15 minutes... but this time without a reservation, we walked right in...

I would love a system so people can't double book...but I doubt it can be done...