PDA

View Full Version : Just closed on DVC!

bbangel
08-07-2007, 01:37 PM
Just got word that my DVC resale closed yesterday! I finally own a piece of the magic! I can't wait until I'm in the system and can book my first trip!

Debbie Jean
08-07-2007, 01:45 PM
Just got word that my DVC resale closed yesterday! I finally own a piece of the magic! I can't wait until I'm in the system and can book my first trip!

Congratulations and Welcome home :love:

Where did you buy? AKV or SSR?

bbangel
08-07-2007, 01:46 PM
Congratulations and Welcome home :love:

Where did you buy? AKV or SSR?

SSR. AKV wasn't available through resale.
I bought 100 points and hope to buy more when a resort in California is announced.

Debbie Jean
08-07-2007, 01:52 PM
SSR. AKV wasn't available through resale.
I bought 100 points and hope to buy more when a resort in California is announced.

We own at SSR and absolutely love it! :heart: In fact, we'll be there on Sunday... I'm more excited than DD (20) whose always accusing me of being a big overgrown kid! :rotfl: I tell her that at 55, it's what keeps me young. :D

disney_girl
08-07-2007, 01:52 PM
Welcome Home!! How exciting! We also own at SSR- can't wait for our trip in less than 2 months! :cooldance:

I would love to own at a California resort as well some day!

wdwabby
08-07-2007, 02:10 PM
congratulations! SSR looks beautiful :mickey:

:cooldance:

Mom2aPrincess
08-07-2007, 03:15 PM
Congratulations! I would love to own DVC one day....

PSL1013
08-07-2007, 03:20 PM
Welcome Home!! :welcome: We own at BCV and going home again 10/27-11/4, can hardly wait....you will love it! :love:

llgray16
08-07-2007, 03:29 PM
Congrats!

DH and I are still going thru the DVC debate.

ligrumpygirl
08-07-2007, 03:35 PM
Welcome Home! We own SSR - it was the best thing we have ever done!!!

zane_anthony
08-07-2007, 04:52 PM
Welcome Home :hugs: I am going home (SSR) for the first time 9/28. :cooldance:

wilsonfamily4
08-07-2007, 05:13 PM
So jealous! We plan to buy in the spring but I am just so anxious. I like the incentives now and I am sure they won't be as good then. :( I love SSR. Congratulations. What an amazing feeling you must have.

Hedy
08-07-2007, 05:22 PM
Squee! Congrats! YoungestDB and DSIL are going home to AKV for the first time in October. I have made it quite clear I expect a full report. :)

bs4free
08-07-2007, 05:57 PM
Congrats, on your new DVC membership.

Mabey someday i will be a DVC member, Oh Dream team....

bbangel
08-07-2007, 06:00 PM
Thanks for all the welcome homes!

I did a happy little jig around my office but none of my co workers understood like I knew you all would.

For those sitting on the fence - try for a smaller contract through resale.

I decided I could afford it because I don't own a car. In the long run it will be less expensive than a vehicle (if I don't count what I will spend on airfare! :rotfl: )

coastalgirl
08-07-2007, 06:56 PM
Congratulations!! We are having the debate here also!!

Lydia

Soccer Princess
08-07-2007, 07:55 PM
Congrats!!! Now, if only we could use gift cards to pay for DVC I would be really excited lol :) Welcome Home!

mom2dea
08-08-2007, 01:53 PM
Welcome home :) We own at SSR as well and just love it . It will be 2 yrs though befor we actrully get back there . But none the less we love it !!!

linanglab
08-08-2007, 02:00 PM
How wonderful for you! We will probably never buy into it...:( However, I would love too. Maybe I will win the DVC membership through the Year of a Million Dreams Sweepstakes! Now THAT would be cool.

Again, congrats! I know I would be dancing around too!

Angela

bs4free
08-08-2007, 02:02 PM
Maybe I will win the DVC membership through the Year of a Million Dreams Sweepstakes! Now THAT would be cool.

Angela

I Think thats the one YOMD prize everyone wants to WIN! I know I do!

Its a 200 point membership and they pay the maintance fees, and give you like 30k to pay taxs and costs with. That is just Great!

m4travels
08-08-2007, 02:02 PM
Welcome Home!!!!

Also an SSR owner, bought it sight unseen from DL. Fell in love with the program so much that we've added on at OKW, BWV, and VWL.

Those of you waiting for a DVC in CA, the scuttlebutt is that the permits have been pulled and that demo would begin sometime this month. I know, it's all a rumor until Disney announces it, but we are REALLY looking forward to a DVC out here.

linanglab
08-08-2007, 02:10 PM
I Think thats the one YOMD prize everyone wants to WIN! I know I do!

Its a 200 point membership and they pay the maintance fees, and give you like 30k to pay taxs and costs with. That is just Great!

I know, that is why I - and a million other people - want to win it. No taxes, maintenence fees, etc. Ahhhh.....how glorious that would be....okay, back to realty!

Angela

bs4free
08-08-2007, 02:14 PM
I know, that is why I - and a million other people - want to win it. No taxes, maintenence fees, etc. Ahhhh.....how glorious that would be....okay, back to realty!

Angela

But do whe have to go back to realty! I just want to live at disney!

Hedy
08-08-2007, 03:45 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl:
Thanks for all the welcome homes!

I did a happy little jig around my office but none of my co workers understood like I knew you all would.

For those sitting on the fence - try for a smaller contract through resale.

I decided I could afford it because I don't own a car. In the long run it will be less expensive than a vehicle (if I don't count what I will spend on airfare! :rotfl: )

You know you're a Disney addict when it occurs to you that the price of your new car could have gotten you a DVC membership.

bbangel
08-08-2007, 05:27 PM
I was hoping to win to. When I didn't I decided it was good enough for me to buy in.

linanglab
08-09-2007, 11:30 AM
Hey bbangel!!!! When is your first trip?

Angela

bbangel
08-09-2007, 11:52 AM
I'm going in October. I have a great room rate at Pop just in case I can't get into any DVC. I can't book until I'm in the system (sometime next week). I'm hoping to get at least a couple of nights in a studio the beginning of my trip. Only 58 days away!

bs4free
08-09-2007, 11:56 AM
I'm going in October. I have a great room rate at Pop just in case I can't get into any DVC. I can't book until I'm in the system (sometime next week). I'm hoping to get at least a couple of nights in a studio the beginning of my trip. Only 58 days away!

Have a Great Trip, and enjoy MNSSHP, I am going to my first one on 9/14, I hope you get as many nights as you want during your trip in your new DVC!! But i have heard very good things about POP! Almost stayed their this year, but opted for Movies AGAIN, seems like we live at the movies, because i heard that the rooms were a hike at POP to get anywhere!

jl8595
08-09-2007, 12:34 PM
Have a Great Trip, and enjoy MNSSHP, I am going to my first one on 9/14, I hope you get as many nights as you want during your trip in your new DVC!! But i have heard very good things about POP! Almost stayed their this year, but opted for Movies AGAIN, seems like we live at the movies, because i heard that the rooms were a hike at POP to get anywhere!

Hey BRYAN...you'll be there when we are! YAY! We're still on the fence about doing the MNSSHP on the 14th - it's the night before we leave and we're trying to keep it as a budget trip because it's our second vacation this year. I'm afraid I'll be disappointed if I don't go to it. Just can't make up my mind!!! I hope you have fun and have a great trip - we'll be at POP. 30 more days!!! :cooldance:

bs4free
08-09-2007, 12:51 PM
Hey Michael...you'll be there when we are! YAY! We're still on the fence about doing the MNSSHP on the 14th - it's the night before we leave and we're trying to keep it as a budget trip because it's our second vacation this year. I'm afraid I'll be disappointed if I don't go to it. Just can't make up my mind!!! I hope you have fun and have a great trip - we'll be at POP. 30 more days!!! :cooldance:

Um I am Bryan? were you talking about me BS4FREE or someone else?

jl8595
08-09-2007, 01:11 PM
Um I am Bryan? were you talking about me BS4FREE or someone else?

YOU!! Sorry...I realized it as soon as I clicked back on the thread! My bad! I will fix now....hold please....

jl8595
08-09-2007, 01:12 PM
Ahh...that's better...sorry Bryan!!

bs4free
08-09-2007, 01:17 PM
Hey BRYAN...you'll be there when we are! YAY! We're still on the fence about doing the MNSSHP on the 14th - it's the night before we leave and we're trying to keep it as a budget trip because it's our second vacation this year. I'm afraid I'll be disappointed if I don't go to it. Just can't make up my mind!!! I hope you have fun and have a great trip - we'll be at POP. 30 more days!!! :cooldance:

Thank you,

I have never done MNSSHP either but this is our one EXTRA during the trip last years EXTRA was the Water Parks and More options!

We are leaving on the 15 got a 4pm flight so that means we are on ME by about 1PM So its our last night why not go and do MNSSHP and that gives us an 11th day at a park, with a 14N 15 day trip and only 10day tickets we had to try and get the most! so MNSSHP gave us an 11th day since we can hopefuly get in at 4pm on party day since we have an 4:15 LTT revessie.

If you can fit in and do MNSSHP I would especaily if you have never done it, It looks so cool, Just hopeing its better then NOJ we did on friday night in 2005 Ouch packED!

bs4free
08-09-2007, 01:18 PM
YOU!! Sorry...I realized it as soon as I clicked back on the thread! My bad! I will fix now....hold please....

Ahh...that's better...sorry Bryan!!

You do know with so few guys in SR and on the SR fourms its easy to get us all mixed up.

The bad part is you know my name and i still dont know yours! But then again most everyone knows me now!

I am the Cool New guy, or so i have been told :rotfl:

bbangel
08-09-2007, 01:19 PM
I'm doing MNSSHP for the first time thanks to SR! :sunshine:

I'm meeting a bunch of people (from the DIS) for dinner at the LTT before hand. Also a new experience for me and also courtesy of SR! :sunshine:

jl8595
08-09-2007, 01:25 PM
You do know with so few guys in SR and on the SR fourms its easy to get us all mixed up.

The bad part is you know my name and i still dont know yours! But then again most everyone knows me now!

I am the Cool New guy, or so i have been told :rotfl:

My name's not hard to find...;)

I've been known to "hide" it in my siggie!

And yes...you're SUPER cool!! I had fun chatting in last night's party - you made me giggle with your prize posting updates!

Lori :D

bs4free
08-09-2007, 01:32 PM
My name's not hard to find...;)

I've been known to "hide" it in my siggie!

And yes...you're SUPER cool!! I had fun chatting in last night's party - you made me giggle with your prize posting updates!

Lori :D

Yeah those Sigys can be a hard place to find important information :rotfl:

Well Hello Lori, Just need to remember you name and every one else, I still dont know how to spell SGirls lol i know it Trica? or something like that.

I had fun last night too. Glad i could make you giggle!

I was a little sad not to have won, but i know all those who won are happy and that makes me happy and i still got alot of great offers and credits fast so its not all bad and hey i almost never win a contest anyway. I just cant wait for the next one!

bs4free
08-09-2007, 01:36 PM
I'm doing MNSSHP for the first time thanks to SR! :sunshine:

I'm meeting a bunch of people (from the DIS) for dinner at the LTT before hand. Also a new experience for me and also courtesy of SR! :sunshine:

Now that is a great use of SR credits.

I am using mine for Stuff! lol did not earn enough to pay for anything BIG! but i have only been a member for about 11days so! I am happy with what i have gotten, The next task is to save up enought for another trip or to atlest help keep cost down for 2008, 2009, 2010, or when ever we get to go back again!

I am so excited to do my first MNSSHP too, and ofcouse i did it in style with a LTT dinner! early!

m4travels
08-09-2007, 01:38 PM
Just wanted to chime in and say hello, Bryan! Glad to see another male poster!

PSL1013
08-09-2007, 01:47 PM
Thank you,

I have never done MNSSHP either but this is our one EXTRA during the trip last years EXTRA was the Water Parks and More options!

We are leaving on the 15 got a 4pm flight so that means we are on ME by about 1PM So its our last night why not go and do MNSSHP and that gives us an 11th day at a park, with a 14N 15 day trip and only 10day tickets we had to try and get the most! so MNSSHP gave us an 11th day since we can hopefuly get in at 4pm on party day since we have an 4:15 LTT revessie.

If you can fit in and do MNSSHP I would especaily if you have never done it, It looks so cool, Just hopeing its better then NOJ we did on friday night in 2005 Ouch packED!

Hi Bryan...I like your name and the way you spell it because that is what I named my son...25 years ago! :love: He had lots of trouble (still does occasionally) with people wanting to spell it with an "i" instead of a "y". I guess I had to make life a little difficult for him! :angel:

bs4free
08-09-2007, 01:57 PM
Hi Bryan...I like your name and the way you spell it because that is what I named my son...25 years ago! :love: He had lots of trouble (still does occasionally) with people wanting to spell it with an "i" instead of a "y". I guess I had to make life a little difficult for him! :angel:

Hey I am 24 well 25 in a few Days!

Don't Get me on the I and Y misuse in my name! :computer: Everyone i mean Everyone even people who know me for years still mess it up on cards, letters, prints, Eveyone puts an I and dont think twice! I am glad an I can be fixed in to a Y with out much trouble, But Enough of my I Y Rant!

BTW your Son must be a Smart guy with a Name like Bryan!

bbangel
08-09-2007, 02:03 PM
People add extra letters to my name all the time. Even after knowing me for years. Drives me nuts!

People also have trouble pronouncing it. Grrrrrr.

bs4free
08-09-2007, 02:11 PM
People add extra letters to my name all the time. Even after knowing me for years. Drives me nuts!

People also have trouble pronouncing it. Grrrrrr.

Glad to know i am not the only one or only name that people mess up and Drives me NUTS! "Watch Jerico on CBS" umm how did that slip in there NUTS!
Well i hope your DH gets your name right at lest!

PSL1013
08-09-2007, 02:20 PM
Hey I am 24 well 25 in a few Days!

Don't Get me on the I and Y misuse in my name! :computer: Everyone i mean Everyone even people who know me for years still mess it up on cards, letters, prints, Eveyone puts an I and dont think twice! I am glad an I can be fixed in to a Y with out much trouble, But Enough of my I Y Rant!

BTW your Son must be a Smart guy with a Name like Bryan!

Yeah, his whole life when asked his name...It's Bryan with a "Y" :rotfl: My sister sent a card to him when he was born, addressed to Mr. Bryan with a "Y" (insert last name). I threated bodily harm to any family member who spelled it wrong! :angel: (Yes, he is very smart...graduated college with a computer degree!) :love:

bs4free
08-09-2007, 02:24 PM
Yeah, his whole life when asked his name...It's Bryan with a "Y" :rotfl: My sister sent a card to him when he was born, addressed to Mr. Bryan with a "Y" (insert last name). I threated bodily harm to any family member who spelled it wrong! :angel: (Yes, he is very smart...graduated college with a computer degree!) :love:

I have used that phrase many times It's Bryan with a "Y" and NO!!! It's Bryan with a "Y"! threanting bodily harm mabey i should have tried that when i was younger and in school to my teachers who could not get it right, but i just gave up and started writing my name as "BS" on all my papers then they knew it was Bryan with a "Y",

So your Bryan Likes computers ... I realy enjoy them too, but opted for an economics degree!

Magical JenK
08-09-2007, 05:18 PM
We'll be at MNSSHP on 9/14 & leaving 9/15 as well! We've never done MNSSHP! But shhh...DH doesn't know about the party yet!! :0)

bs4free
08-09-2007, 05:40 PM
We'll be at MNSSHP on 9/14 & leaving 9/15 as well! We've never done MNSSHP! But shhh...DH doesn't know about the party yet!! :0)

Ok we will keep that part quite! Have fun at MNSSHP! Hey Mabey we will meet up or see each other! Where you eating dinner that night?

bbangel
08-09-2007, 06:08 PM
Well i hope your DH gets your name right at lest!

I don't have a DH (thank goodness!)

bs4free
08-09-2007, 07:05 PM
I don't have a DH (thank goodness!)

Opps! Thought It would be a good guess, since most of the SR fourms are female and alot do have DH's Sorry! :sunshine:

Don't Hit me too hard! :angel:

Magical JenK
08-09-2007, 10:58 PM
Ok we will keep that part quite! Have fun at MNSSHP! Hey Mabey we will meet up or see each other! Where you eating dinner that night?

Tony's @430...I think I saw that you will be at LTT? We'll be there the night of the 5th! 26 days!! I can't wait!! where are you staying? We're at Coronado Springs.