PDA

View Full Version : Favorite POP building (non preferred?)

fourfoxesinpa
01-03-2009, 03:41 PM
Have a favorite? Care to share why you think it's the best? I'd love to hear your pointers so I can request a location.

bbangel
01-03-2009, 04:31 PM
I liked the 50's buildings. A bit closer to the main building than the 80's and 90's. Of course even the farthest building at POP is closer than my walk to the bus here every morning so I didn't mind being in the 90's, which were a bit quieter.

3dog2kidmom
01-03-2009, 04:40 PM
I've stayed there twice and can't for the life of me remember the building #'s. I think the one we stayed at last time had the juke box on it. Anyway, I never made a request and just stayed where they put me... the resort is not that big and nothing is too far away. Definately not worth paying for a preferred location in any case.

fourfoxesinpa
01-03-2009, 05:52 PM
I've been reading that 50s and 70s are pretty good - and I'm glad I didn't opt to pay for a preferred room from everything I'm reading. At least I'm narrowing it down. :D

Anybody stay in 70s with a lake view? How long to walk to bus and food court, I'm wondering...

iluvamystery89
01-03-2009, 06:11 PM
my favorite location so far has been 70's building, rooms 6101-6472. it's somewhat of a hike to the parking lot, but it's nice & quiet. in 2007 we got a room in 50's building, 3101-3472, which was a NIGHTMARE. our room faced the pool and we never got a moment of peace. oh, and it was STILL a hike to the parking lot.

jl8595
01-03-2009, 08:47 PM
I've been reading that 50s and 70s are pretty good - and I'm glad I didn't opt to pay for a preferred room from everything I'm reading. At least I'm narrowing it down. :D

Anybody stay in 70s with a lake view? How long to walk to bus and food court, I'm wondering...

Yes, the 50's and 70's are the best in terms of proximity to the buses and food court/main hall. I've stayed in the 70's (lake view once - although it wasn't really a lake view because the 60's building is in the way, LOL) two times and was very very pleased. I prefer the 70's because you walk past Goofy's Pop Jets on the way to your room...fun to run through it after a hot day in the parks. :D Also, the 70's building is an easy walk to the main pool (Hippy Dippy) and the computer pool (near 80's/90's)...although 50's is in an equally good spot between the Hippy Dippy and the bowling pin pools. Hope that helps.

JillyFish
01-03-2009, 10:46 PM
We stayed in the 50's as well...building 3, I think. It was the furthest 50's building out and we were on the parking lot side (vs. the pool side). It was not a bad walk and it was very quiet.

sweetiee
01-04-2009, 01:26 AM
We have not stayed at Pop before but are staying at the end of this month. DH asked for a preferred room. Not sure what to expect.
Does anyone know what the bus schedule is like for Pop? I think I heard they have their own bus for that resort only.

deana
01-04-2009, 02:42 AM
We were just there in December and got stuck in the 90s building because we checked in VERY LATE (after midnight). I had requested a quiet room, lakeside but got what was left at the end of the day. It was a hike to the food court and bus stop... but not ridiculous. This was my second trip to Disney and the second time I had a specific room area request...and both times we got Opposite of what I requested. We were luckier the first time because we arrived earlier in the day and we just requested a different room (this was at the Poly). So sadly, I think that room requests are really not any kind of guarantee...hopefully you will arrive early enough that if you do not get what you want, they will be able to change it.
That being said, it really was fine... It is not the biggest resort, so walking was not too bad. We had great luck with the buses...really never had to wait more than 5 minutes for one to arrive. We were also surprised at how short the bus rides were to AK, Epcot and HS..about 5 to 10 minutes. MK was the furthest, still only a bit more than 15 minutes. Have fun!

schaery
01-04-2009, 07:50 PM
We stayed in the 60's in Dec. If you want to be close to Classic Hall or the Hippy Dippy Pool, it's a good building. If you want close to a parking lot, forget it. It's quite a walk lugging suitcases to the 60's building. I think if I had a choice, I'd choose the 70's Bldg in the 9000 numbered rooms, as it's fairly close to parking and not too far to walk to Classic Hall or busses.

m 'n c
01-04-2009, 09:59 PM
When we stayed there a few years ago we stayed in the 70s building right across from the big wheel (or the mickey phone can't remember). It wasn't too far of a walk. I'm not sure if they have made that building preferred since then. I think I heard at least parts of it are preferred. We just requested that area when we checked in and saw the big wheel and it wasn't a problem. We got there really early in the day though.

fourfoxesinpa
01-04-2009, 10:19 PM
Well, I'll keep my fingers crossed for the 70s building. I did find a great aerial map that shows the room numbers and which rooms are standard/preferred. I'm a product of the 70s so it will be fun if they're able to fill my request. :D Looks like fun.