PDA

View Full Version : Just Booked Surprise Christmas Trip

nurseminnie76
08-08-2007, 09:56 AM
:cooldance: Just booked a surprise Christmas trip for our girls. We will be at Port Orleans - Riverside from Dec 15-22. I got a pin code email last week and I have waited for one of these pin codes for sooooo long that I had to use it. :rotfl: Got DH to agree to a Christmas trip. We are going to keep it a surprise from our kids until we leave (they think we are going in the spring). I also got tickets for MVMCP. This is the first time the kids have been for the Holidays (DH and I went for Thanksgiving last year).

I'm so excited -- I can't wait. Now I have to hurry and get my ADR's booked since I'm already past my 180 day window. LOL

lilianddomsmom
08-08-2007, 10:04 AM
congratulations!! they are going to love it!!

linanglab
08-08-2007, 10:06 AM
Ahhh....nothing feels better than planning a WDW trip! Well...except for actually being there...

Congratulations! I keep hoping someday my DH will give me a surprise trip....

Angela

bs4free
08-08-2007, 10:14 AM
Well congrats, and Have a VEry Merry Mickey Christmas at Disney World This Year!

DisneyMa
08-08-2007, 10:22 AM
I've never been to DW, but I understand the excitement!! I love planning a Disneyland vacation:love:

Have a great trip:mickey:

Hedy
08-08-2007, 10:30 AM
Awesome! As I said on the photopass thread, POR is a great resort.

Mom2aPrincess
08-08-2007, 08:06 PM
OH Wow!! I didn't realize that it was a surprise trip. So is mine!!!

I think you'll like POR. That's where we stayed last summer and I really enjoyed it. This year we're at Pop because I got Cameron out and we "dreamed" about where we wanted to stay and that's where she picked.

m 'n c
08-08-2007, 08:42 PM
Oh that is so exciting. I would love to plan a surprise trip but bf and I are too much into planning things so it wouldn't work for us. Post where your adr's are when you make them.

Mom2aPrincess
08-08-2007, 09:29 PM
Ours are made:
12/19 - Hollywood and vine Fantasmic
12/20 - LTT and MVMCP
12/21 - Ohana's Breakfast
12/22 - Le Cellier CP Package
12/23 - Rainforest Cafe at AK
12/24 - Coral Reef
12/25 - BBB and then 1900 Park Fare (have appts for all 3 of us at BBB)
12/26 - Princess Storybook Dinner at Epcot
12/27 - Mama Melrose Fantasmic
12/28 - CRT Breakfast
12/29 - Planet Hollywood
12/30 - Chef Mickey Breakfast

What do you think? Sound good for my girls? a 7 year old and a 16 year old who hasn't been before?

Magical JenK
08-08-2007, 11:31 PM
Awesome! Have fun w/the suprise!! Have you thought of how you'll reveal the surprise?! Our surprise trip is in 27 days!! Woo hoo!! I've already told DH about it, but it was a surprise to hime when he found out! Fun, fun, fun!!

coastalgirl
08-08-2007, 11:53 PM
Congratulations! Christmas at Disney sounds just wonderful! We have never been at that time of the year.

mom2aprincess- I just can not wait for my Katie to get a little older and some more hair so I can take her to BBB. And do a princess meal. When she was a baby and we were at Disney, I stood there watching all those little girls get all made up and I had tears in my eyes. It was just so precious! After 2 boys, you realize ya missed the girly stuff! :love: You have to post a picture of your girls after they get all made up!!

Lydia

Mom2aPrincess
08-09-2007, 12:10 AM
Awesome! Have fun w/the suprise!! Have you thought of how you'll reveal the surprise?! Our surprise trip is in 27 days!! Woo hoo!! I've already told DH about it, but it was a surprise to hime when he found out! Fun, fun, fun!!

I've had several ideas, but my favorite right now is to have an obvious present out when we get in from school on the 18th to all of us from Santa. In it would be our instructions that our suitcases are on the beds, we need to load them up and go to "Ms. Misty's" (my best friend)...I'll call her make sure it's ok that we come (of course pre arranged) and she'll tell me that there was a letter for us on her bar when she got home...when we get there it will be instructions to get up at a specified time in the morning for a big day of fun...then we'll wake up and find instructions to go to the airport and take flight 123....etc, etc...like a scavenger hunt from Santa..and I intend to continue it throughout the trip...like a letter from the fairy godmother on christmas morning telling us to go to the bbb at x:xx :) what do you think? This is for my 7 year old. Becka turns 16 in October and I am thinking of buying her the Disney luggage off of disneyshopping and then using that for her reveal...I couldn't pack for her and want her to have some of the fun of the planning and anticipation as it will be her first trip. Cameron doesn't need that planning as she plans daily for our "next trip to Disney when we save enough money." Our first trip last summer hooked her completely. :mickey:

Congratulations! Christmas at Disney sounds just wonderful! We have never been at that time of the year.

mom2aprincess- I just can not wait for my Katie to get a little older and some more hair so I can take her to BBB. And do a princess meal. When she was a baby and we were at Disney, I stood there watching all those little girls get all made up and I had tears in my eyes. It was just so precious! After 2 boys, you realize ya missed the girly stuff! :love: You have to post a picture of your girls after they get all made up!!

Lydia

I'll be sure to post pictures. I plan to buy the photopass in addition to taking tons of pictures myself of our trip so I'll have plenty to share with everyone! I'm so excited. I never dreamed last summer when I was planning our first trip that even a second trip could be so much fun to plan. :rotfl:

linanglab
08-09-2007, 11:26 AM
You are going to have SO much fun! I would love to go during Christmas time. I LOVE Christmas (start listening to Christmas music sometimes in September, (I know, I drive my DH nuts). To go to WDW at Christmas time - now THAT would be awesome!

Have not been to 1/2 of your restaurant choices. But it sure is nice to try different places. The new ones we tried this year were Rainforest Cafe (my favorite, not necessarily for the food, but atmosphere), Sci Fi, and Liberty Tree. We do like Cinderella's Castle.

Enjoy planning and later packing (I love that part!) Are you one of those who like to change your ADR's around? If so, keep us up to date!

Angela

nurseminnie76
08-09-2007, 12:15 PM
This is what I have so far. I'm going to keep trying to change everyday until I can get everything that I want. I'm definately "one of those". :rotfl:

12/15 - our arrival day - probably CS at POR or DTD
12/16 - Crystal Palace breakfast before park opens
12/16 - Coral Reef - late dinner
12/17 - Hollywood & Vine - late breakfast w/ Playhouse Disney Characters
12/17 - Ohana's - dinner before late night at MK
12/18 - Crystal Palace - dinner before MVMCP (hoping to change to LTT)
12/19 - still open
12/20 - Coral Reef - again (hoping to change one of these to Le Cellier)
12/21 - Chef Mickey's breakfast

Like I said, these will probably change numerous times before we actually get there. If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free.

bs4free
08-09-2007, 12:22 PM
You will need to keep trying to get that Lecellier, They are very hard to get, I was happy to get one during our september trip, But now they family wants a second meal at lecellier, so back to calling to try and get it!

Mom2aPrincess
08-09-2007, 06:43 PM
You are going to have SO much fun! I would love to go during Christmas time. I LOVE Christmas (start listening to Christmas music sometimes in September, (I know, I drive my DH nuts). To go to WDW at Christmas time - now THAT would be awesome!

Have not been to 1/2 of your restaurant choices. But it sure is nice to try different places. The new ones we tried this year were Rainforest Cafe (my favorite, not necessarily for the food, but atmosphere), Sci Fi, and Liberty Tree. We do like Cinderella's Castle.

Enjoy planning and later packing (I love that part!) Are you one of those who like to change your ADR's around? If so, keep us up to date!

Angela

No....I won't chage our ADRs much...I had a great TA and she got EVERYTHING I wanted perfectly (even the times)...I base our parks on Tour Guide Mike so I leave it alone once it's planned. The packing now is a whole other store..I will pick out the stuff to pack over and over and overthink what we need...then decide it's too much and try to elminate....:rotfl:

bs4free
08-09-2007, 07:12 PM
No....I won't chage our ADRs much...I had a great TA and she got EVERYTHING I wanted perfectly (even the times)...I base our parks on Tour Guide Mike so I leave it alone once it's planned. The packing now is a whole other store..I will pick out the stuff to pack over and over and overthink what we need...then decide it's too much and try to elminate....:rotfl:

Tour Guide Mike is the best!

I love using him so much I dont even use a TA anymore, only did the first trip in july because we booked 27 days before our trip and she had one of the last few rooms at a value evething was booked for the 4th of july. TA would mess up dates places, for ADR, would take 3 or 4 days to hear back, I just decided to call disney and make them my self, Was not to hard, So I book, Plan, And do every thing now for our trip!

The packing is a challange! Well since we fly I know we are limited to only 2 50lb bags a person! and I try to bring that down to only 1 50lb bag per person allows us to ship extra bags and have room to bring back goodies and so we dont have to pack neat when comeing home to fit it all back in the bags! I do think we overpack some, but we have never need anything we didnot have and never had anything we did not use or could have used! so i think we have gotten good at it we wait untill the week we are going to pack! It only takes a few hours and we are done! and that for a family of 5 people!