PDA

View Full Version : Weight Watchers Momentum

SunshineGirl
01-05-2009, 03:36 PM
Is anyone else doing WW Momentum? I haven't noticed any real difference yet from the old points plan. Am I missing something?

m 'n c
01-05-2009, 06:42 PM
I am still on the flex point plan as I just converted to it from the Winning points plan last year. They change too quickly for me. I just stick with the plans I've done before that have worked for me. lol

What is the momentum plan? I thought I heard it was a hybrid points/core plan. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding it.

mseg16222
01-08-2009, 05:45 PM
I just signed back up after 6 months off and I have been trying to tell the difference from the flex point. I haven't notice to much but they there is free food which was like the core plan I am assuming. Guess I will see. I just need to find some new WW recipes.

SunshineGirl
01-08-2009, 06:06 PM
Here are our four WW meals this week:

1) Smart Ones with Salad and fruit
2) Tuna Cheesy Pasta with peas, fruit, and oyster crackers
3) Whole wheat spaghetti with marinara, multigrain bread, applesauce, salad, and green beans
4) Crockpot BBQ chicken with baked sweet potatoes, fruit, and salad

Friday night will be Subway.

It's really not too bad. Almost normal food. Just some substitutions and less snacking. Breakfast for me is always oatmeal. Lunch is some combination of sandwich, soup, and cheese & crackers. All with a little fruit and baby carrots.

What I am missing most that I MUST order are more Vitalicious muffins and brownies!!

mseg16222
01-08-2009, 06:18 PM
I did ww about 3 or 4 years ago and lost 70 lbs. It is one of the easier "diets" to follow but doesn't help when you have very snoopy people eating on the house.... I usually eat a different meal from everyone else. Which is a pain but my hubby will eat no veggies so therefore my kids don't. My oldest will eat salads and cucumbers and tomatoes but no cooked veggies. I have to plan all of my meals in advance and precook so I have things to eat.

What Vitalicious muffins and brownies and other items are the best ones. I have looked many times but always decide not to get them.

JohnZ47
01-24-2009, 02:42 PM
I started this January 1. So far I've lost 10 lbs.

I'm doing the online version rather than going to meetings. So far it's been pretty easy to follow.

Has anyone found the Weight Watchers brownies anywhere?

askomsky
01-24-2009, 03:55 PM
I started this January 1. So far I've lost 10 lbs.

I'm doing the online version rather than going to meetings. So far it's been pretty easy to follow.

Has anyone found the Weight Watchers brownies anywhere?

Congrats on your weight loss! :clap: No I buy the No pudge brownies and they taste just as good. I think if you make them using mini muffin pans their 1 pt a piece. Also found that hostess makes 100 calorie packs that are 1 pt.

JohnZ47
01-24-2009, 05:54 PM
Congrats on your weight loss! :clap: No I buy the No pudge brownies and they taste just as good. I think if you make them using mini muffin pans their 1 pt a piece. Also found that hostess makes 100 calorie packs that are 1 pt.

Thanks! I'll have to see if I can find them. Especially the Hostess 100 calorie packs. I do better when things are individually packaged.

m 'n c
01-25-2009, 10:53 AM
No on the WW brownies. I found the twinkies and they are just ok. Have you ordered from Vitalicious? They make a good brownie that is 1 point.

JohnZ47
01-25-2009, 02:29 PM
I've tried the Twinkies too. They are very dry. I think that spongecake actually tasted like a sponge. :)

Actually, the Vitalicious brownies are sold at Von's (Safeway) here. I've tried them and liked them. I was looking forward to trying the WW brownies as a less expensive option.

The WW Chocolate muffins are kind of dry too. However, I like to heat half of one up in the microwave and have a scoop of lowfat ice cream over it. :eat:

askomsky
01-25-2009, 03:40 PM
I've tried the Twinkies too. They are very dry. I think that spongecake actually tasted like a sponge. :)

Actually, the Vitalicious brownies are sold at Von's (Safeway) here. I've tried them and liked them. I was looking forward to trying the WW brownies as a less expensive option.

The WW Chocolate muffins are kind of dry too. However, I like to heat half of one up in the microwave and have a scoop of lowfat ice cream over it. :eat:

The Vitalicious choc muffins are really great so are the corn ones, they're sold at my grocery store here.
No pudge is rich and not dry (have a pic of a pig on the box) since you use LF yogurt to make them.
Hostess out here makes the coffee crumb cakes, choc cream and strawberry cream 100 calorie pack. Their my new indulgence.

m 'n c
01-26-2009, 02:09 PM
Hello people! Vitalicious are a SR merchant so get some SR $$ back and order online. LOL.

I love my chocolate vitalicious with fresh fruit. So yummy in the morning.

paper1225
01-27-2009, 12:01 PM
how easy is it to follow the WW plan and still only make one meal that the entire family will eat? I need to start something, but with 2 teenagers, a husband and a 7 year old-cannot be a short order cook, nor do I want to make 2 meals..........

m 'n c
01-27-2009, 12:17 PM
how easy is it to follow the WW plan and still only make one meal that the entire family will eat? I need to start something, but with 2 teenagers, a husband and a 7 year old-cannot be a short order cook, nor do I want to make 2 meals..........

Oh it is super easy. I haven't made anything yet that Mike didn't like or knew was diet food. It is basically just about portion control and swapping high fat ingredient for the low cal/low fat ingredients. There is a WW recipe thread/sticky with a bunch of recipes. You should definitely check it out.

SunshineGirl
01-27-2009, 01:15 PM
I have a family of four and RARELY make anything different for them than what I make for us. What I might do is make a side that the kids can eat (like mac and cheese) and make us a salad instead.

Here are some things that I will make for the whole family. I'll measure Weight Watcher sized portions for me and my husband.

Tuna Noodle Casserole (I don't put the crackers on the top of ours but do for the kids)
Barbecued Chicken in the crockpot, sweet potatoes, and fruit
Chicken Soft Tacos
Spaghetti made with wheat pasta, salad, whole grain bread
Low fat hot dogs and sauerkraut, baked potato chips
Chicken Taco salads
Grilled chicken breast, potato/veggie medley, fruit
Hungry Girl Chicken Pot Pie
Big pot of Veggie Soup

I will say that sometimes we get into a rut and eat the same 7 or 8 meals over and over for a month--just changing out the sides a little bit. But then I get adventurous and try out new recipes from the WW site, Hungry Girl, or our forum and everyone loves it. :)

mseg16222
01-27-2009, 01:37 PM
Well that depends on your family. My kids and husband do not eat cooked veggies. My kids will eat nothing BBQ. I usually make sure I can eat the meat we are having and will through a salad together and veggies. It takes a little modification of regular recipes but can be done. And nights that I can't I make sure I have chicken in the fridge already cooked or eat a WW meal with fruit.

SunshineGirl
01-27-2009, 01:48 PM
Well that depends on your family. My kids and husband do not eat cooked veggies. My kids will eat nothing BBQ. I usually make sure I can eat the meat we are having and will through a salad together and veggies. It takes a little modification of regular recipes but can be done. And nights that I can't I make sure I have chicken in the fridge already cooked or eat a WW meal with fruit.

Have you tried the bbq chicken crockpot recipe? I put the chicken breasts in with the can of diet coke in the morning and let them cook. Then about half an hour before we eat, I take out my kids' chicken and pour the bbq over the rest left in the pot. That way, we can have bbq but the kids don't have to. It's not perfect, but it works.

askomsky
01-27-2009, 01:50 PM
Like the others said it can be done.
I'm a family of 5 with a 9.5, 6 and 5 yr old who can be picky eaters. I just substitute a lot of higher fat foods with lower fat and will make the kids an extra side if necessary. Sometimes I'll make more of my stuff in advance like soup that i can have for a few days so all I do is heat it up and let the kids have one of their fav's like pasta which I tend to avoid a little more often. I eat it just not as often as they do.

mmm611
02-02-2009, 08:58 AM
Have you tried the bbq chicken crockpot recipe? I put the chicken breasts in with the can of diet coke in the morning and let them cook. Then about half an hour before we eat, I take out my kids' chicken and pour the bbq over the rest left in the pot. That way, we can have bbq but the kids don't have to. It's not perfect, but it works.

I'm curious about this recipe. Are those the only three ingredients in there -- chicken, a can of Diet Coke, and BBQ sauce? Busy season starts today at work and I'm thinking I need to start planning ahead and using my crock pot a bit more so I don't have to play "what's for dinner?" when I get home.

m 'n c
02-02-2009, 09:23 AM

You know before I started using my crockpot there were veggies like onions and peppers that I refused to eat - cooked or not. But with the slow cooker they cook down to mush in some cases and you can't even tell they are in the food. It might be worth a try.

SunshineGirl
02-02-2009, 09:29 AM
I'm curious about this recipe. Are those the only three ingredients in there -- chicken, a can of Diet Coke, and BBQ sauce? Busy season starts today at work and I'm thinking I need to start planning ahead and using my crock pot a bit more so I don't have to play "what's for dinner?" when I get home.

Yep. Pour the can of diet pop over the chicken breasts and let it sit on low about 8 hours or high for 4. I don't have an exact number. It depends on whether or not they are frozen or thawed. Then I dump off the diet in the last half hour and pour in the bbq. I used to use a whole bottle but then figured out that I could actually get a couple of meals out of each bottle.

mmm611
02-02-2009, 07:48 PM
Ok, so just to clarify here because I am a cooking dummy and still trying to teach myself, you dump the pop out just before putting the BBQ in? LOL, you don't want to know how often my mother gets crazy cooking questions from me! I think she did tell me that 2 hours on low = 1 hour on high, so it sounds like the time is the same either way. Thanks!

SunshineGirl
02-02-2009, 07:53 PM
Ok, so just to clarify here because I am a cooking dummy and still trying to teach myself, you dump the pop out just before putting the BBQ in? LOL, you don't want to know how often my mother gets crazy cooking questions from me! I think she did tell me that 2 hours on low = 1 hour on high, so it sounds like the time is the same either way. Thanks!

I do dump it out. That way, the BBQ goes directly on the chicken and has time to cook in all by itself.

BTW...for those of you who do not use crock pot liners...they are a very good investment for food that bakes on!!