PDA

View Full Version : Gift card list?

ligrumpygirl
08-08-2007, 10:26 AM
Is there a way to find out / make a list so we know what merchants will give us credit for gift cards? I usually give lots of them for Xmas and birthdays...would love to get credit for them! Plus I can stock up in case I forget somebody!

SunshineGirl
08-08-2007, 10:35 AM
Closer to Christmas, we'll get a list from the advertisers and can put it out there for everyone.

ligrumpygirl
08-08-2007, 11:29 AM
Great!!! That will be such a help!!

PSL1013
08-08-2007, 12:59 PM
Closer to Christmas, we'll get a list from the advertisers and can put it out there for everyone.

Great! I'll be waiting for this one....too bad Disney GC probably won't be one of them! :(

bs4free
08-08-2007, 01:04 PM
Great! I'll be waiting for this one....too bad Disney GC probably won't be one of them! :(

So DisneyShopping gives no credit when you buy disney gift cards, I thought that note applied to payment with gift cards?

ligrumpygirl
08-08-2007, 03:20 PM
No unfortunately! We were able to last year but I guess too many of us bought GCs!

bs4free
08-08-2007, 03:26 PM
No unfortunately! We were able to last year but I guess too many of us bought GCs!

Mabey they will reverse that decesion and let us do it again I hope!!!!:sunshine: 4% back on a Disney Vacation is a lot of SR Credits!

SunshineGirl
08-08-2007, 03:27 PM
Mabey they will reverse that decesion and let us do it again I hope!!!!:sunshine: 4% back on a Disney Vacation is a lot of SR Credits!

For a little while, we were even doing as much as 8%. That was before they gave us the shaft and lowered our rates.

bs4free
08-08-2007, 03:40 PM
For a little while, we were even doing as much as 8%. That was before they gave us the shaft and lowered our rates.

If I got 8% back on my last disney vacation purchase by getting gift cards from disneyshopping with my disney visa for and extra 1% back. I Would have saved a Bunddle! I mean Hundreds of $$$$$. I was upset when I joined after ordering $150 in Crocs from fogdog the week before i joined and could have gotten 2% back in sr credits. Now i need to go find a corner and smash something!

ligrumpygirl
08-08-2007, 04:47 PM
At one point, I got 10% back on a $500 gift card. It was nice!! I basically saved $50 on my APs because that is where the GC went.

MdCaterer
08-11-2007, 01:57 PM
Is there a way to find out / make a list so we know what merchants will give us credit for gift cards? I usually give lots of them for Xmas and birthdays...would love to get credit for them! Plus I can stock up in case I forget somebody!

This would be a GREAT list to have not only for Christmas but anytime as there are always birthdays and anniversaries happening!!!

arob414
08-11-2007, 02:35 PM
This would be a GREAT list to have not only for Christmas but anytime as there are always birthdays and anniversaries happening!!!

Exactly, gift cards are a favorite of mine to give. So easy and everyone loves them. Especially my neices and nephews.

CindyS
08-11-2007, 07:21 PM
What a great idea!! I do a lot of gift cards for Christmas, too, especially for teachers and my teenagers! :rotfl:

Hedy
08-11-2007, 08:06 PM
Related q-would it royally perturb the advertisers if we kept a log of stores that let you use codes and get credit?

bs4free
08-11-2007, 08:13 PM
Related q-would it royally perturb the advertisers if we kept a log of stores that let you use codes and get credit?

:rotfl: Preturbing the advertisers is something i think we are good at!

But it would be great to know which we can and can not by Gift cards from and get SR credit, can not wait for the answer, as well s the sugestion of who we can and can not use discounts, promo codes, or other types os specials to save, reduce the cost further while still earning SR credit only for the actual final price we pay less shiping, and tax!

chocovrdmicears
08-11-2007, 08:53 PM
If I got 8% back on my last disney vacation purchase by getting gift cards from disneyshopping with my disney visa for and extra 1% back. I Would have saved a Bunddle! I mean Hundreds of $$$$$. I was upset when I joined after ordering $150 in Crocs from fogdog the week before i joined and could have gotten 2% back in sr credits. Now i need to go find a corner and smash something!

$150 on Crocs!!! You are officially my new hero...who needs Scott Baio anyways.... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

bs4free
08-11-2007, 09:03 PM
$150 on Crocs!!! You are officially my new hero...who needs Scott Baio anyways.... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
I should state, that they were not all for me! but we can not buy crocs in our area so only it is, I wanted some off road, and well my brother wanted pirates, siters mickey and mom mickey! and tada, FOGDOG got $$$$. on Crocs! Great because they have free shiping and return shiping because we got the wrong sizes and had to send half the order back! and order the correct sizes!

chocovrdmicears
08-11-2007, 10:19 PM
I should state, that they were not all for me! but we can not buy crocs in our area so only it is, I wanted some off road, and well my brother wanted pirates, siters mickey and mom mickey! and tada, FOGDOG got $$$$. on Crocs! Great because they have free shiping and return shiping because we got the wrong sizes and had to send half the order back! and order the correct sizes!

Ok...so they were not ALL for you..who cares? I totally :heart: and admire any man who wears Crocs...even MORE so, one who buys them for his family...very nice!
My DH wore his Crocs to his Fantasy Football draft last year and all his buddies were giving him a hard time about "How nice it was that he was comfortable wearing his wifes nursing shoes" :rotfl: :rotfl:
PS ~ I originally wanted the Disney Crocs, but my soon-to-own Disney Jibbitz won't fit in them so I am keeping my maryjane Crocs and jazzing them up with Disney Jibbitz. (yes I am a Croc Geek!)

arob414
08-11-2007, 10:20 PM

Shoebuy.com has free shipping, too and free return shipping. Plus, SR had a great coupon and great percentage return. Not great was the fact that neither pr of crocs fit DD12 and I ended up returning them, losing my credits, and paying more because she needs them, now.:(

ItsmeSunnyV
08-11-2007, 10:22 PM
My DH wore his Crocs to his Fantasy Football draft last year and all his buddies were giving him a hard time about "How nice it was that he was comfortable wearing his wifes nursing shoes" :rotfl: :rotfl:

:rotfl: LMAO!!!!:rotfl:

chocovrdmicears
08-11-2007, 10:27 PM
LMAO!!!!:rotfl:

PS ~ I'm not even a Nurse! :rotfl: :rotfl:

bs4free
08-12-2007, 12:44 AM
Ok...so they were not ALL for you..who cares? I totally :heart: and admire any man who wears Crocs...even MORE so, one who buys them for his family...very nice!
PS ~ I originally wanted the Disney Crocs, but my soon-to-own Disney Jibbitz won't fit in them so I am keeping my maryjane Crocs and jazzing them up with Disney Jibbitz. (yes I am a Croc Geek!)

Yep I love my Crocs! I thought I would hate them but boy do i ever like them, I even wear them around the house as slippers! becuase they are so wonderful to wear! I might have to get me a pair of endevors i think was the name of the all enclosed all weather shoe for winter up here in NY! Lots of cold and snow! I know what you mean about the jibbits, I would love some Chip N Dale jibbits but have not found any and they dont fit in the extra large hole my Off road shoes have, just like the mickey's Such a shame they dont make any jibbits for the larger holed shoes! We want them too! BTW i have alwasy gotten a kick out of the name Maryjane crocs!

Shoebuy.com has free shipping, too and free return shipping. Plus, SR had a great coupon and great percentage return. Not great was the fact that neither pr of crocs fit DD12 and I ended up returning them, losing my credits, and paying more because she needs them, now.:(

I have never heard about shoebuy.com untill i joined SR, I only knew about FOGDOG via amazon. and just decide to check out their acutal website which had a larger selection. Sorry that DD12 did not end up fitting in the shoes you had orderd! That is the down side to ordering new brands, styles, if you have not woren them before!

spring
08-12-2007, 07:37 AM
Anyway you could get Coldwater Creek onboard for shopping?

linanglab
08-12-2007, 10:18 AM
I bought the flip flop style croc through....I don't remember where I ordered them from. It was the small 5/6. They were white with, I think purple inside. I was so excited. But they are HUGE!!! So, now I have a pair of crocs that don't fit. I have tried to give them away, but they do not fit anyone I know.....

Angela

chipndale
08-12-2007, 01:35 PM
[QUOTE=bs4free;30946]I would love some Chip N Dale jibbits but have not found any and they dont fit in the extra large hole my Off road shoes QUOTE]

Please let me know if you ever find or see Chip N Dale jibbitzs. I would love to have them. I wish Disney would make more Chip N Dale merchandise. I love them if you can't tell.

bs4free
08-12-2007, 02:32 PM
[quote=bs4free;30946]I would love some Chip N Dale jibbits but have not found any and they dont fit in the extra large hole my Off road shoes QUOTE]

Please let me know if you ever find or see Chip N Dale jibbitzs. I would love to have them. I wish Disney would make more Chip N Dale merchandise. I love them if you can't tell.

I know what you mean, Its hard to find any thing with chip and dale on them. I can usualy find some stuff on ebay from china, or japan, but the version they use of chip and dale just is not the same!

I wanted the name ChipNdale here on SR, but you beat me too it! thats ok!

They are my favs!

I will let you know if i ever find any chip and dale jibbits!

nurseminnie76
08-13-2007, 10:56 PM
[QUOTE=bs4free;30946]I would love some Chip N Dale jibbits but have not found any and they dont fit in the extra large hole my Off road shoes QUOTE]

I just saw these on the jibbitz.com website. They only have one style and it is $3.00. It is currently on backorder but you could keep checking back. I think it is just for reg crocs though -- probably would not fit the large holes.

HTH

spring
08-15-2007, 06:04 PM
What a great idea. I'm going to sit tight!:cooldance:

bs4free
08-15-2007, 06:58 PM
[quote=chipndale;31045]

I just saw these on the jibbitz.com website. They only have one style and it is $3.00. It is currently on backorder but you could keep checking back. I think it is just for reg crocs though -- probably would not fit the large holes.

HTH

WOOT! :party: WOOT!

Thank you so much nurseminnie :minnie: for finding them!

http://www2.jibbitz.com/images/products/LP-DIS-4064.jpg

Thats the pic and the weblink (http://www2.jibbitz.com/store/More_Characters_93/Chip_and_Dale_1350/)

They are out of stock! Mabey i will see them at WDW in sept. If not i will have to keep checking back!

ligrumpygirl
08-15-2007, 09:58 PM
I will check WDW when I go down next week and report back what I see.

bs4free
08-15-2007, 10:18 PM
I will check WDW when I go down next week and report back what I see.

Thanks I only have like 17 days to go! but anynews before that is welcomed!