PDA

View Full Version : What does a $100 Disney Gift card Do??????

kimntrent
01-06-2009, 06:47 PM
for you? When you can cash out for $100 weather or not you have or haven't been able to yet what would it do for you?

For me every $100 on sunshine is a day at Disney. We budget $100 a day for food and spending money.

bbangel
01-06-2009, 06:49 PM
I just cashed out for a $100 gift card today! I'm planning to use it for food costs when I take my mom to Disneyland for her birthday. We tend to share meals so I figure that will do for the three days that we are there. I'm hoping to earn another one before I go so that I can use that for extras (buying new ears, feeding my Mickey ice cream bar habit etc.)

JillyFish
01-06-2009, 07:59 PM
Well, for me it will MORE THAN pay for me to surprise my DS and my parents by treating them to lunch at Crystal Palace with Pooh and friends.....NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!
:party:

3dog2kidmom
01-06-2009, 08:30 PM
A $100 card will more than pay for me to surprise DSIL with a breakfast at CRT for her birthday when we go in October. She's never been to WDW before, and probably doesn't even realize you can eat in the castle. I am so excited to surprise her!!

faithhope
01-06-2009, 09:12 PM
It means not having to budget or worry about food and drink.
I hand one to my husband, keep one on me, and hand one to my father. It means the kids can have an ice cream bar. It means birthday lunch at Crystal Palace. It means having a beer in England, or Margarita in Mexico at Epcot and not cringing at the prices. It's pizza dinner at our cabin at Fort Wilderness campground.

This year it meant a date without kids, eating around Epcot.

Our vacations at Disney would be vanilla without the toppings(gift cards) that I earn on SR. It means saying YES to alot more, and really enjoying the vacation.

gpp2001
01-06-2009, 09:24 PM
Well - I'm tryng to earn 12 of those $100 GC for my cruise in Oct. And that will mean I don't have to pay any money out of pocket for the things I drink, I mean do on the cruise!!! Hopefully, it will mean I can also do some nice things for my mom on the cruise too!!! (It's her first - our fourth!!!)

fourfoxesinpa
01-07-2009, 01:49 PM
Well - I'm tryng to earn 12 of those $100 GC for my cruise in Oct. And that will mean I don't have to pay any money out of pocket for the things I drink, I mean do on the cruise!!! Hopefully, it will mean I can also do some nice things for my mom on the cruise too!!! (It's her first - our fourth!!!)

Sounds like you're going to be able to "DO" a lot on that trip. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

$100 for me is going to be 2 meals on our June trip :scarf: - one at Earl of Sandwich and a big chicken family dinner at the FW Campground :eat:when we go to see a movie. If there's any change, we'll have Mickey Bars or :popcorn:!

disney_girl
01-07-2009, 02:06 PM
After paying for annual passes and food on our last trip, we used our last $100 buying Christmas presents and some snacks. The kids fell asleep in the stroller at Downtown Disney one night and DH and I power shopped. We had to endure DS being "sad" when we said "No" to all of his requests...but it was worth it to see his face Christmas morning!!(and actually we have a couple of things stashed away for his birthday in May too). We also were more free with getting snacks for the family which was nice! Love those gift cards!! Have 2 on the way to me right now!!:cooldance:

askomsky
01-07-2009, 02:13 PM
I had 4 ( I think) last Nov when we went. 1 went for breakfast at Chef Mickey for the 5 of us.
The other 3 were used for food, snacks and souviners. It was SO NICE to not worry about telling the kids no on certain snack items and letting them get (within reason) what they wanted when they wanted it. Same with the souviners, it was great to let the kids choose whatever they wanted before we left.

Magical JenK
01-07-2009, 02:53 PM
I love $100 Disney Gift Cards...and $50 Disney Gift Cards...and $25 Disney Gift Cards!! If I time before my trip, I would use the $100 GCs towards my balance. If it's close to my trip, I'd use it while at WDW for purchases at all the stores I love to visit & dinners....gotta love having those GCs for dinners!!

Love2Shop
01-07-2009, 03:44 PM
Same here, anything up until the summer or so will go towards paying off my trip balance and tickets to MNSSHP. After that it's all for extras, I am going to take my dd to BBB and I would love to get my mother some of the perfume from Norway!

I :heart: SR!

jaime
01-08-2009, 09:58 AM
I can't use mine for our annual passes since we buy them through the military, so I use mine for eating at the parks and spending money in the gift shops! My DH is loving not having to pay when we dine at WDW! :p

sabrina90744
01-08-2009, 12:08 PM
$100 would be the deposit for our 2010. I used 9 of the $100 paying down our 2009 trip, I ended up spending $800 cash for 10 nights and 10 day park hoppers thanks to SR and those $100 gift cards! :cooldance:

Pooh's Pal
01-08-2009, 12:35 PM
A 100.00 helped this past trip with souvienuers, sandwiches and slushies!
Next 100 will go towards October's trip. :clap:

Alice28
01-08-2009, 01:43 PM
I cashed out for $100 gift card about 2 weeks ago or so. It will pay for 1/2 of my dining plan for March. Yippee! So in other words, HALF of my meals are paid for, for 5 nights courtesy of SR. Yahoo!! :clap: We're eating at Narcoossee's, le Cellier, Kona Cafe and Chefs de France. I also cashed out for $30 in Disney Dollars and I'm thinking that will buy me a nice assortment of bath bombs at Basin White. :love:

Kittykat
01-11-2009, 05:45 PM
I just cashed out for two $100 Disney GC's (plus another $25) and they will be used to feed my bottomless pit DS's while we're in Disney this June.

Plus, they'll come in handy for the souvenir-crazy DH. I tell you, he may not ever shop at home but take him to Disney and he goes NUTS.

linanglab
01-11-2009, 08:01 PM
For me it is about a day and 1/2 of food for me and the kids. We will be going all counter service (minus a dinner at T-Rex). I figure - at least hoping - to get 3 meals with $100. We will share our meals since they give quite a bit. Plus, it being so hot, alot of times we don't eat that much. We wasted too much food last time.

I am $20 away from cashing out for $500. $250 will finish paying off my trip and the other $250 will go toward food.

rumrunnergirl
01-23-2009, 05:16 PM
I am waiting on a $100 GC. We are taking a quickie weekend trip to WDW in February for DS's 8th b'day, and the GC's and Disney Dream Dollars I have on hand will pay for meals. Since it's his b'day and we have passes, he'll get the GC in the amount of his ticket (from the What Will You Celebrate in 2009? promo) to use for souvies for him and DD.

The $100 GC I am waiting on (plus any others I order) will go towards our honeymoon in May - probably our reception lunch. :)

rumrunnergirl
01-23-2009, 05:21 PM
I am $20 away from cashing out for $500.

How do you guys restrain yourselves? LOL I am so used to cashing out at $25, it was extremely hard for me to hold off until I got to $100. I do not have the self-restraint to wait until I get to $500, plus the worry of the GC getting lost/stolen in the mail. I am stressing enough as it is over a $100 GC, I wouldn't be able to sleep if I was waiting on $500.

OhMari
03-05-2009, 09:06 AM
My dh, dd and myself had our first meal at O'hanas at the Polynesian.
I wanted the Lapu Lapu, the pineapple drink as large as your head.
We were called in as soon as I checked in at 9:00 p.m.
Between the 3 of us and drinks, our bill with tip came to exactly $100.00.
:sunshine2:The meal was thoroughly enjoyed.

I had another $500 gift card, and $150 gift card and we used the rest to pay for all our dining and I even had some left over to buy a few souveniers.