PDA

View Full Version : Whispering Canyon vs. Trails End

fourfoxesinpa
01-13-2009, 03:31 PM
Thinking of going to one of these and it looks like the menu is very similar (fried chicken/ribs/corn, etc.) Is the real difference that one is a buffet (TE) and WC is a served meal with the entertainment?

And, how long does it take to get to WL from the MK? Is it just a short boat ride or must you go to TTC and then get on the boat? Would it be realistic to hop over there for a big lunch and to escape the crowds for awhile or too much of a hassle.

Thanks for any help!

kimntrent
01-13-2009, 03:41 PM
They are both easy to get to. You either catch the boat that takes you to TE first then WC or vice versa. I love lunch at WC actually. They have bottomless milkshakes in a ton of flavors. It is a blast. But TE is great too and they really have a great atmosphere. I think if it were me I would do both if I could.

bbangel
01-13-2009, 03:41 PM
I've heard that Trail's End is one of the better kept secrets of the WDW dining. It's on my list to try next time.

fourfoxesinpa
01-13-2009, 03:45 PM
They are both easy to get to. You either catch the boat that takes you to TE first then WC or vice versa. I love lunch at WC actually. They have bottomless milkshakes in a ton of flavors. It is a blast. But TE is great too and they really have a great atmosphere. I think if it were me I would do both if I could.

Does the boat leave from TTC or MK? I was thinking of lunch at WC on our MK day and TE another night after a waterpark when we go to the campground to see a movie. Is that too much of the same food?

kimntrent
01-13-2009, 03:53 PM
It leaves from MK it is one of those cute little put put boats. Or the Cool ones with the flags on them. they rotate 1 time to WL first and then the next p/u is FW. When you get off either you just walk up the path and boom you are in. When we go for lunch we kinda do a treat day and do bottomless milkshakes and fries and call it good and fun.

bbangel
01-13-2009, 03:54 PM
If it is the kind of food you like than no it isn't too much of the same kind of food. What other restaurants are you thinking of going to on the same trip?

pbhall13
01-13-2009, 10:07 PM
I have been to both

WC: went for breakfast and went for lite dinner. Both meals were fine......the tortilla soup is great......everyone seems to like the 'skillet' meals

Trails End: I only went there in 2003. It is/was buffet style. There is something there for everyone....some of the standards that they serve at the HDDR and tons of other stuff (peel and eat shrimp, carving station, soups, salads, desserts galore). I do not tend to like buffets, but I remember being impressed with freshness of food and cleanliness. Adults and kids were all happy