PDA

View Full Version : Mid-Atlantic Coast Meet

missymouse
01-15-2009, 05:12 PM
Where and when would work for a meet for the mid-atlantic region. I have included several of the suggestions. You can vote for more than one choice and month. If you have another suggestion post it in this thread.

askomsky
01-15-2009, 06:22 PM
I picked all of the locations bc I would try to make any of them work. We've been to all of them before anyway so I know where i"m going.

I also picked June and August bc I think we'll (DS and I ) be heading out of town in July.

missymouse
01-15-2009, 06:51 PM
I picked all of the locations bc I would try to make any of them work. We've been to all of them before anyway so I know where i"m going.

I also picked June and August bc I think we'll (DS and I ) be heading out of town in July.

That's fine. It gives us options. Right now August seems to be the best month, but we will wait and see if we get a few more responses. We have lots of time.

jenvance
01-15-2009, 09:42 PM
I picked Hershey Park and June! I think that would work well for me.

missymouse
01-16-2009, 09:48 AM
Bumping to make sure everyone in the area sees this

fourfoxesinpa
01-16-2009, 02:34 PM
In June, we're off to WDW and most of July is spent at the Jersey shore so I put down May or August and I'll cross my fingers that schedules work for me.

Any thoughts on Atlantic City or New Hope, PA? Both nice places for a short visit.

Would this be a family thing or just a ladies event? A 1 day meet? Just thinking out loud.

missymouse
01-16-2009, 05:03 PM
Any thoughts on Atlantic City or New Hope, PA? Both nice places for a short visit.

Would this be a family thing or just a ladies event? A 1 day meet? Just thinking out loud.

I know nothing about New Hope, PA, Atlantic City would probably be out for me because I doubt DH would let me go if it involved an overnight and I think Atlantic City would but am not sure.

As far as a family thing or just a ladies event I don't think we have gotten that far. For me it would probably be a one day meet unless it was something like DC and I could ride the metro down each day and just meet up with everyone. If we do Hersheypark I would bring the kids with me and let them go do their thing for the most part. Might have to have the youngest with me since he doesn't do roller coasters yet, but you never know by then he may have decided he likes them.

missymouse
01-17-2009, 01:13 PM
Right now Hersheypark in August appears to be in the lead. Would a weekday or weekend day work better for the majority of those who have responded? When does everyone start back to school. I have to report back August 18th, but could go on the 21st since I would have off that day with my current schedule.

askomsky
01-17-2009, 02:10 PM
Right now Hersheypark in August appears to be in the lead. Would a weekday or weekend day work better for the majority of those who have responded? When does everyone start back to school. I have to report back August 18th, but could go on the 21st since I would have off that day with my current schedule.

Either would work for me, but speaking from expierence a weekday at HP would be better crowd wise. Later the better bc as you know most schools go back before labor day. We don't and about half of our area go after Labor Day.

That said I'm in charge of ordering group tickets for HP for DS's school at a nice discount. If anyone is interested if that's where we decide, PM me.

fourfoxesinpa
01-17-2009, 02:29 PM
Our school goes back the Monday before Labor Day and I'm not sure when we'll have back to school orientations/meet and greet, etc. Until we get a school calendar, I'm not going to be able to nail down a date - if I can make it, I'd love to but I certainly wouldn't expect all of you to wait to mark your calendars.

But yes, weekdays are much better to visit HP. Discount tickets can also be purchased at Giant grocery stores in Central PA at a great price, but until it gets closer to season opening, I can't say exactly how much. Last year they were very close to $35 for adult tickets. Even if I can't make it, I would be more than happy to get tix for you and mail them OR give you directions to the Giant just a couple of miles away from HP.

askomsky
01-17-2009, 02:34 PM
Our school goes back the Monday before Labor Day and I'm not sure when we'll have back to school orientations/meet and greet, etc. Until we get a school calendar, I'm not going to be able to nail down a date - if I can make it, I'd love to but I certainly wouldn't expect all of you to wait to mark your calendars.

But yes, weekdays are much better to visit HP. Discount tickets can also be purchased at Giant grocery stores in Central PA at a great price, but until it gets closer to season opening, I can't say exactly how much. Last year they were very close to $35 for adult tickets. Even if I can't make it, I would be more than happy to get tix for you and mail them OR give you directions to the Giant just a couple of miles away from HP.

Mine is even better... :D I think this year it's $28 for an adult and reg price is $43-$45? But I have to have the order in by end of March, so unless you know your going, then yes Giant is still a cheaper deal.

missymouse
01-17-2009, 02:45 PM
Mine is even better... :D I think this year it's $28 for an adult and reg price is $43-$45? But I have to have the order in by end of March, so unless you know your going, then yes Giant is still a cheaper deal.

Well since we go back to school before Labor Day I would need it to be prior to the 18th or the 21st Friday of that week. My kids start back the following Monday August 24th. If we decide no kids allowed I could meet up with a group somewhere like Gettysburg for the day on almost any Friday.

askomsky
01-17-2009, 02:47 PM
Doesn't matter to me whatever works best for the group involved.
I was just saying I have to order tickets by April, their good for any operating day in 2009 (except halloween and christmas).

missymouse
01-17-2009, 02:52 PM
Doesn't matter to me whatever works best for the group involved.
I was just saying I have to order tickets by April, their good for any operating day in 2009 (except halloween and christmas).

I am definitely interested in ordering the tickets from you. That is a great deal. The next year 2010 I think I am going to get Season Passes.

fourfoxesinpa
01-17-2009, 02:52 PM

Oooh...that's an awesome price! Yeah, it's at least $45 to get in the gates now. Plus parking (which I think is $10?)

I remember when I was little it was free to get in and you could take in a picnic - like Knoebel's - and you paid "by the ride." Oh, those were the days.

askomsky
01-17-2009, 03:14 PM
Oooh...that's an awesome price! Yeah, it's at least $45 to get in the gates now. Plus parking (which I think is $10?)

I remember when I was little it was free to get in and you could take in a picnic - like Knoebel's - and you paid "by the ride." Oh, those were the days.

Ain't that the truth and hey Knoebels could ALWAYS be an option!! :rotfl: You really can't get a BAD day there with crowds.

I don't remember what I had to pay last year, I ended up just buying one child's ticket at the gate.

Just looked up the info 28.50 for an adult and 24.00 for a child (ages 3-8).

missymouse
01-17-2009, 03:34 PM
Ain't that the truth and hey Knoebels could ALWAYS be an option!! :rotfl: You really can't get a BAD day there with crowds.

I don't remember what I had to pay last year, I ended up just buying one child's ticket at the gate.

Just looked up the info 28.50 for an adult and 24.00 for a child (ages 3-8).

That could be an option. It would be a 3 hour drive for us each way but that would still be doable. How would it work out versus Hersheypark for everyone else. For us Hersheypark is about 1 hr. 45 min.

missymouse
01-18-2009, 11:50 AM
Bumping to see if there is any other interest or comments.

eaglesdare
01-19-2009, 10:42 PM
i voted for all the months, with ocean city, six flags great adventure.

hershey park is just too far for me.

amarazas
01-20-2009, 12:08 AM
I'm always up for a Knoebels trip! :banana:

HP or Knoebels would be fun!

missymouse
01-23-2009, 11:32 AM
Bumping to see if anyone else is interested.

Since there is no way we will be able to come up with a place that is good for everyone we might need to consider more than one meet and then those who can/want to can meet up. I would be happy to get the ball rolling for a meet in DC, Hersheypark, or Knoebels. I am leery of Six Flags Great Adventure because I have heard bad things about the visitors/location there and wouldn't feel comfortable letting my kids wander without me and I don't want to be tied to my kids.

Should I post another poll for Hershey vs. Knoebels and the different weeks in August since that appears when we have the most interest?

amarazas
01-23-2009, 11:50 AM
Sounds good for the new poll, I'd be up for either! Can't wait for the meet! :-)

askomsky
01-23-2009, 01:39 PM
Either park is fine with me, it won't matter which one.
BUT there's no way at this moment I can "pick" a week in August. Other then knowing when the kids go back to school, I have no clue what if anything is going on.

missymouse
01-23-2009, 02:27 PM
Either park is fine with me, it won't matter which one.
BUT there's no way at this moment I can "pick" a week in August. Other then knowing when the kids go back to school, I have no clue what if anything is going on.

I understand that, but for me the sooner things are put on a calendar the better, when do you think we should pick a date by?

amarazas
01-23-2009, 07:28 PM
I understand that, but for me the sooner things are put on a calendar the better, when do you think we should pick a date by?

I agree with the sooner the better, but at the same time, I know that in August we usually have our vacation. But we should be figuring that out.. but I don't know.. right now with my husbands work, I just feel overwhelmed with thinking past the next layoff... :( I've been the one telling him ..."Oh we hear it all the time about the layoffs.." but this time, I'm just hoping the darn company stays in business.. ARG..

Thanks for letting me vent ...

Anyways, I guess after venting... :D ... I would say that we should get something on the calendar by April so that it's on the calendar and its already planned. & if its HP, I'll get my tickets during the promotion that Giant usually has.

missymouse
01-23-2009, 09:26 PM
Ok lets first settle on a location since that will be the easiest part. Go to this thread for the new poll

http://www.sunshinerewardsforum.com/showthread.php?t=21317

sqromano
01-23-2009, 09:31 PM
I would love to do this! What a great way to meet other SRers. I know I have a vacation in mid-June and the third week in August (of course that one would be great for an OC meet!).