PDA

View Full Version : Songs That Make You Cry

SunshineGirl
08-09-2007, 05:31 PM
I'm totally stealing this thread from ABW, but it was so cool that I couldn't help myself.

What songs always make you cry when you hear them?

sunshinecindy
08-09-2007, 05:41 PM
Oh, I gotta see donuts answer to this on there, cause you know I'm taking that CD to Vegas with me, but ok heres my answer......

Any song my DH is singing.....ROTFLMAO......you would cry too.

jl8595
08-09-2007, 05:42 PM
Two songs for me, actually...

As I Lay Me Down...by Sophie B. Hawkins

Time of Your Life...Green Day

ItsmeSunnyV
08-09-2007, 06:40 PM
Asleep - The Smiths (I listened to it alot when my grandma passed away, during my alone time. One of my fave songs)

The Dad He didn't have to be- Brad Paisley ( danced to this with stepfather at my wedding)

ItsmeSunnyV
08-09-2007, 06:41 PM
Time of Your Life...Green Day

:heart:this song!

DisneyMa
08-09-2007, 06:58 PM
I don't cry over songs. I guess I don't listen to that kind of music.

bs4free
08-09-2007, 07:01 PM
I dont Know the title of this song but every time i here it i get a tear in my eye.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b_1gHK_P9ZQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b_1gHK_P9ZQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Click to watch and listen, Found this copy on youtube!

jl8595
08-09-2007, 07:10 PM
I dont Know the title of this song but every time i here it i get a tear in my eye.

LOL!!

That's not a song Bryan...that's a "MOMENT" :love:

bs4free
08-09-2007, 07:26 PM
LOL!!

That's not a song Bryan...that's a "MOMENT" :love:

There is music so its a SONG and even when not watching it or being there it bring me to that MOMENT. So....

Atlest my Song! had a video! to go with it! to share!

jl8595
08-09-2007, 07:29 PM
There is music so its a SONG and even when not watching it or being there it bring me to that MOMENT. So....

Atlest my Song! had a video! to go with it! to share!

LOL!! You're right...I wasn't thoughtful enough to include vidoes to my sappy songs!!! :rotfl:

bs4free
08-09-2007, 07:41 PM
LOL!! You're right...I wasn't thoughtful enough to include vidoes to my sappy songs!!! :rotfl:

You songs are good songs!

It takes alot for me to tear up at all so that was the only thing i could think of that did make me tear up! My first time at that Rope Drop was just so amazing, with the Sun Bright and shinning in my eyes! IT was Great! I Knew I was at DISNEY!!! I remember that every time, I here those words! Welcome Wish Pixed Dust Magical palce on earth..... Best part is i am listening to it while i post this! :sunshine: :love: :sunshine2:

gshanny
08-09-2007, 10:52 PM
I still cry when I hear Living Years by Mike and the Mechanics. I read that he wrote that after his dad died. The line about not being there when his dad passed away and hearing him in his newborn's tears. Always gets me going.

linanglab
08-10-2007, 07:26 AM
Wow....I could make a HUGE list. I am an emotional sap. I am also a very musical person. So songs and emotion together gets me going....I will have to think. I listen to ALOT of Christian music and some of those get me going too. I think the one song is called "Walking Her Home". About a man on a date and he was walking her home. Then towards the end of the song, she is dying and he lays next to her and then it goes to the chorus again - He was Walking her home (meaning Heaven). I think of my Grandma and Grandpa on that song. Gets me teary every time.

Angela

lilianddomsmom
08-10-2007, 09:12 AM
i have alot of songs that make me cry, but a couple of them are whitney houstons i will always love you, joshua kadison's beautiful in my eyes (just something about the words to the song that make me tear up) and butterfly kisses and babyface's you were there

dreamer13079
08-10-2007, 09:31 AM
A lot of songs make me cry but for different reasons. My top songs would be:

Because of you by Kelly Clarkson
Concrete Angel (Martina McBride)
Alyssa Lies (Jason Michael Carroll) This song makes me sob.
In My Daughter's Eyes (Martina McBride)
American Pie and Vincent (Don McLean)

I guess songs really get to me. :)

mseg16222
08-10-2007, 09:32 AM
Wind Beneath my wings.(BETTE MIDLER).....THis was my Mom's faovrite song...I had them play it at her Funeral it reminded me so much of how I felt about her. I still cry everytime I hear it. She passed way 2 years ago at the age of 51.

JillyFish
08-10-2007, 09:51 AM
Wow....I could make a HUGE list. I am an emotional sap. I am also a very musical person. So songs and emotion together gets me going....I will have to think. I listen to ALOT of Christian music and some of those get me going too. I think the one song is called "Walking Her Home". About a man on a date and he was walking her home. Then towards the end of the song, she is dying and he lays next to her and then it goes to the chorus again - He was Walking her home (meaning Heaven). I think of my Grandma and Grandpa on that song. Gets me teary every time.

Angela

Mine is a Mark Schultz song too Angela.

It's called "He's My Son". As a mom of two special needs boys....it gets me every time! :cry:

No video, but here's the lyrics....

He's My Son

I'm down on my knees again tonight
I'm hoping this prayer will turn out right
See there is a boy that needs Your help
I've done all that I can do myself
His mother is tired
I'm sure You can understand
Each night as he sleeps
She goes in to hold his hand
And she tries not to cry
As the tears fill her eyes

CHORUS:
Can You hear me?
Am I getting through tonight?
Can You see him?
Can You make him feel all right?
If You can hear me
Let me take his place somehow
See, he's not just anyone
He's my son

Sometimes late at night I watch him sleep
I dream of the boy he'd like to be
I try to be strong and see him through
But God who he needs right now is You
Let him grow old
Live life without this fear
What would I be
Living without him here
He's so tired and he's scared
Let him know that You're there

CHORUS

Can You hear me?
Can You see him?
Please don't leave him
He's my son

Mandi
08-10-2007, 10:01 AM
I'm not an emotional person, but one that always makes me a bit teary eyed is Blessed by Elton John.

LuvMyBoys
08-10-2007, 10:10 AM
Hmm..I don't cry at many songs but some of my favorites get me all choked up :)

What a Wonderful World.........Louie Armstrong (always reminds me that I have a lot to be thankful for and life is beautiful)

That's the Good Stuff.....Kenney Chesney (reminds me of what is important in life)

Remember When........Alan Jackson (that song just reminds me so much of marriage and love, the ups and the downs, I love it)

All three of those stop me in my tracks no matter what I am doing when they come on :love:

LuvMyBoys
08-10-2007, 10:12 AM
A lot of songs make me cry but for different reasons. My top songs would be:

Because of you by Kelly Clarkson
Concrete Angel (Martina McBride)
In My Daughter's Eyes (Martina McBride)
American Pie and Vincent (Don McLean)

I guess songs really get to me. :)

Alyssa Lies makes me cry too, no matter how hard I try not to. :(

arob414
08-10-2007, 10:19 AM
I am sappy, nearly everything makes me cry. I like
Concrete angel
In my daughter's eyes
Allyssa lies
Natural woman - Murphy Brown sang it to her baby (I know Bryan, you are way to young, lol) and so it makes me think of my babies
I want to be just like You (because he wants to be just like me)
How can I (live without you)-Tricia Yearwood
Landslide (Fleetwood Mac)
AND, about a jillion more songs that makes me think of my girls, my parents, my happy times, my sad times, my anything time.

Mom2aPrincess
08-10-2007, 10:31 AM
Wind Beneath my wings.(BETTE MIDLER).....THis was my Mom's faovrite song...I had them play it at her Funeral it reminded me so much of how I felt about her. I still cry everytime I hear it. She passed way 2 years ago at the age of 51.

That's my Mom's favorite song too.

For me it's

"the cowboy rides away" (I think that's the title) and the other "Me and Emily." Both country songs. The first was played at a friends funeral when I was a freshman ... this was my first real clue that all of us weren't immortal (you know teenagers) and the second reminds me of my daughter and I and is a slightly modified story of something we've gone through.

chocovrdmicears
08-10-2007, 01:56 PM
Beauty and The Beast

When my dd5 was a baby, she :heart: loved this movie. Whenever they came to the part of the movie where they are dancing to this song, my husband would scoop her up and dance with her around the living room. I swear they danced to this song 100 times over the years. Then one day my husband told me he wanted this to be the song they play at her wedding for the father/daughter song. :heart: Which will be perfect because she will be having a Disney Wedding. :heart:

arob414
08-10-2007, 02:10 PM
Beauty and The Beast

When my dd5 was a baby, she :heart: loved this movie. Whenever they came to the part of the movie where they are dancing to this song, my husband would scoop her up and dance with her around the living room. I swear they danced to this song 100 times over the years. Then one day my husband told me he wanted this to be the song they play at her wedding for the father/daughter song. :heart: Which will be perfect because she will be having a Disney Wedding. :heart:

Awwww:cry: <-Happy tears.

saikai
08-10-2007, 02:15 PM
[Remember When........Alan Jackson (that song just reminds me so much of marriage and love, the ups and the downs, I love it)

That's a good one. The one that gets me the most is The Baby by Blake Sheldon. It perfectly describes my relationship with my mother.

Soccer Princess
08-10-2007, 04:51 PM
I'm a big crier, so there are way more than this, but here are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Wind Beneath My Wings
I Will Remember You -- Sarah Maclachlan
Tears in Heaven -- Eric Clapton
and this one really gets me:
Love, Me -- Collin Raye

I read a note my Grandma wrote back in 1923
Grandpa kept it in his coat, and he showed it once to me
He said, "Boy, you might not understand, but a long, long time ago,
Grandma's daddy didn't like me none, but I love your Grandma so.

We had this crazy plan to meet and run away together
Get married in the first town we came to and live forever
But nailed to the tree where we were supposed to meet instead
I found this letter, and this is what it said :

"If you get there before I do
Don't give up on me
I'll meet you when my chores are through
I don't know how long I'll be

But I'm not gonna let you down
Darling wait and see
And between now and then
Til I see you again

I'll be loving you
Love, Me."

I read those words just hours before my Grandma passed away
In the doorway of the church where me and Grandpa stopped to pray
I know I've never seen him cry in all my fifteen years
But as he said these words to her, his eyes fill up with tears

"If you get there before I do
Don't give up on me
I'll meet you when my chores are through
I don't know how long I'll be

But I'm not gonna let you down
Darling wait and see
And between now and then
Til I see you again

I'll be loving you
Love, Me."

kimntrent
08-10-2007, 05:19 PM
Live Like you are Dying and Stars Go Blue

Kim

ItsmeSunnyV
08-11-2007, 02:36 AM
Oh one more...."I LIKE BIG BUTTS!" :rotfl:

Tasha228
08-13-2007, 11:31 AM

This is on the top of my list at the moment! That song gets to me every time...and yet I love it! I am strange but a lot of songs with "stories" like this get to me and yet they are some of my favorites. :confused:

Tasha228
08-13-2007, 11:36 AM
Oh, yeah, and now that I have a child, I swear all the songs singing about their children can get to me in less than a second. "Let Them Be Little" by Billy Dean used to really get to me. "Jesus Take the Wheel" got to me when it first came out because it has a verse about the baby being okay in the back seat after the mom lost control of the car. My dd was just an infant when that came out so it touched me. There is one that is callled "I Loved Her First" talking about a dad about to give his little girl away to be married and I can't help but get teary envisioning my dh giving our dd away. Okay, I'd better stop. Just typing about it makes me teary. I'm such a sap!

P.S. Did you notice that most of the songs that get to me are country songs? I listen to all kinds of music but those have the "stories" that usually get to me the most.

Candi
08-13-2007, 12:01 PM
I can't think of any that make me cry but dh also cries to the Mark Schultz song about his son. Mark Schultz was the singer at Men's Round Up last year. We have been through a lot of scary health stuff with our son and it really affected him.

linanglab
08-13-2007, 01:12 PM
Oh one more...."I LIKE BIG BUTTS!" :rotfl:

That one is a tear jerker.....:rotfl:

Also the patriotic songs get to me - I just puff up with pride about being an American sometimes and I tear up....Toby Keith has some good ones. Also Alan Jackson.

Angela

SunshineGirl
08-13-2007, 01:19 PM
That one is a tear jerker.....:rotfl:

Also the patriotic songs get to me - I just puff up with pride about being an American sometimes and I tear up....Toby Keith has some good ones. Also Alan Jackson.

Angela

It's funny you mention that. We went to a baseball game Saturday night and I started to tear up when they sang the Star Spangled Banner. It never occurred to me until that moment that I ALWAYS start to cry when I hear the Star Spangled Banner!

Kycha
08-13-2007, 02:08 PM
It's funny you mention that. We went to a baseball game Saturday night and I started to tear up when they sang the Star Spangled Banner. It never occurred to me until that moment that I ALWAYS start to cry when I hear the Star Spangled Banner!

Tricia, I was just going to post that! Every single sporting event I go to I end up bawling by the end of the National Anthem. I can't help it. But by the time I get to "Rockets red glare, the bombs bursting in air" part, tears are streaming down my face.:rotfl:

About a month after 9/11, DH and I were in Baltimore and decided to go to Fort McHenry which is the birthplace of our National Anthem. There is a very nice video presentation in the visitors center about the history of the fort and at the end of the video they play the National Anthem. Well, there were about 50 people watching that video with me, and spontaneously we all stood up and sang that song at the top of our lungs and by the end I don't think there was a dry eye in the room. It was really quite moving.

ItsmeSunnyV
08-13-2007, 02:38 PM
Tricia, I was just going to post that! Every single sporting event I go to I end up bawling by the end of the National Anthem. I can't help it. But by the time I get to "Rockets red glare, the bombs bursting in air" part, tears are streaming down my face.:rotfl:

About a month after 9/11, DH and I were in Baltimore and decided to go to Fort McHenry which is the birthplace of our National Anthem. There is a very nice video presentation in the visitors center about the history of the fort and at the end of the video they play the National Anthem. Well, there were about 50 people watching that video with me, and spontaneously we all stood up and sang that song at the top of our lungs and by the end I don't think there was a dry eye in the room. It was really quite moving.

:p You just gave me the chills!:p