PDA

View Full Version : Circuit City Totally Liquidating

SunshineGirl
01-16-2009, 11:39 AM
How sad. Looks like Circuit City is giving up.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28691963?GT1=43001

disney_girl
01-16-2009, 11:48 AM
Definitely sad! I have a good friend whose husband works there- well guess that will be past tense soon.

askomsky
01-16-2009, 12:16 PM
That is a shame, we liked their prices and products. That's where we bought our laptop in July and our digital video camera last November (thru SR of course with instore pick up in DE for no sales tax!) We always looked there first for bigger ticket items.

fourfoxesinpa
01-16-2009, 01:37 PM
Wow - I heard this on the news this morning and thought about our strip mall and how dark it will be. The Linens n Things closed and now CC.

Things are just going from bad to worse.

disney_girl
01-16-2009, 01:40 PM
Certainly is... what is getting me is that in my area they are putting in strip shopping centers like crazy. Um...who is going to occupy them?? We have enough that are empty as it is...so sad!

lanny76
01-16-2009, 02:22 PM
That's too bad - must have been really bad if they couldn't reorganize or find a buyer.:( And all those people who won't have jobs, really sad.

Pooh's Pal
01-16-2009, 02:29 PM
They took space in my town's center and signs were up that said Circuit City...but that was last fall, they never finished the building. sad :(

~Kathie
01-16-2009, 04:34 PM
Wow - I heard this on the news this morning and thought about our strip mall and how dark it will be. The Linens n Things closed and now CC.

Things are just going from bad to worse.

The CC closest to me is situated next to Linens n Things. I was going by that plaza yesterday and they were taking the Linens and things sign down.

Sad for the employees.

spring
01-16-2009, 04:38 PM
:(I don't have a Circuit City within easy driving distance of me, but I have to say I LOVE ordering from them online. The free shipping for items over $24 is nice. I'm really going to miss them.:( I also feel bad for all the employees being thrown out of work in a poor economy like this. I hope a last minute bidder comes along to help the company out.

sunshinecindy
01-16-2009, 04:45 PM
That really sucks. I've never been a big fan of theirs, but I still hate to see them close. Also, the Malls that they are in will lose revenue and that will make the rental for the other stores go up and its just a vicious cycle because they won't be able to afford it.