PDA

View Full Version : booked a Thanksgiving trip

Alice28
01-18-2009, 03:01 PM
When Disney released their Military Salute deal, I called my parents up and discussed going to WDW versus Disneyland for my oldest child's birthday (Nov 28th). Deal was sealed shortly- we're going for Thanksgiving week! My son is thrilled we've been at DL and WDW one time each for his younger brother's birthday (June), so he's been wishing to go for his.

Mom and Dad own DVC, so she booked us a 2 bedroom VWL. My husband will be in Iraq. :( This is part of the reason we're doing it- to not be quite as sad that week with him missing Thanksgiving and Sam's birthday.

The military tickets are a money saver! $99 per ticket! We're staying the first two nights at Shades of Green to save on points, and then checking into VWL and adding the Dining plan. We'll rent a minivan so we have access to the parks easier, grocery stores, etc. (Chick Fil A!!!!).

So now I gotta get my survey groove back on and do the 'trifecta' as many days as I can, as my goal is $400-500 by the end of September to pay for the bulk of the DDP. I'm up to $21. :rotfl: (I just cashed out after Christmas).

Thanks for letting me share my excitement! I'm a Disneyland vet, and have been to WDW I think 8 times, but never at the holidays- I can't wait to see the decorations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banana: and DS is already plotting how to spend his Birthday Gift card from Disney- that's my boy! ;) (he'll be 12)

spring
01-18-2009, 03:16 PM
Awesome! I've been to WDW once a couple weeks before Christmas. It was beautiful! I'm sure you and your whole family will have a great time. Is DH in Iraq now, or when is he leaving?

Alice28
01-18-2009, 06:22 PM
He starts state-side training in April. Will be in Iraq sometime in June.