PDA

View Full Version : Trip Reports and Disney Posts

SunshineGirl
08-10-2007, 05:41 PM
Okay. It has been brought to my attention by your wonderful moderator that we need some new forums. Here are a couple of suggestions and everyone can vote on how best to do it:

1) Create a bigger Disney category and then break down the Disney posts into forums for planning, dining, trip reports, etc. Do you think we have enough Disney posts to break it down?

2) Create just a Trip Reports forum in the Member Chatter section that can be for any trip reports including Disney.

3) Create a trip reports forum only for Disney.

4) Create a Travel forum where we have forums for Disney, Disney trip reports, non-Disney travel, and non-Disney trip reports.

Let the people decide. LOL!

m 'n c
08-10-2007, 07:13 PM
I voted for #1 as I think it might encourage more people to participate in the forums besides their one post a day to play games. Just a thought. Plus massive threads on one subject are difficult to navigate.

But I also like #4 for other traveling. Could we have both?

DisneyMa
08-10-2007, 07:16 PM
You could divide the Disney section by resorts. Disneyland, DisneyWorld, Disneyland Paris, etc.

bs4free
08-10-2007, 07:34 PM
New fourms Woot!:cooldance:

I Vote #1 but do also think we maybe a little shy on content,

#2 a general Trip report section for any type of trip is most likely the best solution.

I would never turn down More Disney anything!

Soccer Princess
08-10-2007, 11:10 PM
I vote #4, that way it isn't limited to Disney, but the sub-forums can help everyone navigate better.

BTW, Bryan -- I have to ask this. What does woot mean? I see it on almost all of your posts and I don't get it? :)

bs4free
08-11-2007, 12:08 AM
I vote #4, that way it isn't limited to Disney, but the sub-forums can help everyone navigate better.

BTW, Bryan -- I have to ask this. What does woot mean? I see it on almost all of your posts and I don't get it? :)

I have writen your answer to WOOT here http://www.sunshinerewardsforum.com/showthread.php?p=30550#post30550

BTW ME love Disney Sub-Forums! with a Side of Cola!

llgray16
08-11-2007, 07:42 AM
I voted for #1 as I think it might encourage more people to participate in the forums besides their one post a day to play games. Just a thought. Plus massive threads on one subject are difficult to navigate.

But I also like #4 for other traveling. Could we have both?

I voted for #4 because I was thinking that a General travel forum plus a bigger Disney forum (with subcategories would be a great idea!)

I think you have some great companies thru SR that would be great links for both kinds of forums!

wdwabby
08-11-2007, 10:25 AM
I said #4 - that way we can hear about everyone's trips, which would be really nice!

Kycha
08-11-2007, 11:09 AM
I said #4 - that way we can hear about everyone's trips, which would be really nice!
I agree! As much as I love Disney, I would love to read trip reports for other places.

JillyFish
08-11-2007, 11:09 AM
I voted for #1....."If you build it, they will come!" :rotfl:

ItsmeSunnyV
08-12-2007, 10:04 PM
I think just a travel forum would be great, that way we can talk about all places we travel, not just disney. I could live through all of you who travel tons. :p

jacaluho
08-13-2007, 08:28 PM
I voted for #1 and am hoping people will post lots of trip reports. Makes me feel better to know we aren't the only "Griswold" family. Some of the them on the Dis boards can make me laugh hard! :rotfl: :rotfl:

bs4free
08-13-2007, 08:37 PM
I voted for #1 and am hoping people will post lots of trip reports. Makes me feel better to know we aren't the only "Griswold" family. Some of the them on the Dis boards can make me laugh hard! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Woot! for a "Griswold" Family Vacation! Great Movies!

Trip reports are fun to read! great to live at disney world via the Trip Reports of others!

3dog2kidmom
08-13-2007, 09:17 PM
I have writen your answer to WOOT here http://www.sunshinerewardsforum.com/showthread.php?p=30550#post30550

BTW ME love Disney Sub-Forums! with a Side of Cola!

Thank you for the definition, Bryan! I feel so OLD when I email with my SIL who is much younger and she uses that all the time too. NOW I will know what she means, LOL! Woot!

bs4free
08-13-2007, 10:10 PM
Thank you for the definition, Bryan! I feel so OLD when I email with my SIL who is much younger and she uses that all the time too. NOW I will know what she means, LOL! Woot!

Your welcome, and i do not think youir that only, I know I feel old, and i am turning 25 this month!

Glad that you can know understand, and use the word WOOT! Enjoy the new addition to your vocabulary!

ItsmeSunnyV
08-14-2007, 12:57 AM
Your welcome, and i do not think youir that only, I know I feel old, and i am turning 25 this month!

:eek: Your my age???? YEAHHHHH Another youngster to the group!!!:clap: Now I wont feel alone on game night, when I am too young to guess the movies these girls choose! :rotfl: LOL

bs4free
08-14-2007, 01:01 AM
:eek: Your my age???? YEAHHHHH Another youngster to the group!!!:clap: Now I wont feel alone on game night, when I am too young to guess the movies these girls choose! :rotfl: LOL

Thats ok i can feel alone enough for the both of us!

Only young single guy on SR!:computer:

ItsmeSunnyV
08-14-2007, 01:10 AM
:love: awww....maybe you can check out the Dis match making forum!:love: Then when you find a girl, introduce her to SR, and she'll love all the things you love, DISNEY and SR! :p

bs4free
08-14-2007, 01:26 AM
:love: awww....maybe you can check out the Dis match making forum!:love: Then when you find a girl, introduce her to SR, and she'll love all the things you love, DISNEY and SR! :p

Dis boards has a match making fourm????:confused:

ItsmeSunnyV
08-14-2007, 01:52 AM
Okay well it's not exactly called that, but I've seen single disney lovers that were meeting. LOL...I cant seem to find it now darnit! I was gonna send ya a link. :)

ItsmeSunnyV
08-14-2007, 01:54 AM
Why are you up so late Bryan? It's late here, so I know it's super late there. lol

bs4free
08-14-2007, 02:55 AM
Why are you up so late Bryan? It's late here, so I know it's super late there. lol

No Now its LATE!! :rotfl: You never know when a new paid click, or offer will be posted, or a new post to the fourms. But really I was making a last minute purchase on DisneyShopping.com as the Pin sale ended at 11:59 PST so I had untill 2:59am EST to find another $75 to order to get my free shipping, and discounted pins, and other items! SR is addictive.....

lilianddomsmom
08-14-2007, 04:07 AM
i vote 1 and 4

wilsonfamily4
08-14-2007, 11:06 AM
I voted for a bif travel forum with sub categories BUT if it was just a Disney forum I would still be happy. I was just thinking of how I am planning a Yellowstone/Glacier Park trip for next summer and it would be nice to be able to ak advice here. I will definitely talk about Disney trips most but there are those occasional Non Disney trips that are still fun.

bs4free
08-14-2007, 09:23 PM
Why #1 and #4 were so close, but it seem that choice #4 is now winning!

bs4free
08-14-2007, 09:54 PM
Thanks SunshineGirl,

We have lots and lots of new boards to chat in!!!!

Thank you!

WOOT! WOOT!!!

:cooldance: :sunshine: :cooldance:

Magical JenK
08-14-2007, 10:19 PM
Love the new boards Tricia! SR just keeps growing & growing & growing & growing! Awesome job! You should be proud!!

SunshineGirl
08-14-2007, 10:22 PM
Love the new boards Tricia! SR just keeps growing & growing & growing & growing! Awesome job! You should be proud!!

You all are keeping us on our toes. LOL!

m 'n c
08-14-2007, 11:06 PM
Thank you Tricia. I love the new board selections!!