PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever stay at Coronado Springs?

chocovrdmicears
08-10-2007, 06:12 PM
We are leaving on Sept 12 (:banana: :banana: :banana: ) for our first stay at Coronado Springs. My husband has spoiled us with the past 3 trips and we have stayed at the Polynesian. A deluxe was just not in the budget this year. I truly am just so grateful that we were even able to afford CSR (thanks SR!) but as we get closer I am afraid I am going to miss the Poly. We chose CSR because my son is autistic and this is his first Disney Vacation without a stroller and I read that the bus service was excellent here because they don't share with other resorts. It was a $2000 difference between the two resorts so that is one HUGE postive in favor of CSR. I know my 5 & 4 year olds will have a blast no matter where we stay. It's just me being silly, but...can anyone share some postive experiences about this resort?

Magical JenK
08-10-2007, 07:37 PM
We'll be there at the same time for a couple days!! We're there from the 4th-15th! It's our first time at CSR as well! I've read really great things about there & I'm very much looking forward to it. We've never stayed at the Poly (but some day will!!), but have stayed at POFQ & CBR & enjoyed those mods.

Sorry I can't be of any help regarding CSR, but just wanted to say two Sunshiners will be there at the same time!! :0)

chocovrdmicears
08-10-2007, 07:45 PM
We'll be there at the same time for a couple days!! We're there from the 4th-15th! It's our first time at CSR as well! I've read really great things about there & I'm very much looking forward to it. We've never stayed at the Poly (but some day will!!), but have stayed at POFQ & CBR & enjoyed those mods.

Sorry I can't be of any help regarding CSR, but just wanted to say two Sunshiners will be there at the same time!! :0)

I would LOVE:heart: to meet up with you while we are there!Maybe a margarita poolside! Will you be there with kids?

bs4free
08-10-2007, 07:47 PM
I have not been, But have seen some videos and it looks very nice, has some great places to eat as well, I did here that it is rather large and can involve some distance of walking depending on where your room is!

SunshineGirl
08-10-2007, 07:48 PM
When SG's parents took the whole family before we got married, we stayed there. We had such a terrific time. I don't remember not liking anything about it at all. (and there IS one Dis resort that we stayed at that I was REALLY unhappy with) I know we didn't spend too much time in the room, but it all seemed to have been pretty darn nice. :)

Magical JenK
08-10-2007, 09:11 PM
I would LOVE:heart: to meet up with you while we are there!Maybe a margarita poolside! Will you be there with kids?

That would be fun! We are going to MNSSHP on the 14th & I don't want to take up your first day, so maybe your 2nd day/night?? Margaritas would be great! No, no kids, just me & DH....who is a 32 year old kid, espeically at Disney!! :p

chipndale
08-12-2007, 01:22 AM
In the moderates we have stayed at POR, POFQ, and CSR. Just this last April, we stayed at Pop. We typically have an annual pass so we tend to stay at the resort that has the AP discount. Out of the 4 resorts, I can say that my whole family has one strong favorite - CSR. When I first booked CSR, my father was worried that he would not like it at all esp since he doesn't like hot, spicy, Mexican food. On our last trip we left the Animal Kingdom and went to the Pepper Market to eat (my dads request):rotfl: IMO the Pepper Market has a much better system of paying for your food than the other food courts. At the Pepper Market, you receive a card and you take the card to any of the various stations and have it stamped with what you "purchase." However, instead of standing in a long line with your food tray and trying to pay for it, you simply walk to your table and eat your food. If you decide you are not full and you want more of something or a cookie or ice cream to satisfy your sweet tooth, all you do is walk back up and get what you want. They will stamp your card with the additional food. When everyone is done in your party, you get up and pay the bill. The big benefits for us was only having to stand in line one time and not having to try to manage 2 children and your food.

As far as size of the resort - Yes, it is very large. I would recommend that you fax a request and ask to be in either the casitas or cabanas. The ranchos are very far away from the food court and bus transportation. I agree that the bus service to the parks is fantastic. The bus were rarly full and we never really waited for a bus in the evening even after watching the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom.

If you haven't check out Buzz web site I would highly recommend it. Here is the link http://coronado_springs.tripod.com/

If you have any more question feel free to PM me. Enjoy your stay!

bs4free
08-12-2007, 01:26 AM
If you haven't check out Buzz web site I would highly recommend it. Here is the link http://coronado_springs.tripod.com/
!

Wow Great Site! Its much better then the one video i saw on Inside The Magic! Great detail! THANK YOU!

llgray16
08-12-2007, 09:28 AM
Don't worry, I'm sure you will enjoy it. I have never stayed at CSR but I have visited and it is beautiful. As from going from the Poly to another resort you will be fine! Our first trip with my boys was to the Poly and we LOVED it. My next trip was to POP and I had a blast. Since then we have been to OKW and back to POP. POFQ is just 41 days away :cooldance: I haven't had a bad experience at any of them yet. They all offer their own special feel. I lOVE the Poly but I can't justify $300+ a night, especially when we go to WDW so often anymore!

As for you son, my son is also in the spectrum (he is diagnosed as PDD-NOS.) What is it specifically that you are trying to avoid with him? We no longer use a stroller with him except sometimes at Epcot and then we jsut rent one of those double ones. My son is a great kid ususally but he just lights up when we go to WDW!

Have a great trip! I can't wait to hear about it when you get back :)

chocovrdmicears
08-12-2007, 09:37 PM
As for you son, my son is also in the spectrum (he is diagnosed as PDD-NOS.) What is it specifically that you are trying to avoid with him? We no longer use a stroller with him except sometimes at Epcot and then we jsut rent one of those double ones. My son is a great kid ususally but he just lights up when we go to WDW!

Have a great trip! I can't wait to hear about it when you get back :)

Liam was also diagnosed with PDD. Thanks to a couple of years of great therapy and a wonderful special ed program he has come a LONG way! He still has a few minor meltdowns and his speech is delayed. HE absolutely lights up at Disney too! This time last year he was pretty much nonverbal.We were heading to Disney last Sept and i remember praying that something on the vacation would inspire him to speak. Now here we are 1 year later and he told me today he was 'goin on a plane to see Mickey Mouse'. :cooldance: He thrives on the stimulation at Disney...but when he is done, he is DONE! Our concern was the transportation. We were blessed with the monorail access at the Poly. So our concern was his inability to wait in lines or deal with super crowded buses often. We leave the parks every day for downtime to swim in the pool and relax in the room. We are nervous being dependent on the bus system. It's all about timing for him.
It sounds like a wonderful resort and I thank you for all the positive words. :hugs: I know we are going to have a great time! And I will give a full report when we get back.

chocovrdmicears
08-12-2007, 09:42 PM
That would be fun! We are going to MNSSHP on the 14th & I don't want to take up your first day, so maybe your 2nd day/night?? Margaritas would be great! No, no kids, just me & DH....who is a 32 year old kid, espeically at Disney!! :p

That sounds great..Maybe Tricia can send us each a Sunshine Pin so we can easily identify ourselves. I really don't want to have to come up with a Secret Sunshine handshake or something. :rotfl:

bs4free
08-12-2007, 10:06 PM
That sounds great..Maybe Tricia can send us each a Sunshine Pin so we can easily identify ourselves. I really don't want to have to come up with a Secret Sunshine handshake or something. :rotfl:

A Secret Sunchine Handshake Cool, What is it!

BTW I will be at MNSSHP on 9/14 as well!

wilsonfamily4
08-15-2007, 03:25 PM
I think this was the resort that got ranked as one of the best hotel pools this summer in some magazine I was reading. I think that is a great draw for me now

Joni
08-15-2007, 04:31 PM
I was just there in May for a conference and LOVED it. Let me see if I can dig up some pictures tonight for you!

llgray16
08-16-2007, 05:31 AM
Liam was also diagnosed with PDD. Thanks to a couple of years of great therapy and a wonderful special ed program he has come a LONG way! He still has a few minor meltdowns and his speech is delayed. HE absolutely lights up at Disney too! This time last year he was pretty much nonverbal.We were heading to Disney last Sept and i remember praying that something on the vacation would inspire him to speak. Now here we are 1 year later and he told me today he was 'goin on a plane to see Mickey Mouse'. :cooldance: He thrives on the stimulation at Disney...but when he is done, he is DONE! Our concern was the transportation. We were blessed with the monorail access at the Poly. So our concern was his inability to wait in lines or deal with super crowded buses often. We leave the parks every day for downtime to swim in the pool and relax in the room. We are nervous being dependent on the bus system. It's all about timing for him.
It sounds like a wonderful resort and I thank you for all the positive words. :hugs: I know we are going to have a great time! And I will give a full report when we get back.

He sounds alot like my son Gannon. Gannon was diagnosed when he was 3 1/2. He was pretty much non-verbal at that time. Thanks to wonderful therapy/other intervention services he is doing great. He still struggles with verbal communication and social interactions (he'll never be the most outgoing kid in the class.)

I wouldn't worry too much about the transportation. You are still going in a pretty slow period. Mid-afternoon breaks are great. I always carry something to occupy the kids at the bus stop so that they don't get too uptight waiting for the bus. Does Liam like to stim off of things like lights at all? I find that Gannon really tends to relax in stressful situations (like crowded busses) when I have something with blinking/flashing lights.

Have a wonderful trip! I can't wait to hear about it when you get back :sunshine: