PDA

View Full Version : Rainforest Cafe - $1.99 kids meals?

fourfoxesinpa
01-28-2009, 12:15 PM
Does anyone here know if the RFC at DTD or AK offer a kids' night with cheaper meals? Some Orlando websites mentioned a Wednesday night special but they were from 2008 and I don't know if the special is still going on or if it was for both locations.

There are some coupons on eBay for $2.99 kids' meal (including a drink), so if there's no weekly kids' special, I'm going to pick up a couple of those to stretch those Landry gift cards ever further. :D

ETA: Oh nevermind - they meant Orange County, CA in the article, not FL. Oh well, I'll get some coupons at eBay!

fourfoxesinpa
01-28-2009, 06:46 PM
I thought this was a pretty good deal. Bought 2 kids' meal coupons on eBay for 2.75 each, and it includes their drink. I looked at their menu and the kids' meals start at 6.99 and drinks are 1.99, so instead of spending at least $18, I only paid $5.50. That leaves extra money on the Landry gift card for some extra drinks or a Volcano!

Pooh's Pal
01-28-2009, 08:01 PM
Jamie, congrats on that Ebay score, I love deals like this. BUT, be careful, read the details on the coupons when you get them. You may only be able to use one coupon per visit, or one kid meal coupon with a purchase of an adult entree...or something along those lines.
If this is so...ask for a separate check...you and one child, hubby and the other...use a coupon with each check.
Working in the restaurant business, we offer coupons all the time and it's the only way we can take two coupons from one table/one check...our computers are set up to only allow one coupon per check.

So, read that fine print on the bottom/back of the coupon and have a great time there.

fourfoxesinpa
01-28-2009, 08:20 PM
Jamie, congrats on that Ebay score, I love deals like this. BUT, be careful, read the details on the coupons when you get them. You may only be able to use one coupon per visit, or one kid meal coupon with a purchase of an adult entree...or something along those lines.
If this is so...ask for a separate check...you and one child, hubby and the other...use a coupon with each check.
Working in the restaurant business, we offer coupons all the time and it's the only way we can take two coupons from one table/one check...our computers are set up to only allow one coupon per check.

So, read that fine print on the bottom/back of the coupon and have a great time there.

Thanks - I'll be sure to present the coupons up front just in case they need to ring up two checks. :cooldance: