PDA

View Full Version : Distract me!

Hedy
08-13-2007, 03:09 PM
I got the e-mail about the Disney Visa code, but can't see if I can use it on my December trip until I get home tonight (even if I can't, it'll at least help me make up my mind where we're staying). So I have 3 hours plus until I can call CRO (luckily, Mom is out tonight so I can run home and grab the phone).
Distract me! :)

It would be really awesome if I could get something-I'd had a less than stellar week: my cell phone broke, then I lost my camera, then we went to see David Beckham play last night and he didn't play. :sunshine2: :sunshine2:

LuvMyBoys
08-13-2007, 03:31 PM
Where are you thinking about staying? Do you already have your ADR's? Are you doing the DDP? :)

bs4free
08-13-2007, 04:00 PM
Since your going in December have you thought about a MVMCP or a Candlelight Percesional!

Hedy
08-13-2007, 04:04 PM
At present, I have r/o reservations at both WL and Dolphin. I'm not doing the DDP because as my mom is only coming for part of the time, I'd be paying for the whole time for her (although if I can get a good enough discount, I'm willing to indulge in some fuzzy WDW math and book it). I have ADR's at Le Cellier (the night my mom arrives), Boma dinner, and 1900 Park Fare for our last breakfast.
I'm planning on doing MVMCP, but I'm holding off on getting my ticket until I'm sure I'm going, as they're not refunable.

bs4free
08-13-2007, 04:06 PM
I am glad you already have a Le Cellier ADR they seem to be very hard to get! YUMMY!!!!!

LuvMyBoys
08-13-2007, 04:07 PM
At present, I have r/o reservations at both WL and Dolphin. I'm not doing the DDP because as my mom is only coming for part of the time, I'd be paying for the whole time for her (although if I can get a good enough discount, I'm willing to indulge in some fuzzy WDW math and book it). I have ADR's at Le Cellier (the night my mom arrives), Boma dinner, and 1900 Park Fare for our last breakfast.
I'm planning on doing MVMCP, but I'm holding off on getting my ticket until I'm sure I'm going, as they're not refunable.

Sounds like a fun trip!! We had lunch at Le Cellier, it's a nice experience. I would love to do Boma for dinner, I worry though that my husband and boys would find it too different. They can be picky when they want to be. :)

Have you ever gone in December before? We went for Christmas a few years ago and I really remember it being like high 40's in the evenings and everyone was all bundled up and complaining about the cold. We're from Michigan so we thought it was so funny!! :sunshine2:

Hedy
08-13-2007, 04:33 PM
Sounds like a fun trip!! We had lunch at Le Cellier, it's a nice experience. I would love to do Boma for dinner, I worry though that my husband and boys would find it too different. They can be picky when they want to be. :)

Have you ever gone in December before? We went for Christmas a few years ago and I really remember it being like high 40's in the evenings and everyone was all bundled up and complaining about the cold. We're from Michigan so we thought it was so funny!! :sunshine2:

We went the week after Xmas 11 years ago. We're from MA, so we thought the weather was great.

SunshineGirl
08-13-2007, 04:44 PM
You're making me miss WDW with all of this talk. ACCKKKK!!! I can't wait to go back!! LOL!

bs4free
08-13-2007, 04:48 PM
You're making me miss WDW with all of this talk. ACCKKKK!!! I can't wait to go back!! LOL!

Well it looks like we have some great AAA and Disney Visa Holder discounts for booking right now!

You need another trip to Disney! To reaseach a SR grand gathering or SR cruise or better yet an SR FEST!:sunshine: :angel: :sunshine2:

Hedy
08-13-2007, 04:51 PM

:( Are you guys at VWL? Is Cindy coming?

bbangel
08-13-2007, 04:54 PM
Don't you love fuzzy Disney math?
I justified a whole trip because of an email they sent with such a great room rate. Then I decided that in the long run it would be better if I bought DVC :rotfl:

SunshineGirl
08-13-2007, 04:59 PM
:( Are you guys at VWL? Is Cindy coming?

We're at VWL Oct 23-28 or something like that. Cindy will be there for the first day (Sunday) and we'll be at MNSSHP that night. We were treating my sister, her husband, and their kids as well until she freaked out at 4th of July and hasn't apologized since. So our big family trip is now kind of a small family trip. :( But it's still WDW. I'm just like a little kid waiting to go. I swear we talk about it every single night at dinner.

bs4free
08-13-2007, 05:07 PM
But it's still WDW. I'm just like a little kid waiting to go. I swear we talk about it every single night at dinner.

I think that is very common place!:sunshine:

After starting to plan a disney vacation it seems that every single night at some point dinner conversation our trip to wdw, and disney will come up!:sunshine:

Hedy
08-13-2007, 05:09 PM
We're at VWL Oct 23-28 or something like that. Cindy will be there for the first day (Sunday) and we'll be at MNSSHP that night. We were treating my sister, her husband, and their kids as well until she freaked out at 4th of July and hasn't apologized since. So our big family trip is now kind of a small family trip. :( But it's still WDW. I'm just like a little kid waiting to go. I swear we talk about it every single night at dinner.

:hugs: re your sister.

When going on my college spring break trip last year, I may or may not have been racing around the house yelling that I was going to WDW. I am a grown up :).

arob414
08-13-2007, 06:11 PM
My sister is IN WDW as we "speak". She took her four kids, SIL and one daughter's boyfriend. They are staying off site at a rental they got for $142/night. Five br, pool and hot top. One br is king suite, another is queen suite.

I would love to use the Disney Visa code but school started back, today, and I don't think we can fit it in.:(

SunshineGirl
08-13-2007, 06:59 PM
When going on my college spring break trip last year, I may or may not have been racing around the house yelling that I was going to WDW. I am a grown up :).

Yes, yea. Um....me, too. Yeah. I wouldn't EVER do anything like that.

bbangel
08-13-2007, 07:06 PM
I guess I shouldn't report what I did while at work on Monday when I learned my DVC had closed.

bs4free
08-13-2007, 07:09 PM
I guess I shouldn't report what I did while at work on Monday when I learned my DVC had closed.

Come on you are teasing me! What did you do while at work on Monday (Today?) when you had learned that your DVC had closed?

bbangel
08-13-2007, 07:14 PM
Come on you are teasing me! What did you do while at work on Monday (Today?) when you had learned that your DVC had closed?

Last Monday. And I don't want to risk another tag but I shared my joy with everyone in earshot.

Hedy
08-13-2007, 07:15 PM
No luck w/WL, but there was such a kickin' rate at POFQ that we're staying there. :)

bbangel
08-13-2007, 07:17 PM
No luck w/WL, but there was such a kickin' rate at POFQ that we're staying there. :)

Woohooo! :cooldance:

bs4free
08-13-2007, 07:43 PM
Last Monday. And I don't want to risk another tag but I shared my joy with everyone in earshot.

Come on you have two tags already, how did you express your joy to everyone with in earshot! I think you tag safe!

Glad you got a Kickin; rate at pofq your going to have a fun trip! WOOT! time to continue the planning and have a great christmas trip to WDW!

llgray16
08-13-2007, 08:39 PM

:cooldance:

Glad you got something you would be happy with. We will be at POFQ fo rthe first time in 40 days!!!

I told DH about the code today and he stated emphatically that I am not allowed to take the boys to WDW for a 3rd trip this year. I started with the "but Honey, I have almost $200 in my Sunshine Rewards account :) " He just looked at me and said "NO!" Oh well, I tried!

bs4free
08-13-2007, 08:41 PM
:cooldance:

Glad you got something you would be happy with. We will be at POFQ fo rthe first time in 40 days!!!

I told DH about the code today and he stated emphatically that I am not allowed to take the boys to WDW for a 3rd trip this year. I started with the "but Honey, I have almost $200 in my Sunshine Rewards account :) " He just looked at me and said "NO!" Oh well, I tried!

Oh, Well, Nice try with the we have the $200 to book with from SR!!!

:sunshine: