PDA

View Full Version : Stupid question, I know...

jacaluho
08-13-2007, 08:45 PM
but does anyone not buy rain ponchos?!? I have only been twice and it didn't rain those times. Never been in August and I am wondering are they more trouble than they are worth? Can't you just duck in a store or something? Do they really keep you that dry? :confused: Thanks.

bs4free
08-13-2007, 08:49 PM
I usualy bring the $1.00 or less rain ponchos from home But did not use it most of the time in the rain, we just hurred and went into the next building or store to wait it out!

I would buy a mickey one if i had the need in a heartbeat! just to have on! Infact i might just buy it for a suvinear this time!

llgray16
08-13-2007, 08:50 PM
We always take the ponchos from the dollar store with us. They are really compact and lightweight. Plus at 2 for a $1, we just throw them away after each rain storm. We usually come home with a few extra and save them for the next trip.

Expect an afternoon storm pretty much every afternoon in August. And they can really soak you!!! We will be packing plenty for our Sept. trip!

m 'n c
08-13-2007, 08:55 PM
We went in sept and we needed a poncho every day. You can never predict when it will start raining on you and for how long. My bf borrowed the mickey ponchos from his nieces so we didn't have to buy any. If we didn't have those we would have hit up dollar tree for some ponchos to bring.

linanglab
08-13-2007, 09:01 PM
We never buy ponchos. We go in the summer when it rains every afternoon. We just go inside or use a mini umbrella. I don't want to carry a wet poncho around afterward. But I saw a TON of people with ponchos when we went this summer.

Angela

3dog2kidmom
08-13-2007, 09:04 PM
We took the cheap dollar store ponchos in June and were glad to have them. It only rained one afternoon, and we had them for Kali at AK. They didn't take up much room at all. Next time I may just use one for splash mountain, too!

Soccer Princess
08-13-2007, 09:44 PM
we get the 2 packs from the dollar store as well. we just toss them when we are done with them. some trips i have to use one a day, some trips none at all. it is good having them just in case, so i don't have to shell out $6 or however much they are if we need one. :)

Kycha
08-13-2007, 10:43 PM
We went in sept and we needed a poncho every day. You can never predict when it will start raining on you and for how long. My bf borrowed the mickey ponchos from his nieces so we didn't have to buy any. If we didn't have those we would have hit up dollar tree for some ponchos to bring.

We have been at WDW for the last 3 Septembers and believe it or not, we have not been rained on yet. We have seen evidence that it rained while we were there. Like we walked out of Mickey's Philharmagic one time and were like why is the ground all wet and those people wearing ponchos?:rotfl:We were only in there for 20 minutes! That is the great thing about Florida weather. The storms don't usually last long. Then the sun comes right out again.

So, we don't even bother with ponchos. We just take our chances and have been lucky so far. But, then again, I am not afraid to get wet(or drenched for that matter) because the sun will dry me right up afterwards.

jacaluho
08-14-2007, 08:53 AM
But, then again, I am not afraid to get wet(or drenched for that matter) because the sun will dry me right up afterwards.

I'll be really honest, I am afraid to get wet! :rotfl: I don't know if any of you watch Friends, but did you see the one in Barbados where Monica's hair gets all big and frizzy? That is what my hair looks like when it gets wet and then the sun comes out and dries it. Little kids will run away in fear! :rotfl: