PDA

View Full Version : IE 7 Reset Option ?

StitchandPooh'smom
02-11-2009, 02:25 PM
I have been having trouble with IE 7 freezing up, so I reset my settings per the Microsoft website. Does anyone know if I need to change anything from the default to make sure things are tracked on SR? I did go in and change cookie settings to allow session cookies, and the default was to allow first and third party cookies anyway. Has anyone else done the reset and had to change anything from the default settings?

Thanks very much!

fourfoxesinpa
02-11-2009, 02:32 PM
I was having a LOT of trouble with my IE7 locking up (not responding) - almost every offer, I'd click on one of the silver level and that would be it. I'd have to restart IE and then put the offer in pending. I saw a note from Gay and Debbie about using Firefox for offers. Since I installed it yesterday, I've had at least 5 offers credit that I had given up on. I don't know why IE is locking up so much...I'm wondering if it's something to do with Vista? I'm not really techie so I can't give you any help but just thought I'd let you know you're not the only one that's had trouble with the IE7.

PSL1013
02-11-2009, 02:58 PM
I don't know what to tell you about the settings but I did want to say that I have IE7 using Vista and I've had no problems with it freezing up but I also don't have much luck with offers crediting? I tried Firefox on a couple of offers that you have said you got credit for and I did not? I'm stumped trying to figure this all out! :(

StitchandPooh'smom
02-11-2009, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the tips! I'm not sure I solved the problem by doing the reset, because I did it and still lock up (like trying to go to Facebook). I send Microsoft the error report, then get the same "Reset IE 7" help message. I'm not sure it did any good. I still have XP, so it is not just a Vista thing.

I should probably try something that credits on the hour to make sure everything works OK. I don't want to miss out on credits!

Thanks for the advice! :sunshine:

julie007
02-12-2009, 09:12 AM
Oh I am so glad it is not just me. I was afraid to say something on here for fear of the dreaded "you are not supposed to ask questions about what is going on" "due to trying to make offers work" type of thing. It has nothing to do with that. I just wanted to make sure something wasn't going on with my computer that needed attention. But seems everytime someone asks a question anything around getting credits it ends up with this answer.

I also am getting the IE not responding and not just on here all over the place as well. I have tried Firefox also but still not much luck with credits either. So I think those who are getting them it has nothing to do with that personally. Just my opinion though.

;)

SunshineGirl
02-12-2009, 09:48 AM
I'm using IE7 and haven't had any problems. I wonder if maybe there was some kind of security patch or something that not everyone got?

StitchandPooh'smom
02-12-2009, 09:49 AM
My OTX did credit last night, so I guess the settings for the reset are OK. The only things I changed were to allow session cookies and to delete temporary internet files when the browser closes. I don't do a lot of offers, so I can't help with that, but it appears the cookies are tracking fine for the OTX survey. DS is tracked by user ID, so I hope it credits OK today. Guess I need to do some shopping to make sure that works too! :rotfl:

fourfoxesinpa
02-12-2009, 09:54 AM
I'm using IE7 and haven't had any problems. I wonder if maybe there was some kind of security patch or something that not everyone got?

Yeah, this is really puzzling because my laptop is only 8 or 9 weeks old and came with the IE7. Since I got it, there was 1 recommended security update that I installed. I tried googling "not responding" and IE7 and saw a lot of hits - maybe that's why Microsoft is quickly trying to get IE8 up and running. Out of curiosity, has anyone used the Google Chrome browser for surveys/offers? My kids keep telling me that it's "the" browser to use - kids always seem to have a way with the technology but I don't know a thing about it.

sunshinecindy
02-12-2009, 10:09 AM
Yeah, this is really puzzling because my laptop is only 8 or 9 weeks old and came with the IE7. Since I got it, there was 1 recommended security update that I installed. I tried googling "not responding" and IE7 and saw a lot of hits - maybe that's why Microsoft is quickly trying to get IE8 up and running. Out of curiosity, has anyone used the Google Chrome browser for surveys/offers? My kids keep telling me that it's "the" browser to use - kids always seem to have a way with the technology but I don't know a thing about it.

I use Google for some of my stuff online and like it, though not sure how it does with credits. I do think its more secure then IE and use it when I do anything financial. It seems to block a lot of stuff though and it automatically blocks pop ups and there is no way that I can see to shut that off. That seems to be a big problem I've seen when researching it. It does tell you and gives you the option to pull up the pop up, but it doesn't do it automatically.

jnorth1007
02-12-2009, 11:39 AM
I also use IE7 with Vista and SR and I don't have issues with it locking up. Amazes me everytime when some people have issues with things and others don't. Really makes you realize just how unreliable computers can be in the end LOL. Hopefully everyone gets this figured out.