PDA

View Full Version : New Trouble Ticket System

SunshineGirl
05-10-2007, 07:33 PM
Here is an email that will be going out later tonight or early tomorrow. I want to go ahead and put it out there so that people can immediately come to the forum to ask questions or share concerns. It's kind of a big change for us in a couple of ways, but one that I think will help a lot of people get their credits a lot faster and will help us manage our relations with our advertisers better. It may take a little getting used to at first because it is more structured than our old system. But we have been moving toward it gradually.

New Trouble Ticket System

Earlier this week we notified you about the first of two parts of a major upgrade to the way that we track and dispute offers at Sunshine Rewards--the new pending offers page. We are pleased to announce that we have finished the second phase--the Trouble Tickets.

Effective tomorrow, you will see a new look to the Trouble Tickets. You will now have a "Request Credit" option that allows you to request credit for any merchant or offer that you have clicked on between 7 and 30 days ago. In addition, you will be given specific prompts for the exact information that we need to dispute your credit, including the date, email address used, and email confirmation with headers. Because it is unlikely that we will be able to get any credits once 90 days have passed, all disputes will automatically close after 90 days have passed.

How will this help you? Because you will see exactly what we need from you to file the dispute, you will be able to get the necessary information to us faster. In addition, because we will be getting the important information from you in the precise timeframe that our advertisers have requested, you will have a better chance of getting your credits. You will also be able to see the day that we submit your dispute to the merchant. Finally, because the process will be streamlined, it will help us take care of the backlog of trouble tickets and get your disputes filed faster.

One important thing to note that we have mentioned before is that we are unable to dispute credits where 1) we cannot prove that you clicked on our link on the date that you made the transaction, 2) you did not have to pay anything for the survey, freebie, or contest, or 3) you have cancelled a paid trial so quickly that the advertiser sees no value in the transaction. These are restrictions placed by the advertisers, not us.
If you have any suggestions for further enhancements to the system or would like to ask questions or chat about it, please visit us in the forum.

mom2dea
05-11-2007, 12:54 PM
What about trouble tickets that are already opened ? What will happen to those ?

Sarah M

SunshineGirl
05-11-2007, 01:17 PM
They will continue just as they are. You'll still see them in your "open" or "pending" places in the Trouble Ticket area. :)

Alice28
05-11-2007, 01:28 PM
Thanks Tricia! I think I only have one trouble ticket open now, thanks to your hard work last week. Thank you!

I am going to wait another 4-5 days with this DMC offer I did on May 4th. I see the hold on my credit card, but it hasn't been charged yet, and the movies have not shipped yet. So I want to wait so I don't send you on a useless endeavor. AND they never sent me a verification email, but I can see I am a member. Weirdos.

mom2dea
05-11-2007, 01:40 PM
Thanks :) BTW if one has been open sence Feb is there no hope ? lol Its a trouble ticket about Nascar (a few days befor the pulled the offer) and Music ect . Thanks

Sarah M

SunshineGirl
05-11-2007, 01:54 PM
Grrrr....Nascar. We were getting credits on those SO well. Then all of a sudden they completely stopped crediting us. Of course, we had about 25 people sign up before I realized that they were not crediting us any more. I emailed all of the confirmations to the advertiser. He said that he would look into them. A month later, he was gone. We lost about $750 on that offer. :mad:

I'm not sure about Music etc. That is one that they have not closed out completely yet.

mom2dea
05-11-2007, 02:10 PM
Grrrr....Nascar. We were getting credits on those SO well. Then all of a sudden they completely stopped crediting us. Of course, we had about 25 people sign up before I realized that they were not crediting us any more. I emailed all of the confirmations to the advertiser. He said that he would look into them. A month later, he was gone. We lost about $750 on that offer. :mad:

I'm not sure about Music etc. That is one that they have not closed out completely yet.

WOW about nascar cause I just canceled them a few days ago finally :( Music ect don't understand that one . hmmmm I even paid for there one month thing too and then canceled cause Dh didn't like it as much as other sites .

Thanks agian for trying :)

Sarah M

lurkyloo
05-11-2007, 02:44 PM
They will continue just as they are. You'll still see them in your "open" or "pending" places in the Trouble Ticket area. :)

OK, so do our already-open trouble tickets also have a 90-day expiration limit? I placed an order with Magazines.com in February and still don't have credit, and my trouble ticket is still pending... Thanks!

SunshineGirl
05-11-2007, 02:56 PM
OK, so do our already-open trouble tickets also have a 90-day expiration limit? I placed an order with Magazines.com in February and still don't have credit, and my trouble ticket is still pending... Thanks!

Those will expire, too, because they have all been filed with the merchants. Once we file the disputes with the merchants, things are pretty much out of our hands. If your order was for 31.95, Magazines.com says that you didn't click through my link. (It's the only magazines.com one that I see in there right now).

Filed 09-MAR-07 Magazines.com, Inc. Sale 06-FEB-07 $31.95 Resolved Transaction Not Referred by Your Affiliate Account

Now, some merchants do take longer than 90 days to resolve the disputes. So people may see credits after the 90 days is up. We just have to get them filed in the 7-30 day period. Then credits can come through even if your trouble ticket has been closed.

One big exception is where we are seeing systematic problems (like what I am seeing with drugstore.com and ebay). Even though we submitted those and were denied, I'm continuing to work with the advertising companies because I do not believe that we were given a fair shake.

lurkyloo
05-11-2007, 04:27 PM
No, my transaction was only for $11.97 with Magazines.com, and I know I clicked thru Sunshine Rewards because it was one of my first-ever purchase through the SS site. It hasn't even shown up as pending in my account history. Very frustrating, because I certainly would have bought the subscription elsewhere if it weren't for the points.

Also, good to know about the troubles with Drugstore.com - I shop with them a lot. Guess I'll have to cut down... :(

jnorth1007
05-11-2007, 04:40 PM
Do we have a chance of getting credit for the Gift Cards purchased the last day they were selling them or is that one of them that is just pretty much out of your hands? I know you said you got most of them resolved but mine wasn't one of them. Thanks!

SunshineGirl
05-11-2007, 04:42 PM
PM me with your SR email address on that magazines.com one so I can figure out why it is not on the report.

As for the gift cards...yes. They did say that they were still crediting those. I have been seeing them approved still. PM me your SR email address and I will see if maybe yours posted but just not to your account for some reason. They usually post them with the userids that I give them when I file the disputes, but every once in again a credit will just get added to our account and it won't make it to the person who I filed it for.