PDA

View Full Version : Quick Service Plan ???s

ligrumpygirl
02-14-2009, 10:51 PM
Just a few questions for a friend...

My friends are going in July for 2 weeks (2 seperate DVC reservations). They are getting the quick service plan for the week they are staying in a studio. Are their tickets at all linked to their dining plan?? They are buying ten day tickets so they don't want them on their room keys.

Also, can Dad go buy the meals with just his card? Or do you need all the cards? Are all the meals available on all cards? (yes I am getting confusing). Meaning..if Dad and son are at MGM having lunch can Mom and daughters be at MK both using the meal plan?

I will probably have more questions for them...they don't want to post on that other board - too many people yelling rules and regulations there (and my friends are breaking any rules that we know of so don't worry there!)

eaglesdare
02-15-2009, 09:33 AM
i am so not an expert on anything, but, i am pretty sure all the tickets will have the meal plan on them. i know when we split up, hubby can use meal plan on his card, while i can also somewhere else. so that should not be an issue.

i do not believe the tickets are linked to meal plan. meal plan as i understand it, is linked to the number of days stay, not the number of days of tickets.

JillyFish
02-15-2009, 10:17 AM
Just a few questions for a friend...

My friends are going in July for 2 weeks (2 seperate DVC reservations). They are getting the quick service plan for the week they are staying in a studio. Are their tickets at all linked to their dining plan?? They are buying ten day tickets so they don't want them on their room keys.

Also, can Dad go buy the meals with just his card? Or do you need all the cards? Are all the meals available on all cards? (yes I am getting confusing). Meaning..if Dad and son are at MGM having lunch can Mom and daughters be at MK both using the meal plan?

I will probably have more questions for them...they don't want to post on that other board - too many people yelling rules and regulations there (and my friends are breaking any rules that we know of so don't worry there!)

i am so not an expert on anything, but, i am pretty sure all the tickets will have the meal plan on them. i know when we split up, hubby can use meal plan on his card, while i can also somewhere else. so that should not be an issue.

i do not believe the tickets are linked to meal plan. meal plan as i understand it, is linked to the number of days stay, not the number of days of tickets.

Your dining plan is linked to all tickets. So you could split up and everyone would still be able to use the plan. And conversely, if you are all eating together, all your credits can be taken off of one party member's card. You don't need to show everyone's card.

I would say though, if you are going to be splitting up and using different cards, that at the end of the day it would be wise to check your receipts so you know how many credits you have left. Or let everyone know how many credits they are allowed to use for the day.....just so you don't get caught at the end of your trip with less credits than you thought because someone used more than they should. KWIM?

And yes, dining credits are tied to how many nights are in your package.....and you have until midnight of the day you check out to use them.

Hope that helps!

Magical JenK
02-15-2009, 02:45 PM
They are buying ten day tickets so they don't want them on their room keys.

I'm not sure I understand this part....is it because they have two separate DVC ressies? Are they buying the tickets from some place other than Disney?

The dining plan will be on the room keys, as it's not like the dining plan has it's own ticket/card. So for each DVC ressie, their room keys will have the number of nights of that ressie worth of dining plan. If there are children AND adults on the dining plan it will probably say how many children credits & how many adult credits...if all adults, it will just say how many credits. Also, if there are children credits AND adult credits, they will need to use one of the adult room keys to purchase adult meals.

As others have stated, yes, Dad can be in one park & Mom in another each using their own room key to use the dining plan...nothing wrong there. As for rules, I think they're safe in not breaking any.

ligrumpygirl
02-15-2009, 07:01 PM
I'm not sure I understand this part....is it because they have two separate DVC ressies? Are they buying the tickets from some place other than Disney?

I believe they are buying them from Disney but yes it is because they will be at WDW for Sun-Fr, then off site for the weekend, and back to WDW for Sun-Fri. Which reminds me, off to look for a SR site with tickets? Don't we have one??

pbhall13
02-15-2009, 09:35 PM
Yes we do Janet.
DWTickets I have used them before. Also think I am going to order my sisters ticket thru them in the next week or so (thankfully the girls and I have our AP's!! )

Pooh's Pal
02-16-2009, 01:45 AM
Yes, whatever meal plan they choose...will be on their room keys, it will be available on ALL room keys for anyone in the room to use.

Their 10 day tickets will be a separate ticket....I'm assuming purchased from DW tickets. UndercoverTourist or another ticket broker.

I always do the same thing...have separate park tickets and the meals on my room keys when I stay at a DVC resort. (and remind them..although, I'm sure they know that they pay for their meal plan upon check-in under a DVC reservation)

Good luck in the planning for them, it's almost as much fun as planning your own trips....almost!

Pooh's Pal
05-23-2009, 03:48 AM
There is an incredible deal on AllEarsNet.com on a 10 day NON exp. park hopper with water parks right now, must be purchased by end of June, I beleive.