PDA

View Full Version : I saw the JoBro in NYC!

fourfoxesinpa
02-17-2009, 10:04 AM
Had a GREAT weekend in NYC with DH's college friends. 15 of us. Ate a lot, walked a lot, laughed a lot, etc. etc. Won't bore you with details but thought I'd share a fun story.

We were walking from Times Square back to our friend's apartment on the Upper West side. We were walking up Broadway when our friend decided we should cut over and walk alongside Central Park - it was a beautiful, sunny late afternoon.

We came to the park and the Trump hotel was right there. A crowd of young girls was gathered at the hotel steps and I knew immediately why they were there. The Jonas Brothers were in town - they did David Letterman on Friday and Sat. Night Live. And I figured they were staying at the Trump.

There was no way I could have come home to face my daughter, tell her that I knew where the Jonas Brothers were but I didn't stick around for a picture. So, we waited. And waited. About 1 1/4 hour until they finally came out, walked down the steps, did some waving and autograph signing and got into their car.

We were maybe 10 people back in line so got a glimpse of them on the steps but once they were ground level, they were out of view. I planned on taking a picture but couldn't see my view finder to tell if they were in sight. Then I remembered my camera has video and I was able to hold up my camera and shoot some footage of them.

I am going to try to figure out how to put it on YouTube (er...I mean, I'm going to ask my son to show me how to do it) and when I get it up, I'll post the link.

But the best part of the experience is that I've been elevated to some SuperMomStatus in my daughter's eyes. Now THAT is awesome!

P.S. Oh, and we had breakfast in the same little diner Saturday and Sunday and saw Anne Meara both mornings (for us older SRers, that's Jerry Stiller's wife - for the younger ones, that's Ben Stiller's mom).

Hedy
02-17-2009, 10:09 AM
Holy cow that's awesome.

missangie
02-17-2009, 12:27 PM
You never know who you will see in NYC! I once ran into Al Roker in the hall. This was before his much thinner body. I was walking head down and ran right into him, oops! He was very nice. BUT not nearly as exciting as the Jonas Bros! You are Super MOM!

~Kathie
02-17-2009, 01:39 PM
The same thing happened to DH and I in August. We were walking back to our hotel from Central Park and went by Trump Towers. The JB bus was out in front along with several hundred screaming girls! We watched the boys run out of the hotel and onto the bus. Too fast for us to take a picture.

You never know who you will se in NYC. Anne Meara.......great lady. I love NYC.

Glad you had a nice time. Where did you stay??

fourfoxesinpa
02-17-2009, 02:15 PM
The same thing happened to DH and I in August. We were walking back to our hotel from Central Park and went by Trump Towers. The JB bus was out in front along with several hundred screaming girls! We watched the boys run out of the hotel and onto the bus. Too fast for us to take a picture.

You never know who you will se in NYC. Anne Meara.......great lady. I love NYC.

Glad you had a nice time. Where did you stay??

Our friend's mom has a 4 bedroom apartment on the Upper West Side near 96th and Amsterdam. Some stayed there and the rest stayed around the corner at a Days Inn, which was very reasonably priced and clean. Around $100 a night which, for NYC, is awesome.

That's too funny that you saw the JoBro too! This time they were a little more discrete - they were using a black Escalade SUV to escape in. And a separate van for their luggage. Even the girls screamed when they saw their luggage - there was a jacket hanging on the luggage cart that was recognized from being in a concert or video or somewhere. And the tears, OMG. :cry:

~Kathie
02-17-2009, 10:09 PM
Our friend's mom has a 4 bedroom apartment on the Upper West Side near 96th and Amsterdam. Some stayed there and the rest stayed around the corner at a Days Inn, which was very reasonably priced and clean. Around $100 a night which, for NYC, is awesome.

That's too funny that you saw the JoBro too! This time they were a little more discrete - they were using a black Escalade SUV to escape in. And a separate van for their luggage. Even the girls screamed when they saw their luggage - there was a jacket hanging on the luggage cart that was recognized from being in a concert or video or somewhere. And the tears, OMG. :cry:

Wow....$100 a VERY good deal.

We hung around and chatted with some young fans after the bus pulled away.
They were so excited. The JoBro had been in NYC all week plugging a new album (Today Show etc). The girls were so cute. Yep..the tears could have watered Central Park!

Ahhhhh.......reimnders of the Beatles, Davy Jones and Herman's Hermits. Those were the days. :rotfl:

askomsky
02-18-2009, 08:15 AM
Oh how awesome!!! I think my DD would be MAD at me, bc I saw them and she didn't! lol Then again she's 6 and there's no reasoning with her.

fourfoxesinpa
02-18-2009, 09:24 PM
This isn't the best quality as I shot it with my camera held three feet above my head, but here's my first You Tube video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gi1umS2Iaw