PDA

View Full Version : Got my Disney Gift card... finally

disneyforever
02-20-2009, 07:46 AM
I cashed out December 28th and I just received my card in the mail today.

Money towards my October trip! :banana:

sammielynn
02-20-2009, 08:03 AM
That sure makes me feel better! I was starting to wonder if mine would ever come it's been 5 weeks.

T1nkrules
02-20-2009, 08:12 AM
Mine came yesterday! Saving for our next trip. Thank you SR!!!!!!:sunshine:

lkturner
02-20-2009, 10:01 AM
I feel better too! It's been 5 weeks for me..:)

Breeze88
02-20-2009, 10:07 AM
Is the 5-6 weeks pretty much the average amount of time it takes for the gift cards to come??

SunshineGirl
02-20-2009, 10:24 AM
We have just had an awful time trying to have these cards sent from Disney. And at least once a week, someone reports that they didn't get theirs, when Disney said that they sent it. It's taking us hours every week to track down cards. I think we are going to have to move to a different sytem, although it will mean that we will have to start charging postage for the cards. :(

Breeze88
02-20-2009, 10:51 AM
I'd be willing to pay a postage fee for the cards as long as it was resonable :sunshine:

sunshinecindy
02-20-2009, 11:08 AM
I'd be willing to pay a postage fee for the cards as long as it was resonable :sunshine:

Postage is going up again, so we would need to be able to cover the postage costs, thats really it, we wouldn't add any extra on.

pbhall13
02-20-2009, 11:12 AM
We have just had an awful time trying to have these cards sent from Disney. And at least once a week, someone reports that they didn't get theirs, when Disney said that they sent it. It's taking us hours every week to track down cards. I think we are going to have to move to a different sytem, although it will mean that we will have to start charging postage for the cards. :(

So Tricia...quick question. If we have waited the 4 to 6 weeks and we still haven't rec'd them do we file a TT? I hate having to do that because of the extra work it entails for you guys. But I also don't want to lose out on the giftcards for my upcoming March trip.

I for one wouldn't mind paying a little postage if that means we can get the giftcards in the time manner that we use to...when you sent them out they were always rec'd within 4 weeks *usually 2!

Thanks for any help....not wanting to be a nervous nilly, but I am entering 6 week timeframe so thought I would check with this thread.

thanks so much

sammielynn
02-20-2009, 11:32 AM
I agree, I don't like getting the cards directly from Disney. I would rather pay and know that they are in the mail instead of stalking the mailman for 6 weeks.

lkturner
02-20-2009, 11:46 AM
I agree, I don't like getting the cards directly from Disney. I would rather pay and know that they are in the mail instead of stalking the mailman for 6 weeks.

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one 'Stalking the Mailman'!! :)
I just hate looking forward to the mail, and nothing being there but my tax bills

jl8595
02-20-2009, 12:02 PM
I for one wouldn't mind paying a little postage if that means we can get the giftcards in the time manner that we use to...when you sent them out they were always rec'd within 4 weeks *usually 2!

This is exactly how I feel too. Happy to pay the postage fee to get them faster and more reliably. I'll support whatever decision is best for your business model though.

sunshinecindy
02-20-2009, 12:07 PM
So Tricia...quick question. If we have waited the 4 to 6 weeks and we still haven't rec'd them do we file a TT? I hate having to do that because of the extra work it entails for you guys. But I also don't want to lose out on the giftcards for my upcoming March trip.

Thanks for any help....not wanting to be a nervous nilly, but I am entering 6 week timeframe so thought I would check with this thread.

thanks so much

If you have not received ANY gift card after 6 weeks, open a TT.

pbhall13
02-20-2009, 12:56 PM
If you have not received ANY gift card after 6 weeks, open a TT.

thanks Cindy!

linanglab
02-20-2009, 06:08 PM
Haven't gone to the PO today yet....hoping mine is in there! Cannot wait to pay off my trip! Thanks SR!

askomsky
02-20-2009, 07:07 PM
I wouldn't mind paying the postage either. I've cashed out for $200 in Target GC's over the last 2 months and paid postage for those, doesn't bother me a bit!

sammielynn
02-26-2009, 12:00 PM
Mine arrived this morning.:sunshine: It was six weeks to the day. That was a long 6 weeks!
I just looked at the envelope and they were mailed on 2 - 24.

lkturner
02-26-2009, 04:10 PM
Mine arrived this morning.:sunshine: It was six weeks to the day. That was a long 6 weeks!
I just looked at the envelope and they were mailed on 2 - 24.

It was 6 weeks today for me too, but no gift cards came today.:( I just opened a TT so maybe they can be tracked down. I hope so!

lkturner
02-27-2009, 05:21 PM
The gift card arrived today! It was right at 6 weeks. :)

~Kathie
03-05-2009, 01:57 PM
Looking for an update on the time frame. Did you switch over yet so the cards are coming from you instead of Disney??

I just cashed out for a $500 Disney gc. $500 was the only option without added postage so I am thinking it is coming right from Disney. 6 weeks will get it here right before we leave for WDW so that would be fine.

Thanks for the info. :thanks:

SunshineGirl
03-05-2009, 02:29 PM
I'm still clearing through some of the ones coming directly from Disney but we are already up now to people getting them in 5 weeks (the people who cashed out 5 weeks ago should probably see them today). I would say that within 2 weeks we will probably be to the point where people will be seeing them in 4 weeks again. So you should be fine.

~Kathie
03-05-2009, 03:28 PM
I'm still clearing through some of the ones coming directly from Disney but we are already up now to people getting them in 5 weeks (the people who cashed out 5 weeks ago should probably see them today). I would say that within 2 weeks we will probably be to the point where people will be seeing them in 4 weeks again. So you should be fine.

Thanks!!

pbhall13
03-05-2009, 04:11 PM
I got mine the other day ......... all set for my trip in a couple weeks..........thanks SR!!!!!

belbook
03-09-2009, 01:50 PM
So I should get mine in time for my wdw trip of 3-30? I cashed out for a 25 disney gc on 2-9.

mjjmbnmm
03-09-2009, 02:02 PM
Oh yea, I cashed out on 2-11 so hopefuley mine will be here anyday.

fourfoxesinpa
03-09-2009, 02:19 PM
A card came today that I ordered on February 3. :clap:

toystoryduo
03-09-2009, 02:35 PM
A card came today that I ordered on February 3. :clap:

I ordered one on February 2nd....I hope mine comes today too. :)

toystoryduo
03-09-2009, 03:21 PM
My gift card came today! Woohoo!!!!:party: Thanks SR!:sunshine:

jgates8
03-15-2009, 09:53 PM
Rcvd my $250 one the other day. It took a bit, but considering it took 3 full weeks for my Valentine's day card from my aunt to get from DC to Wisconsin, I wasn't getting worried yet, LOL!!! Was hoping we would have received it in time for this years trip, but I am now considering it a downpayment on a room at the Poly!!! :D

fourfoxesinpa
03-16-2009, 12:33 PM
Got mine today that was ordered on 2/10. :party:

mjjmbnmm
03-16-2009, 04:18 PM
Got mine today too :cooldance:, ordered on 2/11

disney_girl
03-16-2009, 05:00 PM
Got mine from 2/11 today also!:party:

roselark
03-16-2009, 07:11 PM
Cool, hopefully mine will come in the next day or two. I ordered mine 2/9.

spring
04-20-2009, 05:14 PM
Finally got my Disney Gift Card today. :D I'm relieved as I was worried it got lost in the mail. I cashed out 3/13, 5-1/2 weeks ago.

BTW, SR might want to take a peek at the cashout language for e-mailed Disney Gift Cards. I cashed out last week for another gift card and the language said to expect it in 2 to 4 weeks. I'm figuring this is a mistake and should read 4-6 weeks.

SunshineGirl
04-20-2009, 06:29 PM
Finally got my Disney Gift Card today. :D I'm relieved as I was worried it got lost in the mail. I cashed out 3/13, 5-1/2 weeks ago.

BTW, SR might want to take a peek at the cashout language for e-mailed Disney Gift Cards. I cashed out last week for another gift card and the language said to expect it in 2 to 4 weeks. I'm figuring this is a mistake and should read 4-6 weeks.

Do you remember where you saw this? Every place I am looking says 4-6. But we have lots of places that it might be listed. I must be missing one of them.

spring
04-20-2009, 06:41 PM
Do you remember where you saw this? Every place I am looking says 4-6. But we have lots of places that it might be listed. I must be missing one of them.

Yes, I do. On April 15th, I chose to cash out for an e-mailed Disney Gift Card for the very first time. As I was confirming my choice, the message that I would receive it in 2 to 4 weeks was displayed. I think it appeared after I confirmed my cash out, if memory serves me right. I just mentioned it because I think it could be confusing and worrisome to newer members.

SunshineGirl
04-20-2009, 08:47 PM
Perfect information! I found it and fixed it. Thank you!

toystoryduo
04-21-2009, 03:00 PM
Tricia,

I cashed out for a Disney gift card today and I got the 2-4 week message too. Here's what the message said:

Redemption Center

Your order has been processed. You will receive it within 2-4 weeks.

Just wanted to let you know. :)

SunshineGirl
04-21-2009, 03:13 PM
Tricia,

I cashed out for a Disney gift card today and I got the 2-4 week message too. Here's what the message said:

Redemption Center

Your order has been processed. You will receive it within 2-4 weeks.

Just wanted to let you know. :)

Thanks! It appears that one was hidden in a DIFFERENT place in the code. <sigh> I just found it and changed that one, too, and tested a cashout (a $500 Disney Gift Card of course--LOL!). It looks like I have them all now. Now I really wish that I could cash out for the $500 card. :rotfl:

toystoryduo
04-21-2009, 05:25 PM
Thanks! It appears that one was hidden in a DIFFERENT place in the code. <sigh> I just found it and changed that one, too, and tested a cashout (a $500 Disney Gift Card of course--LOL!). It looks like I have them all now. Now I really wish that I could cash out for the $500 card. :rotfl:

You're welcome, Tricia. :)

I wish I could cash out for that $500 Disney gift card too! LOL!!! :rotfl: That would pay off my trip and then some. :clap: I'm working on it....slowly, but surely!:sunshine:

iluvamystery89
04-21-2009, 05:30 PM
heck, i'd just like to make it up to $25.00 again in the next week to cash out once more before my trip. no way i'd ever make it to $500.00, lol.

toystoryduo
04-21-2009, 07:09 PM
heck, i'd just like to make it up to $25.00 again in the next week to cash out once more before my trip. no way i'd ever make it to $500.00, lol.

I don't think I could make it to $500 either. :blush: I've been cashing out in $50 increments so I can apply those gift cards to my trip balance as soon as possible. We have until the end of July to pay it off, but it helps to see that balance owed to Disney go down little by little. Or course, it would be nice to get a $500 Disney gift card and pay that amount down too!:banana: I just don't think I can wait that long! LOL!:blush: