PDA

View Full Version : Question for you Baggallini Fans...

Magical JenK
08-15-2007, 11:50 AM
Hello-

I know that many on the Dis are big fans of Baggallini, but I've never seen one in person so I haven't become a fan yet. I saw this one & thought it may be nice for the parks when I don't want to bring the mini backpack I usually do?

Do any of you have this one? Is there one style preferred over another? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!!

http://www.bagsbuy.com/pi/bagga/bagga121613_64249_lg.jpg

SunshineGirl
08-15-2007, 12:00 PM
I totally forgot that I wanted to post about my Baggallini after King's Island!!

I have the regular one in black and it was FABULOUS in the parks. The real test was that when we rode the white water rafting type ride, my side of the boat got so full that the bag was actually FLOATING in water. When we got off the ride and I opened it up, nothing inside was wet. The other girl in the boat? Her bag was so full of water that her phone stopped working. :(

I may have to try this mini one at some point, but I sure did love the regular one for a day in the park. I had sunscreen, bandaids, a bottle of water, our camera, my cell phone, a couple of small snacks, and some odds and ends. And in the black, even SG didn't mind carrying it.

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Magical JenK
08-15-2007, 12:28 PM
Thanks Tricia! I knew you had one but didn't know which one. What is the "regular" one? There are many more options than I expected. Big ol' totes to smaller than what I posted!

That's very good to know that it kept everything dry!

SunshineGirl
08-15-2007, 12:47 PM
I have the Messenger Sling.

One thing that SG and I both commented on while we were carrying it was that because one side of it was flat, it laid against our bodies better than a lot of bags. You know the ones that go "bump-bump-bump" against you the whole time that you are walking?

Magical JenK
08-15-2007, 12:54 PM
That is very nice! So it's this one but in black right?

http://www.bagsbuy.com/pi/bagga/bagga121602_64249_lg.jpg

And the sling part isn't uncomfortable? Or do you wear it just over your shoulder rather than across the chest? (It just looks so wide??)

SunshineGirl
08-15-2007, 01:36 PM
That's the one. It wasn't uncomfortable at all. I actually wore it slung across my front with the bag in the back.

Magical JenK
08-15-2007, 01:41 PM
Awesome! Thanks Tricia!

jnorth1007
08-15-2007, 02:41 PM
I have that one also Jen and in red no less LOL I haven't used it for Disney yet but I have brought it to the zoo for a day trip and it was great. The sling part has a zipper compartment that you can put your cell phone in so you dont have to dig for it. It has many pockets for different things and it was very light.

Kycha
08-15-2007, 03:05 PM
I have the messenger sling as well. It worked out much better than the mini back pack I had used before. I was able to wear the messenger sling on every single ride because I could just wear the bag part towards the front, rather than the back. DH didn't even mind wearing it(even though it was in turquoise green).

catnapfan
08-15-2007, 10:32 PM
Do any of you have this one? Is there one style preferred over another? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!!

http://www.bagsbuy.com/pi/bagga/bagga121613_64249_lg.jpg

I actually bought this bag (lime green) for our WDW trip this June. I normally like to travel light in the parks and this bag was perfect. I was able to put our park passes, some money, small sunscreen, digital camera, cell phone and a folded poncho in there. You can wear it slung across your chest or as a fanny pack.

kerry34
08-18-2007, 06:27 PM
I also have the messenger sling and used it for the first time at Disney in april. I loved it. I thought it was very comfortable and could not believe how much room there was inside. It doesnt look like it can hold nearly as much as it does. I also loved that i didnt have to remove it for rides. Very nice.

SunshineGirl
08-18-2007, 09:04 PM
I took mine to the state fair today and came home with ALL of this in it:

Regular sized camera, 16 oz bottle of water, 8 oz bottle of water, 2 stuffed animals, a box of salt water taffy, my cell phone, a first aid kit, and suntan lotion.

SG kept saying "Go Little Baggallini, Go!" as I stuffed more junk into it all day. LOL!

bs4free
08-18-2007, 09:14 PM
I took mine to the state fair today and came home with ALL of this in it:

Regular sized camera, 16 oz bottle of water, 8 oz bottle of water, 2 stuffed animals, a box of salt water taffy, my cell phone, a first aid kit, and suntan lotion.

SG kept saying "Go Little Baggallini, Go!" as I stuffed more junk into it all day. LOL!

Ok, I see all the good news about these Baggallini, so what SR merchant has the best price, SR return! and you had the messanger bag/sling. When you say regular sized camera what do you mean I think mine is regular, others call it large! its the Canon S2 IS 5x3x3 in size. I had been using my mission space messanger sling sold at epcots mission space, but if this little thing and do all that i get out of my messanger bag that holds 2 bottles of water, laynard and extra pins, Maps, info, cellphone, and camera bag that would be great!

These Baggallini can get really wet and keep stuff dry right, like the flordia rain, and River Rapids, and Splash Mountian, Dont like haveing to bag the bags! lol!

Nichole
08-19-2007, 09:59 AM
I also have the messenger bag style. It has so many pockets to keep everything organized and is so comfortable to wear. I made sure to get khaki so I can make DH wear it :rolleyes:. Not sure how he will feel about it that. I love this bag though.

Kittykat
08-19-2007, 10:04 AM
Oh geez...I've been sucked into wanting one now.

I have a Coach swing bag that I carried last March and LOVED it. I usually wear a fanny back (:sick: ) and hated it but loved the swing bag.

Off to shop...

SunshineGirl
08-19-2007, 10:38 AM
I got mine at ebags, but I think that there are some other places as well.

Magical JenK
08-19-2007, 12:09 PM
BagsBuy.com has them too...that's where I've been searching...I'll have to check out eBays! Yeah, I'm torn now...it's getting close to our trip, so I should just decide already!! :0)

Magical JenK
08-19-2007, 12:22 PM
Ahhh...a Disney inspired dilemma!! Ebags has the messenger bag in black, however the bag itself is more expensive & the SR % is lower than BagsBuy. However, BagsBuy does not have it in black & it's cheaper & a higher SR %!!!

bs4free
08-19-2007, 12:36 PM
Ahhh...a Disney inspired dilemma!! Ebags has the messenger bag in black, however the bag itself is more expensive & the SR % is lower than BagsBuy. However, BagsBuy does not have it in black & it's cheaper & a higher SR %!!!

Well they are exactly the same, but what is the cost difference? included the discounted sr% back and then you will know the added cost to get black and then is Xamount of dollars worth a black bag!

Magical JenK
08-19-2007, 12:39 PM
I'm totally ok w/the red bag, but not sure if DH would carry it around you know? I guess I have to ask him when he wakes up!? I mean, Bryan, you're a guy...would you carry a red one around?? (BTW...love that you're a guy here on SR to be here for us ladies in time of need!!)

bs4free
08-19-2007, 12:51 PM
I'm totally ok w/the red bag, but not sure if DH would carry it around you know? I guess I have to ask him when he wakes up!? I mean, Bryan, you're a guy...would you carry a red one around?? (BTW...love that you're a guy here on SR to be here for us ladies in time of need!!)

Well Thanks, Um a Red bag, Uh... I would not want to! If i had a DW would i for her Well you already know that answer I would not have a choice! If you would like to be Kind to your DH get the BLACK! I know thats the only bag color i do/or would want to carry!

BTW my guess is DH will say get whatever or it dosen't matter, but I am sure he is thinking quitley in his head get the BLACK please get the Black!

bs4free
08-19-2007, 10:20 PM

Have you checked shoebuy! they have them too and you get the 10% and 13% back but alas still no black or i think i would have just orderd one! Also free shipping and no sales tax!

SunshineGirl
08-19-2007, 10:26 PM
How about if I do an increased cash back at bagsbuy?

Edited: Do bagsbuy and shoebuy have the exact same things?

bs4free
08-19-2007, 10:30 PM
How about if I do an increased cash back at bagsbuy?

Edited: Do bagsbuy and shoebuy have the exact same things?

Yes Bagsbuy is shoebuy! so buy from shoebuy and use 10% off coupon and the extra special 13% back!

Just checked! Still no Black:(

wdwabby
08-20-2007, 11:40 AM
Jen, you may not want to get the black - think about it, you're walking around in Florida for hours in the sun. Black absorbs the sun, so it will be even hotter to carry and may potentially cause damage to items in your bag if they melt or lens on electronics-type equipment/cameras fog up, etc.

there is a beige color that is nice and neutral and would be cooler.

ETA: I bought mine through eBags because I redeemed for a $25 gift certificate through SR, and there was a 10% off + free shipping coupon through SR (that I think might still be available...?) so I only paid $6.50 out of pocket. Granted, I didn't like the color I chose, so I'm in the return and re-purchase process right now ... but that's another story!