PDA

View Full Version : Are Disney Dollars mailed directly by Disney?

fourfoxesinpa
02-24-2009, 09:16 PM
Or do they come from SR?

Thanks.

jnorth1007
02-25-2009, 10:32 AM
I am not sure but I believe these come from Cindy. I think though that they take the same time frame as gift cards because she has to travel quite a distance to a store to "buy" the dollars. I could be wrong though since they changed the gift cards they may have also changed the Disney dollars.

fourfoxesinpa
02-25-2009, 10:45 AM
I am not sure but I believe these come from Cindy. I think though that they take the same time frame as gift cards because she has to travel quite a distance to a store to "buy" the dollars. I could be wrong though since they changed the gift cards they may have also changed the Disney dollars.

Yeah, I wasn't sure about the time needed to get them since there's a postage surcharge for one and not the other - I assumed that only the gift cards were coming from Disney, hence the .42 charge. I'm leaving in 4 weeks and it would be nice to have these in time but wouldn't matter if they came for our June trip.

sunshinecindy
02-25-2009, 11:09 AM
They can come from either Tricia or me, just depends on whose store has them. Tricias store seems to not stock them very much, but its a far drive for me to get them. If you are going to cash out for these, do it well in advance of your trip.

onemaybaby
03-17-2009, 10:36 AM
They can come from either Tricia or me, just depends on whose store has them. Tricias store seems to not stock them very much, but its a far drive for me to get them. If you are going to cash out for these, do it well in advance of your trip.

How far in advance do you recommend that we order them? Also, since I am a new member, I cannot view the rewards section. Do we have the option of receiving either Disney Gift Cards or Disney Dollars? I'm sure that Disney Dollars can be used at Disney, but can the gift cards??

Thank you!
:thanks:

m 'n c
03-17-2009, 10:43 AM
How far in advance do you recommend that we order them? Also, since I am a new member, I cannot view the rewards section. Do we have the option of receiving either Disney Gift Cards or Disney Dollars? I'm sure that Disney Dollars can be used at Disney, but can the gift cards??

Thank you!
:thanks:

Hmm you should be able to view the rewards but not have anything available to cash out yet (unless that 45 day window has passed). But anywho you can use either dollars or cards at the parks. For some reason Epcot wasn't too familiar with the dollars so there were a few times checking out too longer because they had to find a manager but they still took them. Gift cards can be used to pay for your package just an fyi.

I try and cash out 2 months before my trip for the gift cards/dollars to ensure I have them. You never know what the mail service will do in the shipping process. Anything I earn after that I either save for the next trip or cash out in paypal so that it's in my bank account when I get back and I use that cash equivalent to go and buy an extra card at the Disney store (so essentially it will net to 0 once the cash is deposited in paypal but there is like a 1 month timing difference).

Hope that helps.

onemaybaby
03-17-2009, 08:58 PM
Hmm you should be able to view the rewards but not have anything available to cash out yet (unless that 45 day window has passed). But anywho you can use either dollars or cards at the parks. For some reason Epcot wasn't too familiar with the dollars so there were a few times checking out too longer because they had to find a manager but they still took them. Gift cards can be used to pay for your package just an fyi.

I try and cash out 2 months before my trip for the gift cards/dollars to ensure I have them. You never know what the mail service will do in the shipping process. Anything I earn after that I either save for the next trip or cash out in paypal so that it's in my bank account when I get back and I use that cash equivalent to go and buy an extra card at the Disney store (so essentially it will net to 0 once the cash is deposited in paypal but there is like a 1 month timing difference).

Hope that helps.

Thank you! That does help quite a bit. I think I read on another post that you can't see the rewards until you have been a member for 45 days. So I guess I will watch and see if after 45 days I can view them. Also, I was wondering, I made 2 purchases on Ebay today and my rewards are not showing up. Generally, how long does this take?

Thanks again!

Magical JenK
03-17-2009, 09:05 PM
I actually posted this exact info on the other shopping thread you started earlier today! :0)

http://www.sunshinerewardsforum.com/showthread.php?t=23538