PDA

View Full Version : Ack...change in plans

bbangel
08-15-2007, 02:10 PM
So I was all ready for my solo trip in 48 days.
Got a message this morning that my step mom wants to join me.
Not a problem as we travel well together.
Biggest issue is that I have no ADR's as I was planning to do counterservice for most meals. I'm pretty sure she will expect sit down restaurants on at least a few days.
Where do you think I can get ADR's this late? Should I try for lunches or are dinners less busy?

bs4free
08-15-2007, 02:14 PM
First! Step Back! ok where do you want to eat! Do you want TS luch or TS dinner make a list of all of the places you would like then call and ask! then once you have emptied your list and still have some opeings call back and try again and have a new list of some new choices! With sort notice like this be flexiable, with your times and services, and sometimes yes even your location! It is not all that bad! the big step is to call and see what you can get and what is open!

coastalgirl
08-15-2007, 03:00 PM
You may want to try off dining times, later than say 7 or 8 or maybe a lunch at 2 or 3! Good luck!! Let us know what you picked!!!

Lydia

ligrumpygirl
08-15-2007, 03:03 PM
Try some of the resort restaurants. We tried the Turf Club for the first time in July and loved it (at SSR).

linanglab
08-15-2007, 03:05 PM
I was actually able to make a couple of ressies 4 weeks before our July 4th trip! And that is a busy week. I got all the times I wanted. Hope you do too! Let us know! But I would call NOW.

Angela

SunshineGirl
08-15-2007, 03:09 PM
What kind of places does she like to eat at? Real fancy? A step down?

One nice thing you can always do is eat at a resort that is close to your park that you are going to. Like eat at Whispering Canyon at WL and then take the boat over. Kind of make it part of the experience.

bbangel
08-15-2007, 03:16 PM
We are both pretty simple food kind of people. I'm thinking a lunch at 50's Prime Time or Sci Fi and a dinner at Kona.
We will only need a couple of ressies and I am pretty flexible with the timetable so I'm sure I'll find something with space.
I'm happy to hear other people had luck with making reservations closer to the trip.
I think my initial panic is over. The over-planner in me just needs to settle down a little.
Thanks!

llgray16
08-15-2007, 06:21 PM
I've always had luck in getting same day ressies at many places as well. As a party of 2 you should have an easier time finding some openings.

bbangel
08-15-2007, 06:59 PM
I've always had luck in getting same day ressies at many places as well. As a party of 2 you should have an easier time finding some openings.

I think this is a great idea. She is saying she doesn't care where we eat but that may change. I'll make a ressie for the first night and one lunch and then wing it. That makes my planning side cringe but I can live with it.

Of course I'm also waiting until I'm in the DVC system to see whether I can switch resorts and that is driving my planner side crazy as well. I mean I haven't even booked ME yet!

Reminding myself to take deep breaths and it will all be okay.

jl8595
08-15-2007, 07:40 PM
I had GREAT luck last week trying to grab one last ADR for our trip in early Sept (I was probably 4 weeks out at that point). And I got a great time (5:30pm...maybe early for some, but it's perfect for us with little ones). I also just saw a post on the DIS that someone was able to get a whole pile of ADR's for October without a problem - said she even got her pick of times at Cali Grill. Good luck, I'm sure you'll get something good!

m 'n c
08-15-2007, 07:48 PM
We have always had luck getting into Garden Grill for lunch the same day we call the adr line so they might have some room and the food is really good.

bs4free
08-15-2007, 07:48 PM
I think this is a great idea. She is saying she doesn't care where we eat but that may change. I'll make a ressie for the first night and one lunch and then wing it. That makes my planning side cringe but I can live with it.

Of course I'm also waiting until I'm in the DVC system to see whether I can switch resorts and that is driving my planner side crazy as well. I mean I haven't even booked ME yet!

Reminding myself to take deep breaths and it will all be okay.

I hope your in the DVC system soon!

I am sure you will get great ADRs and if your little planner wants to come out try and get a few adrs for the rest of your trip too, what the worse that can happen you wont want them, will call and cancle them and make someones day!

bbangel
08-17-2007, 05:26 PM
Update:

I'm in the system but there are no rooms at any of the inns for two of my days so I'm going to stay at Pop and bank my points for a Disneyland trip next year.

My step mom has decided that she would rather not have sit down meals so we will stick with my original counter service plans.

Long story short, all is once again right in my world.

bs4free
08-17-2007, 05:31 PM
Update:

I'm in the system but there are no rooms at any of the inns for two of my days so I'm going to stay at Pop and bank my points for a Disneyland trip next year.

My step mom has decided that she would rather not have sit down meals so we will stick with my original counter service plans.

Long story short, all is once again right in my world.

You can use WDW DVC points for DisneyLand?????

bbangel
08-17-2007, 05:57 PM
You can use WDW DVC points for DisneyLand?????

Yup, for any of the three Disneyland resorts. They cost a little more in points than the resorts in Florida but that is balanced for me by the cheaper flight and tickets.

wdwabby
08-20-2007, 11:30 AM
Keep in mind too, that if you guys change your minds when you're down there, you can check with the guest relations desk in each of the parks - there's a board where they post available ADRs for that day. So, you could potentially do a TS on a whim :)

bs4free
08-20-2007, 11:38 AM
Yup, for any of the three Disneyland resorts. They cost a little more in points than the resorts in Florida but that is balanced for me by the cheaper flight and tickets.

Well thanks i never knew that! Another Reason i want to win a Dreams DVC :rotfl: