PDA

View Full Version : Advice for MK lunch...

fourfoxesinpa
03-02-2009, 04:42 PM
I'd like to make a lunch ADR for our MK day and would love to hear recommendations. I'm not interested in CRT ($) and don't care to have a character meal but think we'd be open to visiting one of the MK resorts, if we could get there, eat and get back in less than 2 hours. We'll be doing a counter service dinner at Cosmic Rays or Columbia Harbour House and I think it would just be nice to sit for awhile and relax over a nice meal.

Thanks for your input!

bbangel
03-02-2009, 04:45 PM
I've heard good things about the Plaza Inn. My other suggestion would be to go to the Kona Cafe at the Poly if it is open for lunch.

jl8595
03-02-2009, 05:12 PM
Kona Cafe at the Poly is delicious. We've enjoyed our meals there. Also, I've read some positive reviews for the new Wave restaurant at the Contemporary. Or, you could check out O'Hana at the Polynesian. It's an all you can eat thing, but not a buffet or a character meal. The Poly is a quick boat ride or monorail ride.

fourfoxesinpa
03-02-2009, 05:48 PM
Figuring out ADRs is such a fun way to spend a snow day! :sunshine2:

I just asked the kids how they'd feel about leaving the MK for lunch at one of the resorts and they don't seem to like the idea very much. I'd LOVE to go to Kona or WCC but I don't think that would be as much fun for them. So, I guess we'll stay in the park.

There aren't many TS at MK - I don't like the Tony's reviews, don't want to spend that much $ at CRT, would rather have something other than sandwiches since we'll be doing counter dinner so I'm ruling out the Plaza. That leaves CP, which I fear DD and DS won't eat their $ worth and LTT.

I've never been to LTT. Anyone have lunch there?

bbangel
03-02-2009, 06:07 PM
I haven't done LTT for lunch but dinner there was fine. I would probably choose Tony's over LTT. I know the reviews are pretty mixed but the menu is a bit more varied and seems to have more I would eat. I would look strictly at the menus of those two places and see if you think your family would like the items. The most check marks wins.
CP is out if you don't really want to do a character meal.

Breeze88
03-02-2009, 07:07 PM
I'd take LLT over Tony's.

kimntrent
03-02-2009, 08:16 PM
They won't even go for Bottomless Milkshakes at WCC.

gpp2001
03-02-2009, 08:20 PM
If you went to WCC - you could bribe your kids with a boat ride? That sometimes works for us.

fourfoxesinpa
03-02-2009, 08:40 PM
I think we're going to do WCC for dinner one night after a water park. I've never been there and it sounds like a lot of fun. I want that skillet!
I think leaving MK to eat is a tough sell for my two kids - when we're at MK, we're like park commandos. :D I'm going to try for LTT ADR. Thanks for helping me think this through.

PSL1013
03-02-2009, 08:57 PM
The Plaza Restaurant is a must do every trip for us...the Strawberry salad for me and the Reuben sandwich for my husband. We usually do lunch twice during our trip, once in the beginning when we are at that park and then again the last day before heading to the airport...one last goodbye to the castle, it has become our tradition. :heart:

sweetiee
03-05-2009, 01:26 PM
We did Liberty Tavern for lunch in January. We had planned to do dinner but changed to lunch due to it looked like it would rain. We didn't want to wait on dinner in the rain. Lunch turned out good. It is just basic Americana fair, so nothing to write home about, but it was all good. I had pot roast and ti was good. DH had turkey.
Does Crystal palace have lunch?

fourfoxesinpa
03-05-2009, 08:49 PM
Thanks Sweetiee for the input. I think we're going to try LTT. Sounds like the best fit for our day.

:thanks:

iluvamystery89
03-06-2009, 09:05 AM
we enjoy the crystal palace for lunch-my DH LOOOOOVES the citrus marinated flank steak. it's a character meal (pooh & friends), but the restaurant is so big you could probably be in and out before the characters ever get to you, lol.

3dog2kidmom
03-06-2009, 09:17 AM
We've had lunch at LTT and I really enjoyed it. Good food, great service, the prices weren't too outrageous... it was a nice mid-day break.

schaery
03-06-2009, 11:04 AM
Been to LTT and CP.....I really like CP the best.

fourfoxesinpa
03-06-2009, 11:34 AM
ARGH - this is tough - It sounds like either choice would be good but I'm leaning toward LTT. :rotfl:

I think my "issue" with going to the CP is that DD is only 10, and I hate to pay for a buffet that she'll never eat her $ worth. She just picks - usually never finishes a kid's meal. Just seems so wasteful to me. Maybe next trip when she's a little older and hungrier. Should have went last year when she was still a "child" in Disney's eyes. :D That's the reason I can't justify the dining plan either at this age.