PDA

View Full Version : Share your Sunshine Goals

kimntrent
03-04-2009, 08:12 PM
While I am anxiously awaiting credit from both office depot and quill to post as pending on my account I thought I could pass the time by finding out what your sunshine goals are. I am right now taking all the money I earn and putting it towards baby. So I am sunshining my bottom off and trying to get referrals to do the same. Right now I am sitting at 142 in my account with a survey from today pending to make it over the 143 mark. I have 5.03 pending right now that will credit by the 15th. I am hoping to make 150 by this weekend. What is everyone elses sunshine goals?

Blessing and Miracle
03-04-2009, 08:42 PM
While I am anxiously awaiting credit from both office depot and quill to post as pending on my account I thought I could pass the time by finding out what your sunshine goals are. I am right now taking all the money I earn and putting it towards baby. So I am sunshining my bottom off and trying to get referrals to do the same. Right now I am sitting at 142 in my account with a survey from today pending to make it over the 143 mark. I have 5.03 pending right now that will credit by the 15th. I am hoping to make 150 by this weekend. What is everyone elses sunshine goals?

You have such a very special goal! What we mommies won't do to ensure our littles have everything!:)

I'm saving for summer vacation. I just cashed out for 450. (was going to wait until later, but at times I get chemo brain and can't remember a thing, so I'll probably cash out every month until June and purchase a Visa/MC or Amex so I won't spend it on anything else).

I'm hoping to earn at least another 450. before vacation. Gotta set my sights high. :p

Good luck!:clap:

Alice28
03-04-2009, 09:02 PM
I'm saving for our big November Disney trip. Including my pends, I am at about $107+. The goal is at least $400 (but I would like $500). We'll see- surveys have been dry for me the last 3 days, but I'm sure they'll get better. I know I can get at least another $150 in shopping credits alone the next 5 months or so with back to school (ack), birthdays, I know I need a few things from Best Buy, etc.

We are doing 6 nights of the DDP, and I would love to hand my dad a $500 gift card to plunk down at check in for the majority of my share (and my kids) of the DDP.

Hedy
03-04-2009, 09:19 PM
I'm trying to earn as much as I can for the SR meet at WDW.
However, I have a gadget-crush on the NintendoDSi, and may cashout to get one of those.

askomsky
03-04-2009, 10:06 PM
Not sure, I was trying to save (i.e cash out via paypal for WDW) for a WDW trip in Nov. but with the economy and job losses it really depends and will have to play it by ear. If not WDW this fall then OC MD for a week in the summer. ( I already have enough in paypal for this)
Then I was also thinking if we do beach instead I may use the extra to spend a little extra on my first borns bday party in June since he'll be hitting double digits this year.
Whatever it is it'll be for something special!

I average anywhere from 70-100 a month so as long as I stay in that range I'll be happy. I may even then have enough to cover 2/3 of WDW if we should go there instead. (Which is what the kids and I really want to do)

arob414
03-04-2009, 10:33 PM
I was cashing mine out for Amazon gc's. It is so nice to buy things without spending real money. Anyway, I am now letting mine grow to use for next Disney trip. Maybe next Spring.

juliokirkland
03-04-2009, 11:04 PM
I'm saving up for our Disneyland trip at the end of summer. It'd be nice to have our meals covered and be able to get some souveneirs. I'm at $450 now and hoping to have another $300 before the end of June. I want that $500 disney gift card badly.

Love2Shop
03-05-2009, 01:14 AM
My goal is in my signature, I want to earn $250 to put towards our Disney trip in June for dd's 4th b-day. We are doing the dining plan and she'll get the b-day gc from Disney, so anything I earn here is going towards the room and tickets. :sunshine2:

tarheelpat
03-05-2009, 07:58 AM
I'm at loose ends! Until yesterday, Disney was the only thing I had ever cashed out for and I'd been letting the account build for over a year with that in mind. My husband's job is in danger, however, and, even though we're older and have savings, we're not taking a trip to Disney any time soon. I decided I should cash in for some fun stuff, but I'm having so much trouble getting myself to do it! Yesterday, I got two movie cards and four Starbucks cards. We do have a vacation planned (free condo every other year at Kiawah Island), so I may be able to help some with that. I also have not ruled out getting a $500 Disney card for some time.

I've never done paypal cashouts. How do you get the money out of paypal or do you just leave it there until you need it? I'm afraid I will transfer the money into our bank account and it will "disappear" into milk, bread and toilet paper. I want my SR stuff to be fun stuff!

Blessing and Miracle
03-05-2009, 09:44 AM
I've never done paypal cashouts. How do you get the money out of paypal or do you just leave it there until you need it? I'm afraid I will transfer the money into our bank account and it will "disappear" into milk, bread and toilet paper. I want my SR stuff to be fun stuff!

Exactly!! I cashed out via paypal for the first time last summer for vacation and I'm going to do it again this year. I Immediately purchased Visa cards with it because I didn't want it to disappear. My SR money is strictly for fun stuff.

Arky
03-05-2009, 10:13 AM
I'm clicking toward Disney too! We are going in September with free dining. It's our kids first trip and I want them to get special things so they will remember this trip. I cashed out for $500 2 weeks ago. That was Disney Gift Cards and I'm going to use that to pay for our trip. From here on out, it will be extras for the kids. My small goal is $300 - $100 per child. Although I'd love to have $500 more to take with me. I've been really trying the surveys and it sure does help!

askomsky
03-05-2009, 12:42 PM
I'm at loose ends! Until yesterday, Disney was the only thing I had ever cashed out for and I'd been letting the account build for over a year with that in mind. My husband's job is in danger, however, and, even though we're older and have savings, we're not taking a trip to Disney any time soon. I decided I should cash in for some fun stuff, but I'm having so much trouble getting myself to do it! Yesterday, I got two movie cards and four Starbucks cards. We do have a vacation planned (free condo every other year at Kiawah Island), so I may be able to help some with that. I also have not ruled out getting a $500 Disney card for some time.

Exactly!! I cashed out via paypal for the first time last summer for vacation and I'm going to do it again this year. I Immediately purchased Visa cards with it because I didn't want it to disappear. My SR money is strictly for fun stuff.

I opened up a 2nd checking account that is strictly for paypal/SR. It's like I dont' even "know" it's there other then transfering the money into it. I don't have a debit card for it and the only way I can get the money is to go into the bank. It's there SO I don't have the urge to spend it on anything else. :sunshine:

gpp2001
03-05-2009, 12:45 PM
My goal is in my signature - trying to earn $1200 for our cruise in October - I am almost half way there!!! I currently have $570 in my account with another $20 pending until the 15th. I earn $70 - $100 per month, so I will be close - a more realistic goal would be $1000 but who wants to be realistic!! Shoot for the moon!!!

mjjmbnmm
03-05-2009, 12:58 PM
My goal is for our trip in Dec. Right now I have $275 in cards, another $100 coming that I cashed out for on 2-11, after surveys credit today I'll have enough to cash out for another $100 and I'm hoping to earn another $500 before we go.

pbhall13
03-05-2009, 01:28 PM
My goals are now for the SR meet in October. I plan on having enough to cover dining plan, snacks at F&W (okay drinks!!!) and put some in paypal to pay for my airfare. Also depending on how much I earn I may use any extra to renew my AP.

I have about $100 right now, but once I get serious with taking surveys again I know that my total will rise quickly (gosh I love see that happen)

~Kathie
03-05-2009, 01:46 PM
Mine is to just keep cashing out for Disney gift cards. I'm hoping to take the entire family kids and grandkids to WDW. The money on SR will help to pay for our meal plans.

Blessing and Miracle
03-05-2009, 02:41 PM
I opened up a 2nd checking account that is strictly for paypal/SR. It's like I dont' even "know" it's there other then transfering the money into it. I don't have a debit card for it and the only way I can get the money is to go into the bank. It's there SO I don't have the urge to spend it on anything else. :sunshine:

That sounds good, but I can barely keep up with the accounts we do have. My health wouldn't allow me any extras. :(

toystoryduo
03-07-2009, 09:13 AM
We're going to Disney in September with the free dining too. I'm trying to earn at least $50/month through the end of July so I can apply those Disney gift cards to our trip. After July, I may continue to earn for our next unplanned as of yet Disney trip or I may start earning for gift cards for the holidays.

aknight373
03-07-2009, 10:05 AM
Well I have been cashing out for disney gift card to pay for the club level at the wilderness lodge.. but my last three cash out have been to sears and home depot for stuff around the house that i would have never bought if it wasnt "free" money. I am not sure for my next cash out.

PSL1013
03-07-2009, 10:32 AM
My goals have always been to cash out for a Disney GC and pay for ALL food eaten during our trips and so far I've been successful, my husband can't believe that I'm able to do this. Waiting on my $500 GC to arrive so that I can take it to the Food and Wine Festival in October. This card will be added to another $500 GC that I cashed out for previously and haven't used yet. :sunshine:

spring
03-07-2009, 10:48 AM
I am cashing out for Disney Gift Cards for my portion of an August 2009 seven day Disney Cruise on the Magic that I am going on with DD, her family, and friends. I've got that covered now, but we just added on a tower room at the Contemporary for the night after the cruise, with Disney tickets and dining. My newest goal is to cover as much as I can for that. This gives me further motivation to Sunshine.:sunshine:

sqromano
03-07-2009, 11:55 AM
Since I am staying home with my kids right now, I am saving for "fun money" for me. I spend so much on my kids and DH through SR, I use the paypal and giftcard cashouts for things like a night out with my friends, date night with DH, or shopping for myself without guilt. When I can talk DH into a Disney trip, and once DD5months is a little older, I will save towards that.

Alice28
03-07-2009, 02:42 PM
Since I am staying home with my kids right now, I am saving for "fun money" for me. I spend so much on my kids and DH through SR, I use the paypal and giftcard cashouts for things like a night out with my friends, date night with DH, or shopping for myself without guilt. When I can talk DH into a Disney trip, and once DD5months is a little older, I will save towards that.

What a great idea!:clap:

jakeandsophiesmom
03-07-2009, 05:57 PM
Trying to earn for the SR Disney meet in October! I'm 7 cents away from having 200 which would pay for my tickets then on to earn more for dining!! (and drinks!)

Blessing and Miracle
03-07-2009, 05:59 PM

I don't blame you. All of my cashouts were for me. The last one was for paypal and that one was used for when DH and I went on vacation by ourselves. Now I'm earning for either family vacation or just the two of us again. :)

sumlthomp
04-04-2009, 03:23 PM
I am so amazed at how much everyone has earned through SR. When I first started last fall, I thought that if I could earn just $30 for our Nov 2009 trip, that would be great. Now I have already cashed out for 2 $50 Disney GC and have set my goals even higher. I want to try for Super Member Status for this quarter. I would love to earn another $100 for our trip! $10 earned already, $90 more to go!! Maybe even more! :banana::banana::banana:

kimntrent
04-04-2009, 03:38 PM
Its amazing what you can do. I get up every morning with the goal of getting at least one survey. Don't care which company greenfield or otx but at least one. If I can add almost $1.00 into my account every day then it adds up. My money is buying baby furniture and it is really nice looking at his room and saying wow I paid for that through sunshine. How often can you do that? How often can you go out to a disney restaurant and pull out your gift card and say wow I paid for that with sunshine. With the economy the way it is it is sad that we have to tell ourselves NO. But we have living proof on there that say you know SR made it possible. Without SR we would have only stayed 5 days or we would have only eaten at counter service or stayed at the all stars.

hayloburger
04-05-2009, 07:56 PM
Me too! I signed up for SR, just to check it out and try for a $25 Disney Gift Card. It took me a few months to get the hang of it...but, so far I have cashed out for $425 in Disney Gift cards.

My goal is $1 day....but, usually I average $45/month. I try to give myself a break, when I have a busy month and I just don't have the time....but, usually I'll make it up the next month.

I love SR and love the help to my DISNEY FUND.

fourfoxesinpa
04-06-2009, 07:55 AM
I'm trying to rack up a little more to cash out for our June trip - figure I need to order our gift cards by May 1 in order to get them on time - another $25 for TRex would be great!

After that, I'm saving for January, 2010 food. We'll be going down for the marathon and staying in the new Downtown Disney Holiday Inn for free w/DH's points. We'll have our tickets so just need $ to eat.

I'm very seriously thinking of pushing our 4 night 8/2010 cruise to 7 night in 2011 on either the new ship in Caribbean or the Wonder in California + Disneyland. In either event, I'm just going to keep cashing out for those Disney cards.

jgates8
04-06-2009, 09:00 PM
My son has set my goal as taking his baby sister (currently a sophomore) to Disney again when she graduates from high school. We'll probably set it for her first college winter break.

We have gone 1 time a year the last 3 years, but 2 of those were due to sweepstakes wins. So the goal is to go again and stay at the Poly - somewhere we have never stayed before. (Have only stayed at one deluxe & that was on a trip win).

On this last trip win the gift cards paid for ALL of our food while we were at the parks!!! Plus some treats. So the goal for the graduation trip is to pay for at least 2 full nights at Poly as well as all the food. As we have $250 already here and another $65 ready to redeem, we should be well past that.

Blessing and Miracle
04-07-2009, 12:39 AM
My son has set my goal as taking his baby sister (currently a sophomore) to Disney again when she graduates from high school. We'll probably set it for her first college winter break.

We have gone 1 time a year the last 3 years, but 2 of those were due to sweepstakes wins. So the goal is to go again and stay at the Poly - somewhere we have never stayed before. (Have only stayed at one deluxe & that was on a trip win).

On this last trip win the gift cards paid for ALL of our food while we were at the parks!!! Plus some treats. So the goal for the graduation trip is to pay for at least 2 full nights at Poly as well as all the food. As we have $250 already here and another $65 ready to redeem, we should be well past that.

Oh my, what sweepstakes did you enter?:p

disneyforever
04-07-2009, 03:46 AM
I am currently saving for the SR meet in October. I have $140 in GC cashed out and my balance is already at $35 again.
I am trying for the Trifecta every day. :)

After the SR meet - my next savings will be for our 2 week trip to Hawaii in October 2010. :cooldance:

jgates8
04-07-2009, 08:38 PM
Last years trip was the ESPN/Dick's Sporting Goods sweeps. We had barely 2 weeks once we found out before we took off. The judging agency actually totally screwed things up because they booked everyone off-site and only for 4d/3n instead of 6/5. Disney ended up stepping in and fixing everything. We only stayed 4 nites anyway as kids didn't have enough vacation time at work. But they put us up at Beach Club and flew us on airline of choice (we did Midwest). Plus $1500 of Gift Cards to Dicks. It was awesome. Since we were only spending about 2 days at parks due to arrival & departure times I paid to upgrade tickets to non-expiring at check-out on our 5 day passes. Which leads us to the following..........

Last August received notification that I won a single entry per person sweeps from visitflorida.com. It included 4 RT tix on Air Tran, Rental Car (I had to pay taxes on car) and 3 nights at Gaylord Palms & one meal at GP. So we still had our 3 days left from last years trip for the parks! PLUS I had around $300 or so of Disney Gift Cards so we paid for virtually all food on sight. Would have had some left except kids picked the Japanese restaurant one night for supper & that took a BIG bite out of food budget, LOL!!! My most recent $250 gift card that arrived came about a week after we returned from Florida so helped get me anxious to go right away again.

So unfortunately I am probably going to have to pay for the entire next trip...................:rotfl: