PDA

View Full Version : Need help spending my SR

llgray16
08-16-2007, 05:11 PM
OK, folks - I need help spending my rewards. I have always cashed out for something Disney related but I don't really need any more $$$ for our Sept. trip. The package is paid for, we have free dining and we have our MNSSHP tix. I have already have $400 in Disney Visa Rewards and Disney Dollars to use on the trip. Other than the occasional adult beverage ;) and our carriage ride at POR, I don't really have anything planned for the $$$.

So here is my dilemma. I have enough for about $175 in SR and I am really debating about what I should do with it. So what would you do with it?

bs4free
08-16-2007, 05:27 PM
If you do not need it! I would save it for a specail disney cash out and use that to book your next trip!

Unless you know of something you realy want at disney that you would like to get i would wait for another day!

mjjmbnmm
08-16-2007, 05:54 PM
cash out for cards that will help with your x-mas shopping.

memanana
08-16-2007, 06:04 PM
i would keep it for Christmas:sunshine2:

sunshinecindy
08-16-2007, 06:36 PM
I didn't see a "donate it to Cindy" option, but I'd be up for that. :rotfl:

bs4free
08-16-2007, 06:56 PM
I didn't see a "donate it to Cindy" option, but I'd be up for that. :rotfl:

Dont worry Cindy you were on her list under option #3 Some combination of Disney & other you were the other!!!!:rotfl:

sunshinecindy
08-16-2007, 06:59 PM
Dont worry Cindy you were on her list under option #3 Some combination of Disney & other you were the other!!!!:rotfl:

Oh ok, glad I voted for that one then.

bs4free
08-16-2007, 07:02 PM
Oh ok, glad I voted for that one then.

To be more exact the other was donate wine to cindy! :angel: So i am glad you vote for that. I however said to save it for latter!

sunshinecindy
08-16-2007, 07:05 PM
To be more exact the other was donate wine to cindy! :angel: So i am glad you vote for that. I however said to save it for latter!

Just remember Bryan, I'm the one with SR goodies to pass out.

bs4free
08-16-2007, 07:23 PM
Just remember Bryan, I'm the one with SR goodies to pass out.

I guess that means i better stop and make a donation myself then!

I like Goodies!!!:angel::heart: :sunshine:

coastalgirl
08-16-2007, 07:39 PM
I voted cashout for disney and other. Maybe a nice gift for yourself, or a dinner out after vacation!

Lydia

mollyeilis
08-16-2007, 08:00 PM
Do you need shoes? I just cashed out for a $50 SuperCertificate from giftcertificates dot com, then turned that into a shoebuy gift certificate, and bought DH some new Tevas.

It looks like the same gift cert can be used on their sister site, bagsbuy, so if you need a new purse, or wallet, or belt, or suitcase...

Before making your decision, i would highly recommend checking out giftcertificates dot com, as they have a TON of sites and stores to redeem your supercertificate through (some are emailed, like shoebuy, others are mailed, like famous footwear).

Especially now that I'm a supermember (and I assume you are?), I just can't think of the paypal option, b/c you aren't getting as good a "return", you know? I went through the special rate for the supercertificate, and got a $50 shoebuy GC for 47.50 SR credits...with paypal you'd just get what you put into it.

It sounds like you have ample funds for Disney, though maybe you need a bathing suit, and want to buy it with a Disney GC through the disneyshopping outlet website (like I did)? Or something else?

lilianddomsmom
08-17-2007, 02:45 AM
i voted cash out for disney and splurge

llgray16
08-17-2007, 07:15 AM
Do you need shoes?

Do I need shoes :rotfl: I don't know - I'll have to ask Tricia if my shoebuy credits have fallen too low :rotfl:

A donation for Cindy - hmmm? I'll have to think on that one ;)

Thanks for all the input everyone. I'm thinking I'm going to take half and visit the jewlery section at World of Disney or that one on Main Street. The other half I think I will leave in and save for the holidays. The kids are getting a Wii and iPods for Christmas so I should probably save for those!

spring
08-18-2007, 12:09 PM
My vote would be to save it until you know exactly what you want, be it extra Holiday shopping help, or a down payment on another trip to WDW. I'm thinking that as soon as your trip starts to wrap up, you'll be wanting to plan for another in the future. WDW is really that addicting.

Mom2aPrincess
08-18-2007, 07:38 PM
I voted for saving it too until you know what you want to do with it.

I think after my December trip, I'll just let my build up again for the next trip (unless I have something else specific occur that I'd like to cash out for).

llgray16
08-19-2007, 11:04 AM
Thanks again everyone!

I cashed out for $100 Disney gc and I am going to leave the rest in there for right now. I'm thinking I might use the Disney gc for a necklace for me at WDW. The rest I'm going to use towards an iPod for DS or DH for Christmas.