PDA

View Full Version : Offer Activity Down

missangie
03-09-2009, 11:33 AM
The number of people trying some of the newest offers put up over the last week or so seems really low. In fact, offer activity has been down over the last few months. I'd like to get a better understanding of this decrease in activity in hopes of turning the trend around. I'm looking for your honest feedback on this issue.

We asked recently about freebie offers. Most people indicated that they liked the revenue from freebies. Knowing that these are so important to you, I go through offers nearly everyday looking for different things that might interest you as well as good payouts to boost your earnings. It is discouraging to post so many earning opportunities and see so little activity.

Are you trying the freebie offers? Are there issues or concerns about the freebie offers that perhaps we can address? Is there something more we can do to help you in completing these offers? Are there offers you'd like to see that we have not yet posted?

I'm looking for your honest and helpful feedback. I know that crediting issues are a big concern when it comes to offers. Realistically, the offers are crediting within the normal range. Some credit and some don't--this is the case even for me. I watch offers and pull those that don't credit for anyone. If an offer is still up after the first day, it is likely crediting okay. If I post it in the forum or send it in an email, it is likely crediting very well.

Therefore, use this thread to tell me why you are or aren't doing the freebie offers. If your reason has something to do with credits, please post it here without lauching into a complaint.

I truly appreciate the comments and feedback from our forum members! You guys are the best. So, what's up with the offers?

Hedy
03-09-2009, 11:40 AM
Speaking purely for myself, once I reach the point in the quarter where I'm at or close to SM, I reduce the numbers of offers I do. This a)enables me to save the offers for the next quarter (and accept the gamble that the offer may not be there then) and b)gives me a break, and the freebie offers a break from my e-mail address/ip address.

marcymajor
03-09-2009, 11:42 AM
i don't do the freebie offers as often as i used to only because most of them don't credit. modpath, elpath, mids and quiz jungle offers i guess know me as i have been doing them for some time now so i rarely do them. freebie offers are fun to do for the most part but it would be nice to know what kind of offers they are b4 i get into it and find out it is an elpath or modpath. does this all make sense?:) hope this didn't sound like too much complaining. was just stating how i feel. have a wonderful monday.:sunshine:

sammielynn
03-09-2009, 11:44 AM
This has been a very busy semester for me at school, so my activity is way down. I tried on average one offer a day, but they are not crediting on a even semi-regular basis. When they do credit it's great, if not, not a problem. I've been at this for a long time and my information is in so may data bases I'm sure that is the problem.

PSL1013
03-09-2009, 11:44 AM
I do all freebie offers that are available but most do not credit for me for some reason but I do them anyway. The ones that never credit for me are the ones that go through the silver, platinum, gold etc. endings. The others are hit or miss....my pending list is always long.

zoodoyle
03-09-2009, 11:46 AM
I did try 4 of the newer ones yesterday, got credit for none, and therefore decided it didn't make sense to do any more. If they had credited, I'm sure I would have tried others. Just discouraging, so I stop trying. Though I will try again after a few days - I'm REALLY trying to get to that $250 for the quarter so I need all the help I can get :love:

fourfoxesinpa
03-09-2009, 11:54 AM
I am not getting credit for any of the modpath, eltpath, eversave, or cool savings offers that I have done in the recent past, despite using new emails, browsers and different internet addresses. I've never seen my pending list so long. So, I'm not trying more than 1 a day and crossing my fingers that the drought ends. There are lots of new offers up right now that I'd really love to try, but I'm just not doing them because I believe they are the type that aren't crediting for me and I really don't feel like gambling my time. The MIDs and AN7 and Quiz ones do relatively well for me - If I see them, I do them when I see them.

wilsonfamily4
03-09-2009, 11:54 AM
My computer has been down. I am now up and ready to start working on offers. Actually I am right now. :) I loke the freebies. PLEASE PLEASE do not do away with them. If they left I would feel like there wasn't much left for me here except shopping. And shopping will have to start decreasing here soon to save money around here.

missangie
03-09-2009, 11:55 AM
I did try 4 of the newer ones yesterday, got credit for none, and therefore decided it didn't make sense to do any more. If they had credited, I'm sure I would have tried others. Just discouraging, so I stop trying. Though I will try again after a few days - I'm REALLY trying to get to that $250 for the quarter so I need all the help I can get :love:

Several of the new offers are not fast crediting. They are manual which means that reports have to be pulled and credits have to be posted manually. You may actually have a few credits out there waiting!!

Iteach
03-09-2009, 12:00 PM
I try and do offers as time allows. I go slowly really looking at the offers because 1) I know that's what the offers are there for and how we are suppose to do them 2) I hope that it will help the offer to credit

I try to check the "what's crediting" thread each day. If I see something that people are getting credit for and it looks like it maybe hasn't been done by tons of people already, then I try if I have time. I have sporadic luck with offers. It seems the more offers I do and the more frequently I do them, less and less credit. If I don't do any offers for 2-4 weeks it seems like I at least have a shot at getting credit. During crazy credits it seems that I do better and am not sure why. Is it because there is so much traffic??? Who knows, but when crazy credits comes I try to do at least a few of the offers that I haven't already done or aren't in pending. I do clear cookies everyday and get a new email when offers pretty much stop crediting. Last time I got a new email it didn't help at all.

missangie, I really do appreciate all the time you take looking for offers for all of us, putting them up, taking them down to check if they are crediting, pulling offers whose links have expired, etc. and I like the offers being available. Thanks so much! :sunshine:

arob414
03-09-2009, 12:05 PM
I do all freebie offers that are available but most do not credit for me for some reason but I do them anyway. The ones that never credit for me are the ones that go through the silver, platinum, gold etc. endings. The others are hit or miss....my pending list is always long.

My pending list is really long, also. I have been doing the offers but having trouble crediting. Way more than usual so I have spent the past several days trying to figure out if something, on my computer, is blocking cookies. I have been checking cookies, page by page, and several offers (modpath, for one) don't seem to leave cookies. This seems odd because I would think that is how the offers are tracked. I always have offers that go into pending but there is just so many, suddenly. And, it could just be that I have deluged the companies with my address and ip and that is why I am not crediting. But, since others, who have been on as long and longer than me, are crediting, I still think that it is possible that one of my software protections is blocking something. If I ever figure it out, I will pass a long the info. I don't think this would be considered cheating, as in figuring out how to "work" the offer, because I think it could be a computer issue that I need to fix. I don't have anything against cookies, just want to avoid something that will screw up my computer or steal shopping credit from SR.

tarheelpat
03-09-2009, 12:06 PM
In general, I do the new freebie offers as they're put on the site. When several are put up the same day, I look at the "credit" thread on the forums to see which ones to do first. I've not been having much luck getting credits lately, however -- I have 53 things in pending including a couple from last week that other people seemed to be getting . So I've slowed down to one or two a day. (I'm glad to hear some are manual!)

pbhall13
03-09-2009, 12:13 PM
I use to do offers, but nothing has credited for me in a LONG time......I think I may have had 1 credit in the past 5 months, if that. Again like others have mentioned I have been doing offers for a long time so maybe my info is out there and I have maxed out.

I think i am going to wait until next quarter before I do any other offers, that way it will go towards SM for that quarter..........

askomsky
03-09-2009, 12:18 PM
Speaking purely for myself, once I reach the point in the quarter where I'm at or close to SM, I reduce the numbers of offers I do. This a)enables me to save the offers for the next quarter (and accept the gamble that the offer may not be there then) and b)gives me a break, and the freebie offers a break from my e-mail address/ip address.

I know you were speaking for yourself but you could have taken the words right out of my mouth.

I agree 100% with Heather as to how I do the "freebies". The only thing I will add is that I do however pick up with the offers during any type of contest where they're being "promoted". Doesn't always work well, but I try figuring a few will credit.

I do believe though that sometimes I need to take a break for 1.less time at the computer, 2. my info not being blasted all over.

PSL1013
03-09-2009, 12:26 PM
My pending list is really long, also. I have been doing the offers but having trouble crediting. Way more than usual so I have spent the past several days trying to figure out if something, on my computer, is blocking cookies. I have been checking cookies, page by page, and several offers (modpath, for one) don't seem to leave cookies. This seems odd because I would think that is how the offers are tracked. I always have offers that go into pending but there is just so many, suddenly. And, it could just be that I have deluged the companies with my address and ip and that is why I am not crediting. But, since others, who have been on as long and longer than me, are crediting, I still think that it is possible that one of my software protections is blocking something. If I ever figure it out, I will pass a long the info. I don't think this would be considered cheating, as in figuring out how to "work" the offer, because I think it could be a computer issue that I need to fix. I don't have anything against cookies, just want to avoid something that will screw up my computer or steal shopping credit from SR.

Yes, please pass on what ever you can find....I've said to myself right along that it must be my computer because I see others getting offers to credit and I'll do the same one, even with a new email or one that I haven't used in a while and I still don't get the credit. I can get most of the new ones or ones that have never seen my name, address, phone number, IP address or what ever they want of my information to give me the credit for!! So, I do get some and that's what I don't really understand? :(

mjjmbnmm
03-09-2009, 12:33 PM
I haven't been doing the them as much because the ones that are there don't credit for me and then they just sit in pending forever, I guess I can give some more a shot and see what happens.

jollytammy
03-09-2009, 12:41 PM
I stopped doing offers from companies that never seem to credit. I know MID and Aisle#7 credit, so I do those.
I also do the offer if you send it by email.
It's just frustrating:computer: to take the time to do offers that you know won't credit.

zoodoyle
03-09-2009, 12:59 PM
Several of the new offers are not fast crediting. They are manual which means that reports have to be pulled and credits have to be posted manually. You may actually have a few credits out there waiting!!

Thanks Angie! I'll keep my fingers crossed :D

StitchandPooh'smom
03-09-2009, 01:06 PM
I don't do the freebies since they ask for my phone number. I do sign up for the newsletters (Ideal Bite, Arcamax) that interest me if I only need to give an e-mail address or even a street address. I do the paid offers if it is something I want to get, and I've been working really hard on surveys so I can keep SM this quarter! :sunshine: Not much shopping this quarter, either, but that should improve as we get more into spring.

OhMari
03-09-2009, 01:49 PM
Since January Freebie's have really been down for me.
I actually get a message from the site, that I am in their data-base when new offers get posted.
So I usually don't continue.
What gets me mad, is the "health" one's, where I am in their database and I never got the credit.

Our cable company will be renewing our IP' addresses this Spring, so hopefully Freebies will start crediting again.
I don't know why our cable company does that, but I usually end up on the phone over an hour fixing my computer when they do it.

spring
03-09-2009, 01:52 PM
Honestly, I pay attention to the Automatic Credits and the Not Automatic, but it credited threads. However, I do strike out on my own and try at least a few offers a week that nobody has mentioned. If they credit, I try to post them so others will give them a try.

However, I do not do as many as I used to as I try to divide my time on SR up. I have fairly good luck with surveys, so I almost always try them, and if I still have time left over, I'll also try a paid offer or two. Working full time, like many on here do, does not give me as much time to be on SR as I'd like. I certainly can bop in from time to time to check the forum while at work, but not do much else.

bajam
03-09-2009, 02:00 PM
I stopped doing freebies a few months ago. I wasn't getting credit for very many. Like less than 10%. I just figured they've had enough of my name, address and phone number. Another good reason to hope for a transfer soon :)

sammielynn
03-09-2009, 02:06 PM
I was just looking at the offers and after saying that nothing had credited for me in a while, I tried one and it credited!
#1580974 Paid Signup: Slim Seduction Survey 0.35 Credits

toystoryduo
03-09-2009, 02:32 PM
I love the freebie offers because they often help me make SM. :D For awhile there, I couldn't get things to credit and had a huge pending list. After we switched from dial-up to DSL, I started getting more freebies to credit.

Yesterday, my DH and I were going through the bills and he noticed that we had an unauthorized charge on our phone bill. He called the phone company about the charge, they took the charge off the bill, and then they gave my DH the phone number of the place who charged our bill. When my DH spoke to their customer service rep, they gave him the e-mail address that we only use for freebie offers as to how we signed up. I don't think either one of us knowingly signed up for the long distance offer, but now I'm kind of worried about giving out my phone number on these offers. :(

Breeze88
03-09-2009, 02:38 PM
I'll try a few if I have time and lately I've even had a few credit, but not often enough to make them something I do daily. I also made the mistake of putting my cell phone number on something from here and now I'm thinking that I'll have to change my cell number because of the phone calls as I have limited minutes.

Love2Shop
03-09-2009, 03:00 PM
I think I have pretty much gotten the hang of the offers by now. There are some offers that I know probably won't credit for me because of the company they are through, so I don't usually bother with those (like modpath). The rest of the offers I will usually try when they are put up, especially the health and quiz offers. Also, if I get an email, I will try the offer.

I really appreciate the trouble you go through to put them up for us. :thanks:

JillyFish
03-09-2009, 03:05 PM
Well, I just had this whole response typed out about how things aren't crediting as well as they used to for me, my computer crashing so doing fewer offers, blah, blah, blah. But I thought I better check my stats before I posted. Turns out that since the beginning of the year, I've gotten credit for 8 out of 19 "freebie" offers that I have done. So a little over 40%.....which is about how I've usually done. So I guess the REAL reason why I haven't been doing as many offers is that I've been around here for a while and I think I am just tired of doing them! There....how's THAT for complete honesty?? LOL!

It's hard to go to WDW on clicks and scratch-off though....so I better get busy!

Magical JenK
03-09-2009, 03:14 PM
Add me to the list of "Oh it won't credit anyway" thought process. I chalk it up to doing offers for a few years...I'm in their systems. I try new emails & that used to work, but that's not working anymore either. I go through spurts though like this week I plan on trying a few because 1) I won't make SM status so every penny has got to count & 2) DH will be at work a few nights this week so I'll be able to have UNINTERRUPTED SR time. Then some weeks I think...ugg...nah, I'll do them later.

Oh & some of them just take sooooo long. I know that's petty, and I don't mind if they don't credit, but must they be so long?? Like, if they could be short & don't credit, I don't care...but the long ones...it should be a rule...those SHOULD credit! hahahahaha

marcymajor
03-09-2009, 03:33 PM
i just completed another freebie around 2:10, got the confirmation email, confirmed and guess what - no credit. oh well, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't but it does tend to get a little frustrating when you spend time doing the offer and confirm it and still no credit. unless things start crediting for me again, i may just take a break from freebies for a while.

chipndale
03-09-2009, 03:33 PM
Well, I have been attempting more offers than in the past. With DH layed off, shopping is not much of an option! I do try to get a daily survey every day but DH does not have alot of luck with OTX and the super member survey. I just checked and I am $24.83 from making super member this quarter. I have been trying atleast one offer a day. For the last couple of years I was probably in the majority because modpath, tnmtech and eltpath offers would usually credit. Lately the modpath offers are a toss up but the tnmtech and eltpath offers just will not credit. I really think it is something with my computer also. We had a winter thunderstorm and it knocked out the cable and internet for 2 days and since then I just have had a much harder time getting offers to credit. I think something is not right but I have no clue what it could be.

Sunni
03-09-2009, 03:52 PM
I like others...time is a factor..now that I am back to work. Surveys are first, that takes time as I think I am not what they are looking for......then shopping around when needed...offers are last...also because I too have been having troubles with crediting lately. I have taken a break to see what will happened in awhile. I am always afraid to clear cookies so it does not mess up my SR credits with shopping. I do it with my fingers crossed.
I do like offers ...guess they just don't like me sometimes...many times...but I still like them. :D

:hugs: Angie...thanks for all that you do and thank you for asking what it going on.

marcymajor
03-09-2009, 04:15 PM
i stand corrected - the offer i did earlier just credited. my bad.:cooldance:

sarah4770
03-09-2009, 04:25 PM
my honest answer is that most of the offers I am doing are not crediting... whether I try through IE or google chrome. I am putting in more hours at work lately, and I would rather spend my free time on the internet ( what little of it that I have have) on something that is definitely going to payoff. not trying to sound like a grump, but when you sit and try to do offers or surveys for an hour and nothing is crediting, or you cant qualify, you stop wanting to spend your time that way.

kimntrent
03-09-2009, 04:31 PM
Hi! Most of the offers don't credit for me either. I use Safari and Firefox and it just doesn't happen for me. But it doesn't stop me from trying them. I send a lot of people in to do offers for the ones that do credit for me and I agree with everyone else the address and phone number thing is worrysome at times. But I have been really busy with other things too. I really don't have a straight answer but I love the offers when I can try them.

missymouse
03-09-2009, 05:00 PM
Of the last 20 or so offers I have tried none credited no matter what I do, I can't get a survey and I will probably lose SM for the first time ever because I also don't have time to try more than 10 or so times for surveys and am tired of doing offers completely and getting nothing in return. They take time and I am just trying to keep my head above water at work right now without having to spend hours on surveys and offers that won't credit. I am less than $25 away from SM but even if I finish surveys they end up not returning me to the SR page and don't credit.

ETA: And I am not even lucky enough to win the Second Chance survey bonus.

disneymomma
03-09-2009, 05:02 PM
Same as everyone else, offers haven't been crediting well for me either lately, despite doing everything I know how to do However, I'll continue to do them because you never know when one WILL credit, and sometimes they show up unexpectedly weeks later, which is always a nice surprise.

What I do to keep my pending list from being a mile long and looking discouraging, is go through the offers weekly and remove the ones that are no longer listed because they credit poorly or are expired or whatever. It keeps my list shorter and I don't have as many to wonder about, why this or that didn't credit.

bbangel
03-09-2009, 05:07 PM
I do try for the ones that are available up here :sunshine:

askomsky
03-09-2009, 05:12 PM
Same as everyone else, offers haven't been crediting well for me either lately, despite doing everything I know how to do However, I'll continue to do them because you never know when one WILL credit, and sometimes they show up unexpectedly weeks later, which is always a nice surprise.

What I do to keep my pending list from being a mile long and looking discouraging, is go through the offers weekly and remove the ones that are no longer listed because they credit poorly or are expired or whatever. It keeps my list shorter and I don't have as many to wonder about, why this or that didn't credit.

I do that with my pending offers too. I hate having a "full" list (sorta like having too many emails in my inbox, just can't take it!) so I go through every so often and get rid of the ones that are no longer active that are over 30 days old.

chipndale
03-09-2009, 05:16 PM
I do that with my pending offers too. I hate having a "full" list (sorta like having too many emails in my inbox, just can't take it!) so I go through every so often and get rid of the ones that are no longer active that are over 30 days old.

Glad to hear that others do that too. It drives me insane to have so many offers pending. I can't stand checking DH email for him - I think he has kept every email since March 2007 ( the date we moved into our new home and got comcast)! I always tell him that the delete button is there for a reason. :rolleyes:

DarcyDog
03-09-2009, 05:53 PM
I'm having trouble getting offers to credit, so I decided to back off for a while. I used to love to do them, but when you put the time and effort in and they don't credit, it gets discouraging.

I'm having trouble qualifying for surveys too, so maybe it's just a run of bad luck.

memanana
03-09-2009, 06:20 PM
Same here as everyone else I try the offers but for the last couple of months none have credited I have even used some of my old e-mail accounts and still no crediting.But I still keep trying.

bartleby1
03-09-2009, 07:40 PM
To be honest, something is going on with crediting on freebie offers. I've been experiencing it as well as many others. It is NOT a problem that is unique to SR though. From what I am hearing, it is happening at all programs.

I think what is going on is that people are getting frustrated and giving up trying. I know that I used to try just about every freebie, but I've cut way back because I'm having crediting issues. I'm sure many others are doing the same.

So, what you are seeing is that while the offers appear to be crediting at the same percentage rates, it is only because those of us who are having issues have dropped out of the race, so to speak, resulting in the low numbers of people trying offers that you are seeing. If we all jumped back in and tried all of the offers again, I think you'd be shocked to see how many of us aren't getting credit for many of the offers. I've tried and tried, but I can't figure out why things aren't crediting, but something strange is going on in the freebie world. I've been involved in rewards programs for 10 years. I know the drill, and something isn't right lately.

I know that you have been trying really hard to get new offers up. I see them all posted and your efforts are appreciated but it gets very frustrating when you give all of your information, sign up for extra things within the offers, take your time, clear cookies, etc, and then things don't credit.

mmm611
03-09-2009, 07:49 PM
Angie, you rock! I've been slacking off lately more as well and that is due in large part to it being tax season at work. I'm getting stressed out enough there that I don't want to deal with that kind of crap at home. Surveys haven't gone very well for me since about Christmas, but I keep trying a few times a day. Once in a while, I'll get one, although for some weird reason it seems like I'm doing better with surveys on the weekends right now.

As for offers, like others have said, I just don't feel like investing a lot of time in them right now. I'm trying to get myself to do one or two a day, but sometimes I give myself a day or three off from that. When I see the new offers up, I check the auto credits thread and manual credits to see what's working well and try those. If I see one from a company I have a really good track record with, I'll try that immediately. It's just that on days like today when there are like 10 new offers, it's kind of like freebie overload.

sammielynn
03-09-2009, 07:59 PM
OK, what's going on??? Nothing credited for so long, just some hit or miss stuff, like one every other week or so. And today I've had three credit? I'm thrilled but mystified.

Arky
03-09-2009, 08:01 PM
I tend to SR in bursts. I was working really hard for my cash out and once I reached it I slowed down. I haven't been having much credit and thought I should just take a break.

I still try to get a survey in every day. Slowly but surely I'll get to WDW!

chipndale
03-09-2009, 08:18 PM
OK, what's going on??? Nothing credited for so long, just some hit or miss stuff, like one every other week or so. And today I've had three credit? I'm thrilled but mystified.

Maybe the offer Gods have started to smile down upon us again. Earlier today, I stated that I have not been able to get an tnmtech offer to credit in some time. After that I went and tried an offer as soon as I saw it was a tnmtech offer I thought that this will never credit and took a phone call and let the offer sit. I was positive that it would not credit. Well, I just checked and I received credit for it. Maybe we will start and get credits again. Should I press my luck and try another?

jnorth1007
03-09-2009, 08:27 PM
I did 6 offers today and 4 of them credited and the other two are manual credits so may come through when the credits are pulled. I made sure that I didn't have any other programs open except SR. I used a new email. I did one of each type and I went slow through the offers and waited for each page to completely load including the ones where you pick an offer on the silver gold. I let it open completely on the pop up and read what it said before closing it out. I only had 2 confirmation emails to respond to. I have made 7.61 today not counting the DS that won't credit until tomorrow. I would say it must be a good day for doing freebies.

eaglesdare
03-09-2009, 09:04 PM
well after reading these posts, i decided to try some. and i just had a heck of a time getting my computer working normal again.

i stopped doing them because i stopped getting credit. i had that extra 15 dollars attached to my phone bill and then i have had computer problems.

so after what just happened i just can't risk it with this computer oh and the couple i did just try wanted my phone number. i will not give that anymore, not after the 15 dollar added to my phone bill.

fanofree
03-09-2009, 10:04 PM
I still love the freebies - but like everyone else, the payout is down. I actually kept track...

In January I did 42 offers. 17 did not credit. 60% credited.
In February I did 54 offers. 42 did not credit. 22% credited.
So far I have done 10 in March. 6 did not credit. 40% credited.

In February, even ones that always work and I enjoy - MID, A#7, HFTM - did not work. And when the Auto Loan one didn't credit and I received all those insurance quotes - I wanted to scream! (At least I know I'm with the right insurance company!) The elpath, modpath, etc are once in a blue moon. Kind of like the days of "Un-Generous Genie," I never got one of them to credit!

So, since I made SM for this quarter - I thought I'd take it slow for a week or so and then try again. But, I will be back!

mmm611
03-10-2009, 08:05 AM
Wow, I DEFINITELY think Miss Angie was sprinkling something around! There's a flood of credits in the Auto credits thread AND I finally got my confirmation email from my last order Sunday night. I couldn't clear cookies till I got that and I got my GC to finally show up too! I've gotten one offer so far, ubt just tried two others this morning. I'll give it another shot after work, depending on how things go today.

Thanks Angie!

jaime
03-10-2009, 08:49 AM
I have been taking a break from the offers too. Nothing was crediting for me either, but after reading the last 2 pages here, I'm going to go and try some today! :D

missangie
03-10-2009, 09:40 AM
Thanks to everyone for your feedback. Keep it coming if you have more to share. I have been reading your posts as they've come in. I appreciate each of you for taking time to let us know your thoughts. Member satisfaction is very important to us at SR, and I want to ensure that I am doing my part to make this a place you want to spend your time. I'll be reviewing offers over the next few days. Perhaps I will have some feedback to share with you that will help increase your sucess in this area!

Magical JenK
03-10-2009, 11:14 AM
Well I was inspired but all the posts yesterday saying how they got credit, so last night I went to the Auto Credit thread, did two that many people posted that they got to credit & still no credit....just a FYI....I set up a new email account, didn't have anything but SR open (as JNorth suggested) & still no credit....I tried...and I'll continue to try...but just wanted to report.

clickingdiva
03-10-2009, 01:10 PM
missangie, I really do appreciate all the time you take looking for offers for all of us, putting them up, taking them down to check if they are crediting, pulling offers whose links have expired, etc. and I like the offers being available. Thanks so much! :sunshine:
Yes, :thanks: so much, Angie, for working so hard on this, with us in mind!

I, too, am seriously discouraged by how few offers I do actually credit, even though I think I'm doing all I can to get them to. I still try, every now & then, & do a few, but then nothing credits & I'm only reinforced in my disappointment.

Another quote, from arob414: "...so I have spent the past several days trying to figure out if something, on my computer, is blocking cookies. I have been checking cookies, page by page, and several offers (modpath, for one) don't seem to leave cookies. This seems odd because I would think that is how the offers are tracked. I always have offers that go into pending but there is just so many, suddenly. And, it could just be that I have deluged the companies with my address and ip and that is why I am not crediting. But, since others, who have been on as long and longer than me, are crediting, I still think that it is possible that one of my software protections is blocking something. If I ever figure it out, I will pass a long the info. I don't think this would be considered cheating, as in figuring out how to "work" the offer, because I think it could be a computer issue that I need to fix. I don't have anything against cookies, just want to avoid something that will screw up my computer or steal shopping credit from SR."

Please do pass on this info if/ when you figure it out! & feel free to PM it to me, as well, especially if posting it is a problem for any reason. I'm really discouraged but/and am always on the lookout for ideas to turn the situation around.

clickingdiva
03-10-2009, 01:35 PM
I forgot to mention that for the first 5 weeks or so that I was a member here, I didn't understand how to use the 'Pending' page. In fact, I didn't even know that it existed! I don't know if I'm the only 1, but if not, that might be seriously skewing your #s, Angie, as new folks might tend to sign up a lot, in their enthusiasm, & as bartleby1 said, just quietly drop out, when they get disappointed.

I accept the time expended in doing offers, when they credit, but nobody likes to feel like they're wasting their time.

sqromano
03-10-2009, 02:20 PM
Just like others have said, I am discouraged by not getting offers to credit. When I first started, I was pretty clueless about cookies and how to get through some of the offers. Now, I clear cookies, every once in a while change e-mails, click on the confirmation e-mails, and check the Automatic Credits thread. Still, my pending list just seems to get longer! I will keep trying, just not as a priority unless I have time.

askomsky
03-10-2009, 02:23 PM
Well I was inspired but all the posts yesterday saying how they got credit, so last night I went to the Auto Credit thread, did two that many people posted that they got to credit & still no credit....just a FYI....I set up a new email account, didn't have anything but SR open (as JNorth suggested) & still no credit....I tried...and I'll continue to try...but just wanted to report.

same here Jen. :confused:

spring
03-10-2009, 03:16 PM
Hmmm.....today I got a whole bunch of Manual Credits posted to my account, seriously taking a dent out of my pending file and adding a nice chunk to my coffer. I think having the Manual Credits come through is a HUGE morale booster. Whenever I don't get credit on the hour, I just think, "Oh well, I'll retry in 30 days." I know that posting Manual Credits takes some manpower, but perhaps if they posted in some sort of schedule we could be privvy to, that might help? Just a thought....

MdCaterer
03-10-2009, 04:38 PM
I have tired of trying offers that do not credit. I have tried all of the suggestions, clearing emails before doing an offer, clearing cookies in between offers, I even reply to all emails that come through after the offers and still they rarely EVER credit. I have tried all but the last of the now or never offers and none of those have credited even though I have gotten the confirmation emails, etc. It is frustrating and not worth the time and energy put into it.

Alice28
03-10-2009, 07:41 PM
I am really hit or miss with the offers. I read this page a couple days ago, and took a deep breath and tried again. I have internet explorer, Windows XP. My laptop is a few years old, I've been a member of SR for 3 years now.

I ran CCleaner, and made a new gmail address.

And............I got about 5-6 to credit! About $3 in freebies! so, it worked for me! I did a couple more today, and one credited. Some are NOT instant crediting.

This is what has credited for me since yesterday.

#1582929 Paid Signup: Game Duell 0.40 Credits 03/10/2009 Paid
#1582800 Paid Signup: Simple Survey Panel 0.50 Credits 03/10/2009 Paid
#1582552 Paid Signup: Brandarama: $50 Hanes Shopping Spree 0.40 Credits 03/10/2009 Paid
#1582507 Paid Signup: What She Has To Say - 46 inch LCD HDTV 1.00 Credits 03/10/2009 Paid
#1582460 Credit: Daily Survey - 3/9/2009 0.90 Credits 03/10/2009 Paid
#1582255 Paid Click: Hot Jobs (March 2009) 0.01 Credits 03/10/2009 Paid
#1582254 Paid Click: PAEDYNS-PLACE...A GREAT EBAY STORE !! 0.01 Credits 03/10/2009 Paid
#1581453 Paid Signup: ElectronicsSource - HP Touchsmart PC 0.50 Credits 03/09/2009 Paid
#1581305 Credit: Daily Survey - 3/8/2009 0.90 Credits 03/09/2009 Paid
#1581190 Credit: Daily Survey - 3/7/2009 0.90 Credits 03/09/2009 Paid
#1581085 Credit: Daily Survey - 3/6/2009 0.90 Credits 03/09/2009 Paid
#1580977 Paid Signup: Slim Seduction Survey 0.35 Credits 03/09/2009

metallicaruler80
03-10-2009, 08:04 PM
I have actually increased my participation. I am planning a trip this june and need all the extras that SR provide through rewards to make this trip happen. Money is very tight and I find SR a way to help make this possible. Actually without my rewards, I would not be able to take this trip.

Thanks very much to SR.:thanks:

wilsonfamily4
03-10-2009, 08:09 PM
I have actually increased my participation. I am planning a trip this june and need all the extras that SR provide through rewards to make this trip happen. Money is very tight and I find SR a way to help make this possible. Actually without my rewards, I would not be able to take this trip.

That is such a nice post. :)

I decided to try a bunch of offers the last few days and I feel like I am having fairly goo dluck. I have had 17 credit and 11 not credit in the last 3 days. I am hoping some of those that haven't credited will credit later.

I am just really happy for every penny I can get. I will be using money this year for fun activites/events this summer for the family and then for Christmas presents and things that go along with that in December so it just feels great to have this come from me and not our budget!

ligrumpygirl
03-10-2009, 09:13 PM
I rarely get offers to credit anymore. I just did the beer survey today...and I get 99.9% of my shopping credits. I know everything is right on my computer and I follow all the rules.

Did two of the contest offers today - NOTHING...My Vista Prints haven't been crediting either the last few times.

VERY FRUSTRATING to say the least! :computer:

Ok wow I actually just got ONE! It was 10 minutes after the hour which was weird but ok...

aknight373
03-10-2009, 10:22 PM
i love all the freebies.. that is about 99.99999 % on how i earn my money here. I just have not had time durning the week to do them. so i try to do as many as i can through the weekend!!!

missangie
03-11-2009, 12:17 PM
After reviewing your comments and concerns and having a number of discussions about offer activity and crediting, I've compiled more information and tips to add to our Offers Sticky. Much of it you are already aware of, but you may need a reminder. Please read through this sticky. Perhaps there is something there that will help.

I will continue to look for quality offers for you to try. I want you to have as many crediting opportunities available to you as possible!! :love:

sammielynn
03-11-2009, 01:00 PM
I thank you, my children thank you, and Disney should thank you!:clap:

missangie
03-11-2009, 01:20 PM

Wonderful to hear! I'm glad we can help. I know SR is an incredible source for vacation funds for number of our members. We'll do our best to help make your financial burden less stressful!!

Stay plugged in and let us know if you need anything!!

kimntrent
03-11-2009, 01:35 PM
Well I have to say that 99% of my shopping credits and if it doesn't it is because of something stupid. But without the offers that do credit and the surveys I do get and the shopping I do get to come through I have paid for my crib for the baby's room. It is an awesome feeling to know that. Sunshine has given us the ability to travel to DL on weekend trips. I will keep trying offers and telling my people about offers.

linanglab
03-11-2009, 03:30 PM
Well, I do all of them. I LOVE freebie offers. I am SOOOO thankful for them. So....PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not take them away! I loved waking up on Monday and seeing several offers that have credited. Yes....some do not. But I am very thankful for the ones that do.

I don't do more than 3-4 a day though, because I think they credit better if you spread them out. So it doesn't look fraudulent.

Also, I always go back and do some in my pending that did not credit (as long as it has been at least 30 days). But I do those when there are no more freebie credit left to do in the "new offers".

So....thanks for the freebie offers! I NEED them. And I do ALL of them.

MamaO
03-11-2009, 08:38 PM
I don't get many offers to credit anymore, even with clearing cookies, a new email address, using a variety of browsers, etc. But just the possibility that I'll go to my account page and see one that credited keeps me doing them from time to time. Silly as it might sound I still get a 'rush' over .40 or .50 from an offer that credits - and I know everyone here understands!
I am blocked from doing offers at work, and when I get home I try to get at least one survey in and check in to at least read a little on the Forum. That's just a better use of my time than trying offers that have a high probability of not crediting. But I would still miss them if they went away!

julie007
03-17-2009, 04:48 PM
It doesn't bother me when they don't credit. I just take it in stride. There are a few I have stopped doing though because of it.

I asked one or two times of something I was seeing that changed in the past few months. I was told I couldn't ask that because it was "telling" or "cheating" or something silly like that. So maybe I can ask again and not be told I am "trying to play the game" or whatever. It is not that it is a legit question as to why they may not be crediting.

Prob around Nov/Dec is when I noticed a few started doing the final steps pages opens as soon as you start the freebie. Then they started doing the pop ups right after you close this. When this happens since you technically are getting the final page twice is this causing a "fault" that you have done this and making it cancel it or something? Does this make sense to anyone?

jnorth1007
03-17-2009, 05:10 PM
It doesn't bother me when they don't credit. I just take it in stride. There are a few I have stopped doing though because of it.

I asked one or two times of something I was seeing that changed in the past few months. I was told I couldn't ask that because it was "telling" or "cheating" or something silly like that. So maybe I can ask again and not be told I am "trying to play the game" or whatever. It is not that it is a legit question as to why they may not be crediting.

Prob around Nov/Dec is when I noticed a few started doing the final steps pages opens as soon as you start the freebie. Then they started doing the pop ups right after you close this. When this happens since you technically are getting the final page twice is this causing a "fault" that you have done this and making it cancel it or something? Does this make sense to anyone?

I guess there are two parts to the answer. I think the "silly" thing you were told is that we can't tell you how to go about doing the offers without really doing the offers. In other words we can't tell people "just do this and this and you will get credit" the fact is that the point of the offers is to have people read through ALL of the offers and decide if they would like to participate in them or not. If we said "just click no and then open one or two" we and you would be cheating and it would be considered fraud.

Now the question about the two different ending pages. I have always gotten two different ending pages in the years I have been doing offers. Since the point of the offer is to do the whole offer from beginning to end I ignore the first pop up of ending pages that shows up. Usually if you look at the top of that one it has a different offer name on it anyway. I leave it open in the background and continue through the offer pages all the way through to the end. Once I have gone all the way through I close out any pages that are left open. You should only have to complete the gold, silver, bronze offer pages once and I have found that the last set is usually the one that has the same title as the offer I am doing. I have always gotten credit for my offers doing it this way so the two final pages are not affecting your ability to get credit unless you are going straight to that first set of final pages and completing the path that includes all the yes and no pages. I hope that makes sense and answers your questions.

Breeze88
03-17-2009, 05:34 PM
Now I'm confused, do you HAVE to complete the gold, silver, etc. to get the credit??

SunshineGirl
03-17-2009, 05:45 PM
Our advertisers do not permit us to say how far you need to go in an offer to get credit it. They consider that cheating. But if an offer is a "freebie," you do not have to buy anything at all to get credit. That means that you do not have to sign up for any kind of paid trials. You MAY have to opt in to receive some free information or free newsletters. And you DO have to at least go through all of the pages to check everything out. But you do NOT have to pay for anything.

Breeze88
03-17-2009, 05:56 PM
I do look through the offers and some of them I've even chosen to get the information for, but as far as the gold/silver stuff there just isn't anything that I'm interested in.

julie007
03-17-2009, 06:20 PM
I guess there are two parts to the answer. I think the "silly" thing you were told is that we can't tell you how to go about doing the offers without really doing the offers. In other words we can't tell people "just do this and this and you will get credit" the fact is that the point of the offers is to have people read through ALL of the offers and decide if they would like to participate in them or not. If we said "just click no and then open one or two" we and you would be cheating and it would be considered fraud.

This is what I am talking about anytime I ask a question as to if I am completeing the offer corectly I get in return that I am trying to defraud the company thing. I am in no way trying to figure out how to "just get credit."

Now the question about the two different ending pages. I have always gotten two different ending pages in the years I have been doing offers. Since the point of the offer is to do the whole offer from beginning to end I ignore the first pop up of ending pages that shows up. Usually if you look at the top of that one it has a different offer name on it anyway. I leave it open in the background and continue through the offer pages all the way through to the end. Once I have gone all the way through I close out any pages that are left open. You should only have to complete the gold, silver, bronze offer pages once and I have found that the last set is usually the one that has the same title as the offer I am doing. I have always gotten credit for my offers doing it this way so the two final pages are not affecting your ability to get credit unless you are going straight to that first set of final pages and completing the path that includes all the yes and no pages. I hope that makes sense and answers your questions.

yes this does make sense as I ALWAYS complete the offers to the end and do something on each one that I complete. I am not a person to just want something for nothing by any means. This actually helps alot. I have been closing the pop up thing out first so maybe who knows this may be changing something. Who knows since you say they usually have a different name.

Thanks

Weluvdisny
03-23-2009, 02:01 PM
In the last six months or so I have been concentrating more on the surveys than offers because I know I will get credit for those (most anyway ;)) Since we had a crazy credit a while ago and I got 6 out of 7 I have started trying a few a day. I look and see what's crediting for everyone and try them. It seems to me that the bigger ones like $1 and up don't work for me as much as the smaller ones. I'm not sure why.

I'm just so thankful to SR for this opportunity to make some extra money for my Disney fix. Every penny helps!:love:

Breeze88
03-23-2009, 02:59 PM
Maybe I'm still just not getting it, but it seems that only a very few of the offers credit for me. I have whole list in pending that I thought I did right, but they just sit there not doing anything.

Maybe I need to clear the cookies out of the kitchen too :rotfl:

kimntrent
03-23-2009, 03:05 PM
I am with you on the non crediting ones too. My mom and I compare lists all the time it is too funny. I have been doing pretty well on surveys and the sure fire credits but I think the economy and these sites are just getting tight you know. I love sunshine and I wouldn't choose anywhere else.

tink2008
03-23-2009, 03:09 PM
When I was using SR regulary 2 years ago I did very well on offers. I did them more than the surveys. I returned to SR to try ot earn some extra cash for our trip in November. Since I have been back 3-12-2009 I have been doing about 5 offers a day. I rarely have any credit. The only ones I do get to credit are for signing up for newsletters, emails or sending cards to myself. I have over 36 pending. I don't know what is so different but I find that offers rarely pay like they use to.

dawgsgirl
03-23-2009, 06:01 PM
I don't consider them "freebies." I am selling them my email address, along with my name, address, and phone #. I am also getting fewer and fewer of them to credit. But, a big part of my problem is my laziness. To do the offers, I have to run Adaware, clean cookies, clean out my email box and get ready to confirm any offers. Then I have to do the offers, do the email confirmations, and hope something credits. Then I have to make sure to run Adaware, spywre, etc, when I get through. Whew! It is time consuming. But I do depend on them for some SR money and would hate to see them go. Gee, I suppose that is a real definitive answer. :cooldance:

faithhope
03-24-2009, 12:33 PM
Great thread!

Personally I have burn out... I love the money... I love the company/friends here on SR... I'm just sick of the clicking :computer: and just sick in general this month :cry:(flu).

I need to refocus and get in gear or we won't have any Disney magic this year. Add me to the list of Disney vacation isn't possible without SR.:love::sunshine:

natofborg
03-24-2009, 10:16 PM
I very rarely do anything listed under "offers" becuase I always have to go through numerous pages of clicking no no no no no and it takes forever, then I end up getting spammed all over the place anyway. Then I have to TRY an unsubscribe, but we all know how hard it can be to actually get off a spam mailing list once you're on. I just find the whole "offer" concept frustrating. I stick to surveys and I compare/contrast cash back offers among the various rewards programs that I do when shopping online, and go with whoever is giving the highest % back.

jnorth1007
03-24-2009, 10:47 PM
I don't know if you know this or not but putting your email address as your forum user name could be getting you a lot of spam. That is why we recommend that you use a totally different email to do offers. We also recommend that you don't use your email address as your forum name because electronic searches pick it right up and throw in in the spam lists. Just and FYI that could maybe help you lessen the spam. I use my regular email for SR main and then use a gmail account to do offers. No spam on my regular email and I don't have to do anything but delete the spam in my spam email. I also wanted to add that there are some very good stickies in the forum about how to use the extra gmail accounts to do offers.

disneyforever
03-25-2009, 06:46 AM
I'm having trouble getting offers to credit, so I decided to back off for a while. I used to love to do them, but when you put the time and effort in and they don't credit, it gets discouraging.

I'm having trouble qualifying for surveys too, so maybe it's just a run of bad luck.

This goes for me too. So, I decided to take a complete break this quarter - from surveys, offers, and freebies. I was getting to the point where nothing was crediting and there were no surveys available. Plus, to be honest - I was getting a little burnt out on them. I am looking forward to starting again in April though. My disney account needs some money!!! :rotfl::rotfl:

disneyforever
03-25-2009, 07:11 AM
Also, one other thing...

I have to use Firefox to do the offers and surveys and I know that makes somewhat of a difference. When I had my own computer, I had IE. I had much better luck with offers crediting when using IE. Unfortunately, my computer died and I have to use DH computer. He doesn't allow IE on his computer... period.

Hopefully I can get myself my own computer again!!!

natofborg
03-27-2009, 12:33 PM
I don't know if you know this or not but putting your email address as your forum user name could be getting you a lot of spam. That is why we recommend that you use a totally different email to do offers. We also recommend that you don't use your email address as your forum name because electronic searches pick it right up and throw in in the spam lists. Just and FYI that could maybe help you lessen the spam. I use my regular email for SR main and then use a gmail account to do offers. No spam on my regular email and I don't have to do anything but delete the spam in my spam email. I also wanted to add that there are some very good stickies in the forum about how to use the extra gmail accounts to do offers.

I didn't realize that I had put it as my user name until it was too late. How can I change it? I guess I read the form wrong when entering information.

I also didn't know that I could use a different email address for offers. I thought they were tracked by email address and you had to use the same one. I'll look into it. Thanx.

m 'n c
03-27-2009, 01:26 PM
I didn't realize that I had put it as my user name until it was too late. How can I change it? I guess I read the form wrong when entering information.

I also didn't know that I could use a different email address for offers. I thought they were tracked by email address and you had to use the same one. I'll look into it. Thanx.

I would submit a TT with your desired new name and current name and see if tricia can change it behind the scenes. If not then just reregister in the forums with a new name.