PDA

View Full Version : cross stitching

disneyforever
03-12-2009, 04:06 PM
I am hoping someone can help me.

I like to cross stitch and usually do counted cross stitch, (not the kind with a printed pattern on the cloth) but where one takes a blank aida cloth and x by x by x the picture forms. Well this weekend I went to a garage sale and there was a couple "printed on picture" cloth for sale. However, the lady had lost the instructions, thread, and pattern. I went ahead and bought one of the preprinted cloths - it was too cute to resist. The lady thought I could just send the cloth in somewhere and get it scanned for a new set of instructions, etc, kind of like a photo. So I googled changing photo into cross stitch and came up with several options of places that do it.

Has any of you ever had any dealings with these types of places? I could just choose one but I thought I would see if any of you awesome people had tried anything like this before.

fourfoxesinpa
03-12-2009, 04:46 PM
A couple of years ago, DH sent a vacation picture of the Disney Magic to this company called charts-is-us for one of my Christmas presents. They took the picture and made a cross-stitch chart/pattern out of it. I don't know if they can work from another pattern or if they're still in business. Their website was www.charts-is-us.com and the email that I have on my pattern is gene@charts-is-us.com. HTH.

disneyforever
03-12-2009, 06:17 PM
Thanks Jamie,

I emailed the company and they said to send the cloth print in and they would see what they could do. They think they might be able to help.

I love SR! I knew someone would have an answer for me. :banana: