PDA

View Full Version : Paypal vs. GC

Iteach
08-17-2007, 01:06 PM
Which is the best cash out option, paypal or GC? It seems there is much more flexibility if you choose GC's. When I signed up just a few weeks ago, I chose Paypal, but now I think I want GC. How would I change that? Thanks so much! Loving the sunshine!:sunshine:

jnorth1007
08-17-2007, 02:14 PM
You dont need to change anything. When you are ready to cash out you go to the rewards link and chose the GC you want to cash out for and then hit redeem. You will probably get GC in a more timely fashion since Paypals are only done twice a month. If you cashout through Paypal from 1-15th you get it on the 1st of next month. Since we are past the 15th a Paypal wouldn't come through now until the end of September.

wilsonfamily4
08-17-2007, 06:22 PM
I like paypal as it does allow me some flexibility. I have needed extra cash for the reguaar day stuff so that is nice. It also allows me to use it for paying for our airfare to Disney. Also with gift cards you have to spend it all at the same spot. That is why I like Disney Dollars once I spend them I get real cash back. But I am getting some gift cards to give as gifts to my husbands parents when we take them next January.

mollyeilis
08-17-2007, 06:37 PM
I like paypal as it does allow me some flexibility. I have needed extra cash for the reguaar day stuff so that is nice. It also allows me to use it for paying for our airfare to Disney. Also with gift cards you have to spend it all at the same spot. That is why I like Disney Dollars once I spend them I get real cash back. But I am getting some gift cards to give as gifts to my husbands parents when we take them next January.

FWIW, I'd recommend checking out all the gift certificates you can get from giftcertificates.com, after cashing out SR for supercertificates (which are for giftcertificates.com).

I'm not sure they have airlines, but they have hotels, and all sorts of stores. Although I didn't do this with a SR supercertificate, DH got one from work, and from the one $50 supercertificate, I got one $25 for shoebuy, and one $25 for famous footwear. Except for the wait for the mail for the FF card (shoebuy was emailed), it could not have been easier.

I just cashed our 50 SR credits for a supercertificate which emailed almost instantly, and then redeemed that for a $50 emailed shoebuy GC, and bought DH a pair of shoes, within something like an hour of the original SR redemption.

In case you haven't checked out giftcertificates.com, it has quite a few options that expand on SR's options!

Iteach
08-18-2007, 12:36 AM
Thanks so much for your advice and info everyone!:)