PDA

View Full Version : Cat Cora to Open a restaurant at Boardwalk

Hedy
03-17-2009, 10:15 PM
http://land.allears.net/blogs/dnews/2009/03/celebrity_chef_cat_cora_to_ope.html
I cannot wait.

PSL1013
03-17-2009, 10:27 PM
Oh no, whats going to happen to Spoodles? We were planning on eating here when we go in October. :(

fourfoxesinpa
03-17-2009, 10:32 PM
Since Cat is due with a baby boy at the end of July, she'll be one busy mama. Bet it'll be great.

Hedy
03-18-2009, 08:12 AM
Since Cat is due with a baby boy at the end of July, she'll be one busy mama. Bet it'll be great.

Apparently she and her wife are both pregnant-she certainly will be busy.

disneyforever
03-24-2009, 06:59 AM
Oh no, whats going to happen to Spoodles? We were planning on eating here when we go in October. :(

Everything I have read today - it looks like Spoodles will be gone. :(

I am really sad about that. DH and I were looking forward to eating there in October.

I am looking forward to Cat Cora's new restaurant - I just wish it wasn't at the demise of Spoodles.

PSL1013
03-24-2009, 07:45 AM
Everything I have read today - it looks like Spoodles will be gone. :(

I am really sad about that. DH and I were looking forward to eating there in October.

I am looking forward to Cat Cora's new restaurant - I just wish it wasn't at the demise of Spoodles.

That is so sad....not interested in Cat Cora's, never heard of her? What I'm most disappointed in is...what's going to happen to those pitchers of Sangria and where are we going to be able to get them now? :cry:

~Kathie
03-24-2009, 09:51 AM
That is so sad....not interested in Cat Cora's, never heard of her? What I'm most disappointed in is...what's going to happen to those pitchers of Sangria and where are we going to be able to get them now? :cry:

Cat Cora is going to have a Mediterranean menu which is pretty much what Spoodles has. Wait and see. You may be surprised. Check out Hedy's link and see if you can find some of her recipes on google.

We always liked the food at Spoodles but found the service to be lacking everytime we went there. There were always new servers who had no clue. Being in the restaurant business, we're a little more tolerant of errors and mistakes. But too many bad experiences there........we stopped going.

So...I'm looking forward to trying a new restaurant. We love the Boardwalk.

PSL1013
03-24-2009, 09:55 AM
Cat Cora is going to have a Mediterranean menu which is pretty much what Spoodles has. Wait and see. You may be surprised. Check out Hedy's link and see if you can find some of her recipes on google.

We always liked the food at Spoodles but found the service to be lacking everytime we went there. There were always new servers who had no clue. Being in the restaurant business, we're a little more tolerant of errors and mistakes. But too many bad experiences there........we stopped going.

So...I'm looking forward to trying a new restaurant. We love the Boardwalk.

If they keep serving those same pitchers of Sangria....I'm in!! :rotfl:

schaery
03-27-2009, 06:19 PM
Apparently she and her wife are both pregnant-she certainly will be busy.

Am I missing something? Please tell me you didn't mean that.....

Hedy
03-27-2009, 06:46 PM
Am I missing something? Please tell me you didn't mean that.....

Nope, actually that's exactly what happened http://www.examiner.com/x-6190-Denver-Gay-Parenting-Examiner~y2009m3d25-Iron-Chef-Cat-Cora-and-partner-Jennifer-Cora-expecting

3dog2kidmom
03-27-2009, 10:14 PM

Love Cat Cora (am a Food Network addict!) and cannot wait to eat there! Personally I wasn't impressed with Spoodles. Ask Sunshine Cindy where she got the Sangria we had Saturday night... that was just as good. You can bring your own, LOL!!

ligrumpygirl
03-27-2009, 10:29 PM
Love Cat Cora (am a Food Network addict!) and cannot wait to eat there! Personally I wasn't impressed with Spoodles. Ask Sunshine Cindy where she got the Sangria we had Saturday night... that was just as good. You can bring your own, LOL!!

DEFINITELY happy to see Spoodles go...some of the worst food and service I have ever had!

As for Cat Cora...love the female Iron Chef...can't wait to try her food!

Sangria?? You can buy that?! Thought you made that in your DVC kitchen and brought it along with you...whoops did I say that?? :angel:

Hedy
08-14-2009, 03:20 PM
Kouzinna's menu is up! http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw_nextgen/CoreCatalog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/Media/InternetMediaType/Dining/Kouzzina/kouzzina-menu-dinner.pdf

m 'n c
08-31-2009, 01:33 PM
There was a pretty good review of it over on the WDWradio forums. I think I'm going to add this to the list of restaurants to go to next trip. I know Mike won't mind since they have Alfa beer on the menu and we fell in love with that beer on our cruise. Mythos is good but Alfa is much better if you are going to try one of the two there.

PSL1013
08-31-2009, 02:05 PM
There was a pretty good review of it over on the WDWradio forums. I think I'm going to add this to the list of restaurants to go to next trip. I know Mike won't mind since they have Alfa beer on the menu and we fell in love with that beer on our cruise. Mythos is good but Alfa is much better if you are going to try one of the two there.

We have a ADR for the week we are there and I'll have to mention that beer to my husband...he loves trying new beers. Thanks!

m 'n c
08-31-2009, 02:13 PM
ooh let me know what you think Pam. I have an idea of what I would order but love to hear what you did have and how it was. :)

PSL1013
08-31-2009, 02:22 PM
ooh let me know what you think Pam. I have an idea of what I would order but love to hear what you did have and how it was. :)

I'm pretty sure I'm getting the flank steak for my entree, I know it sounds boring but I'm not too adventurous, I do know I'm getting the Sangria for sure....hoping it tastes the same as Spoodles? :D