PDA

View Full Version : Yet another question....PayPal this time

GrumpyWick77
03-19-2009, 07:32 PM
If you cashout through PayPal, do they charge you a fee? I have used them in the past for eBay transactions and they have taken a cut before. So if I cashout through PayPal for $600, will I get the full amount or less?

sqromano
03-19-2009, 08:18 PM
Paypal does take a fee, just like when selling on ebay.

wilsonfamily4
03-19-2009, 08:29 PM
Actually when I first started using paypal here at SR they did take some money out. I had a business account for selling on ebay. So I got another paypal account that was a basic account and now use that on Sunshine and it doesn't take money from me. It has been quite awhile since I changed so things may have changed at paypal but thought I might warn you.

askomsky
03-19-2009, 08:37 PM
All depends on the paypal account you have. IF the one you currently have has taken out fees before then it WILL take out fees now, bc then your set up as a preimer acct to accept/use credit cards.

What I did was open another paypal account and linked it to my checking account but it was a BASIC account. No debit card to have to withdraw money, no credit cards accepted etc. I use that to cash out for SR and no fees are taken out. It just means that it takes a few days longer to hit the bank account bc I have to transfer the $ within paypal to my bank once SR puts it there. So I have 2 different paypal accounts with 2 different email addresses, 1 for ebay and 1 for SR.

mollyeilis
03-20-2009, 12:49 PM
I agree with askomsky!

I have a normal basic simple account that I use for buying on ebay. No bells and whistles, and I am NOT charged when I get paypal from SR.