PDA

View Full Version : What did I do before this place? (long blathering post of appreciation)

mollyeilis
08-18-2007, 03:08 PM
I was just doing the math, after putting in for another Disney gift card...realized I've now redeemed for $300 worth of gift cards, for 283.50 credits. So wildly cool!

Yeah, I've done the trial offers where you put out a dollar, or a bit more, I've gotten some things that I never thought about getting (business cards, or a cute little t-shirt for DS) that I paid shipping for, and so on. But really, everything else involves things I would have gotten anyway...books, movie memberships, shoe shopping, and so on.

A year ago I would have made the same purchases, but gotten NOTHING back on them. But now I've helped myself by getting credit back, and of course have helped the Sunshine family for what they get b/c of my shopping, and I can't believe what a chump I was for not doing this before!

Of course, I didn't know about it last year. :) And it only took a couple months on the Dis for me to realize that the people talking this site up weren't lying... :rotfl:

What's funny is I've already spent part of one of the big Disney gift cards, b/c I needed a bathing suit and could find NOTHING reasonable, until I noticed a Mickey hana print bathing suit on disneyshopping outlet. And then just yesterday I ordered two, yes two, mickey print dresses (one hana, one postcard print) from the same place. I'm a total weirdo who likes wearing dresses to amusement parks, I just find them cooler, so now I have two outfits for disneyland, and a bathing suit for the Paradise Pier and/or DLH pools! (now I get to see if disneyshopping gives SR credit for shopping WITH a giftcard like shoebuy does)

Beyond the gift cards, because of what I've found through this site, I have tried Crocs, DS has two new pairs of shoes, I bought some gift for a friend's baby shower, DH will soon have new Tevas...I have those Mickey print clothes, we have movies to buy and rent, books to buy that DS loves (and some books for me, too)...if we meet anyone at Disneyland and become best friends forever, we'll have business cards with name and email address, and DS will have a cute little screenprinted shirt. Oh and don't forget the "anniversary" band I got because SR introduced me to ice.com. AND just the other night I made an order through gap.com, for a little black dress I hope I can wear to my upcoming 20 year reunion!

Anyway, I just wanted to share how cool it all is, and thank the Sunshines for having such a great site, business, and community (I will never forget how you all were NICE to me after my very bad day with DS).

tink2008
08-18-2007, 03:14 PM
I have to agree with you . Sunshine rewards is such a fun place to be. You get paid to shop, you earn extra GC that you can use on your trips. I get to talk and meet new people that I would never get to meet elsewhere. And it gives me something to do while I lie here in bed recovering from a broken back. Thanks! :cooldance:

mollyeilis
08-18-2007, 03:18 PM
Ooh that sounds painful! What exactly did you break?

tink2008
08-18-2007, 03:22 PM
Oh it is a long story but to keep it simple... LOL
When I gave birth to my now 5 year old he came so quickly he blew out all the disks in my lower back. They did the surgery about a year ago and when they did the surgery they shattered two vertiabre and I had to have another surgery to fix that. And it is just not healing correctly so I have to take it really easy for a couple more months. I get to drive around Disneyland on a scooter and look funny in Nov. But I am getting better.

bs4free
08-18-2007, 03:28 PM
Well I am sure everyone who as even glanced at these boards in the last two weeks, or one of my over 1000 posts, knows how much I love, enjoy, and am thankfull for SR. But its always good to say it again! I had doubt when i joined, I did Alladvantage way back when, and well that did not turn out good, but once i met all of the great many people on SR, and the person that refered me from DIS, thanks!, I never would have had the extra cash to spend at disney! I know i will get something(s) great for them, I have no exact plans, like a dinner, or a MNSSHP, or the Pin Event, because they were all bought, and paid for before i joined SR. I found out i have been missing out on tons of extra cash on shopping, Newegg, DisneyShopping, fogdog... all places in the last year i have spent alot of money and even 1% back adds up as i have learned with my disney visa! That will also be a big boost to my spending at WDW in only 14 DAYS WOOT! I can not belive the community and how active the sunshine family is in the site, community, and everthing, they make this a place i dont want to leave, and will miss during my trip! I will be counting the daily surrveys i have missed everyday! So to make this short reply and thank you shorter, i will just conclude, with WOOT! Thanks, and four sunshines becuse vB wont let me give you any more!
:sunshine: :sunshine: :sunshine: :sunshine:

mollyeilis
08-18-2007, 03:31 PM
Oh it is a long story but to keep it simple... LOL
When I gave birth to my now 5 year old he came so quickly he blew out all the disks in my lower back. They did the surgery about a year ago and when they did the surgery they shattered two vertiabre and I had to have another surgery to fix that. And it is just not healing correctly so I have to take it really easy for a couple more months. I get to drive around Disneyland on a scooter and look funny in Nov. But I am getting better.

Oh. My. Gosh.

OK I only THOUGHT it was feeling like my hips were going to hit opposite walls. I didn't know one could actually have spinal damage! (was your boy posterior, by any chance?) And I consider myself to be quite the birth-story junky!

Wait, did they shatter them on purpose, or was it some horrible error? :(

You won't look funny in the scooter, you will look comfy, b/c otherwise you'd be miserable!

spring
08-18-2007, 03:39 PM
:hugs: Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about your back, Tink. That's a horrible thing for you to have to go through. Having a baby should be a joyful time, but how could you be joyous when in so much pain. I'm really glad that you are getting better.

mollyeilis
08-18-2007, 04:03 PM
OK, OK, I'll stop talking about your back. Hard to do, as the mysteries of birth fascinate me, AND I'm a retired chiropractor, but I'll soldier on without talking about it more. :)

tink2008
08-18-2007, 04:05 PM
OK, OK, I'll stop talking about your back. Hard to do, as the mysteries of birth fascinate me, AND I'm a retired chiropractor, but I'll soldier on without talking about it more. :)

I just didnt want to take away from your original post. Thanks for caring!

SunshineGirl
08-18-2007, 09:02 PM
Believe me, I thank my lucky stars every day for SR as well!!

There are so many GPT sites and rewards sites that come and go. I was lucky enough to find a group of people who started out with me in the early, early days (Lynn, Shirley, Carla, Mary, Shelly, etc) who helped me make enough money to quit my "real" job and devote my life to SR. We had absolutely no clue 18 months ago what this little world was going to turn into. Now it is so much fun!! I wish that I could pay someone to do all of the behind the scenes work so that I could spend more time in the forum and chat with all of you. LOL!

BTW...I gave my MIL one of our SR Disney buttons today to wear at WDW when they are there the two weeks before Christmas. So I told her that if she runs in to a fellow Sunshiner to tell them that the is "SunshinegGuy's Mom." LOL!

arob414
08-18-2007, 09:17 PM
BTW...I gave my MIL one of our SR Disney buttons today to wear at WDW when they are there the two weeks before Christmas. So I told her that if she runs in to a fellow Sunshiner to tell them that the is "SunshinegGuy's Mom." LOL!

I won't be there, but that would be really cool. Like running into a celebrity.:sunshine:

mollyeilis
08-18-2007, 10:16 PM
"I wish that I could pay someone to do all of the behind the scenes work so that I could spend more time in the forum and chat with all of you. LOL!"

:p