PDA

View Full Version : Maybe I'm imagining things but...

speechteachri
03-26-2009, 11:12 PM
Did there used to be a cashout option for Planet Hollywood at one point in time?? Just wondering, because I have always wanted to try it.

Thanks

m 'n c
03-27-2009, 12:25 AM
I thought so but I thought there was an announcement about them going away for whatever reason - most likely they wouldn't let SR buy in bulk. I'm sure Cindy or Tricia could confirm though.

FWIW - if you've ever been to a hard rock it's pretty much the same exact thing except they have movie photos and some costumes here and there rather than records and guitars. :)

speechteachri
03-27-2009, 07:04 AM
I was actually looking at dining options in Downtown Disney. We're trying to manage a trip back there, but not at all positive it is going to work out anyway...just trying to cover all bases at this point.

Stinks though that the option is gone...maybe it will return at some point.

sunshinecindy
03-27-2009, 09:10 AM
That option has been removed since we weren't getting enough cashouts for it to be able to buy in bulk.

Hedy
03-27-2009, 09:24 AM
I was actually looking at dining options in Downtown Disney. We're trying to manage a trip back there, but not at all positive it is going to work out anyway...just trying to cover all bases at this point.

Stinks though that the option is gone...maybe it will return at some point.

Planet Hollywood is one of the great loves of my life. That said, they are rediculously dicky about their giftcard-you can use a gift card )R a coupon (from the entertainment book, or online) OR the certificate from a magic your way package. So not having the gift card isn't a total loss, in my book.
Have you thought about Earl of Sandwich? Tasty and cheap. :)

m 'n c
03-27-2009, 09:28 AM
Yeah I'm with Hedy on this one. Earl of Sandwich tastes so much better.

What about TRex? Aren't they a Landry's restaurant? If you need something with a gift card that one might work.

speechteachri
03-27-2009, 04:22 PM
Planet Hollywood is one of the great loves of my life. That said, they are rediculously dicky about their giftcard-you can use a gift card )R a coupon (from the entertainment book, or online) OR the certificate from a magic your way package. So not having the gift card isn't a total loss, in my book.
Have you thought about Earl of Sandwich? Tasty and cheap. :)

IF we even get to go, I do hope to eat at Earl of Sandwich again...just thought it would be nice to try something new and maybe a bit more funky than the norm for us. I will also have a couple Rainforest (Landry's) GC too. Anyone know if you can use them at Yak and Yeti?

sunshinecindy
03-27-2009, 04:32 PM
IF we even get to go, I do hope to eat at Earl of Sandwich again...just thought it would be nice to try something new and maybe a bit more funky than the norm for us. I will also have a couple Rainforest (Landry's) GC too. Anyone know if you can use them at Yak and Yeti?

Yes, you can, according to the lady at Landrys.

speechteachri
03-28-2009, 08:16 PM
Thanks for that info Cindy!!:sunshine2: