PDA

View Full Version : Home Depot Mickey Heads for SR members ...

wdwabby
08-20-2007, 11:34 AM
I had a crazy thought as I was crafting with my liberated Mickey heads from Home Depot ...

my parents and I will be sporting our Alien Green DIS-approved paint chips for other DISers to spot us. I have some yellow paint chips in my stash too - what if we used yellow Mickey heads to put on our bags to spot other SR members in the parks? Either the Sunny Spot or Laser Beam yellow would be a nice vibrant shade and would work well (and it wouldn't clash with the lime green one ;) )

What do you all think? I'm gonna put my SR name on a yellow (probably Sunny Spot) mickey to put on my bag along with my lime DIS one - anyone want to join me? :mickey:

SunshineGirl
08-20-2007, 12:46 PM
I love it!!!

m 'n c
08-20-2007, 12:55 PM
Does HD still carry these mickey head paint chips? I never stole a yellow one.

bs4free
08-20-2007, 01:02 PM
Does HD still carry these mickey head paint chips? I never stole a yellow one.

I think you meant to say sampled a yellow one, but I might just have to go out to HD and get me my dis green and a SR Yellow! why oh why do we have a lowes just down the street and not an HD.

Great idea btw! for a SR mickey paint color!

I think if i had sponserships like a racecar drive of all the dis sites i use, All I would be wearing would be patches!

m 'n c
08-20-2007, 01:10 PM
actually i meant to say liberated a yellow one (still sick here and trying to work). I never got to liberate a yellow one. Yeah that's right....

Anyone know if all the mickey chips have been liberated or if there are still some being held captive by HD??

bs4free
08-20-2007, 01:21 PM
actually i meant to say liberated a yellow one (still sick here and trying to work). I never got to liberate a yellow one. Yeah that's right....

Anyone know if all the mickey chips have been liberated or if there are still some being held captive by HD??

I like that term liberated

We must for an alliance.... AFLMH... Alliance for Liberated Mickey Heads! ... Who will join me ... Who will hear the Call... Who will Fight for the Mickey Heads held captive by Home Depot!.... ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .... For Victory!!!!

bbangel
08-20-2007, 01:40 PM
I had thought about this idea when the button contest was happening. I think it's a great idea. Will have to hunt for a yellow Mickey Head. I liberated a bunch for crafting so will have to see if I have one in my stash.

PSL1013
08-20-2007, 01:45 PM
I had a crazy thought as I was crafting with my liberated Mickey heads from Home Depot ...

my parents and I will be sporting our Alien Green DIS-approved paint chips for other DISers to spot us. I have some yellow paint chips in my stash too - what if we used yellow Mickey heads to put on our bags to spot other SR members in the parks? Either the Sunny Spot or Laser Beam yellow would be a nice vibrant shade and would work well (and it wouldn't clash with the lime green one ;) )

What do you all think? I'm gonna put my SR name on a yellow (probably Sunny Spot) mickey to put on my bag along with my lime DIS one - anyone want to join me? :mickey:

How do you secure them on a bag? Do you laminate them first? I think this is a great idea and I will "pick" one up the next time I'm at HD. :angel:

bbangel
08-20-2007, 01:51 PM
How do you secure them on a bag? Do you laminate them first? I think this is a great idea and I will "pick" one up the next time I'm at HD. :angel:

For my LGMH I used a piece of ribbon and sandwiched it between of the paint chips. That way I had colour on both sides. I made the ribbon into a loop big enough to tie around the strap of any bag I was using, kind of like a luggage tag.

wdwabby
08-20-2007, 10:41 PM
I haven't started my tags yet (working on garland for our windows) but I think I'm going to glue some of the ones I took off the backers together so that the color is on both side, put my DIS/SR name on the corresponding color, laminate them, hole punch them and wear them proudly.

and the correct term is liberation. It is a public service that we are performing releasing them from their prison in HD. I know that the HD here still has them though I know some HDs had gotten rid of them. I haven't liberated nearly as many yellows as the alien greens and the blues ... guess I need to go on a rescue mission!

tsk, tsk Catherine ... it's never stealing! ;)

For the Alliance! <sorry, geeking WOW reference. That's what you get for having a DBF who has played since the month it came out ....)

m 'n c
08-20-2007, 11:14 PM
I haven't started my tags yet (working on garland for our windows) but I think I'm going to glue some of the ones I took off the backers together so that the color is on both side, put my DIS/SR name on the corresponding color, laminate them, hole punch them and wear them proudly.

and the correct term is liberation. It is a public service that we are performing releasing them from their prison in HD. I know that the HD here still has them though I know some HDs had gotten rid of them. I haven't liberated nearly as many yellows as the alien greens and the blues ... guess I need to go on a rescue mission!

tsk, tsk Catherine ... it's never stealing! ;)

For the Alliance! <sorry, geeking WOW reference. That's what you get for having a DBF who has played since the month it came out ....)

I corrected myself. If you go to a HD definetly liberate some extra yellow ones. I will try to get to a HD around here to check the situation out as well and liberate as many as possible if they are still held captive.

Chelley00
08-21-2007, 09:10 PM
I actually have a couple LGMH that someone sent me in a swap package from "there" :) Since we're not going to Disney now, does anyone want them? I think there are 3-4

~Kathie
08-21-2007, 09:50 PM
So can anyone confirm??? I thought the Mickey heads were long gone from HD!!!

m 'n c
08-21-2007, 11:18 PM
So can anyone confirm??? I thought the Mickey heads were long gone from HD!!!

I'm going to go on Thursday and check out my HD. If they have any I'll liberate some for you.

linanglab
08-22-2007, 06:50 AM
I was at HD last week and they had a TON of them. In very many colors. I know there is yellow (which exact color I am not sure) because my DD likes to liberate these EVERY time we go to HD. Love that word m'nc!

Great idea!

Angela

PS. I have a Disney bedroom. If you have any ideas of how to use these for decoration, please let me know!

m 'n c
08-22-2007, 09:50 AM
I was at HD last week and they had a TON of them. In very many colors. I know there is yellow (which exact color I am not sure) because my DD likes to liberate these EVERY time we go to HD. Love that word m'nc!

Great idea!

Angela

PS. I have a Disney bedroom. If you have any ideas of how to use these for decoration, please let me know!

Good to hear. I'll definetly go thursday evening and pick some up. Is there a certain shade Abby?

kerry34
08-22-2007, 10:40 AM
This is a great idea!!! The next time I am out I will stop and check if my store still has them and then if so I will liberate some myself. Hopefully this time I wont forget to put it on my bag. Last trip I went through all the trouble of laminating a few LGMHs and I forgot all about them as soon as I got to disney!!

TIAMOMMA
08-22-2007, 09:57 PM
For my LGMH I used a piece of ribbon and sandwiched it between of the paint chips. That way I had colour on both sides. I made the ribbon into a loop big enough to tie around the strap of any bag I was using, kind of like a luggage tag.

OOOhhh....she's good! No wonder she's the McGyver of crafting! :p I'll have to send my mom and kids on a mission tomorrow to find these - they always come home with these and throw them all over the house. Now watch, now that I need them I'll have a problem finding them!

OOOPPPSS! Sorry bbangel - I didn't give you the credit that was due to you! Well, you should be crowned co-MacGyver.!!!

wdwabby
08-23-2007, 08:26 AM
Good to hear. I'll definetly go thursday evening and pick some up. Is there a certain shade Abby?

I think Sunny Spot is the best choice, with Laser Beam in second place. I'm swinging my mine tonight as well because my stash is a little light on the yellows ...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/abbybeth/Disney/IMG_1006.jpg

but I did include a yellow on my window garland ...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/abbybeth/Disney/IMG_1223.jpg

but I feel the need to liberate more ....

m 'n c
08-23-2007, 09:06 AM
I love your collection abby. I have an easily accessible handbag today to shove them in so I'm hoping to get an assortment. Can you post instructions on how to remove the mickey heads from the card stock they come on? I'm assuming that is what you did when you put them on the black discs.

linanglab
08-23-2007, 09:54 AM
If anyone needs some, and cannot get any, let me know. I could swing by HD this weekend (when our floods subside) and pick some up and mail them to those in need.

Angela

wdwabby
08-23-2007, 02:55 PM
I love your collection abby. I have an easily accessible handbag today to shove them in so I'm hoping to get an assortment. Can you post instructions on how to remove the mickey heads from the card stock they come on? I'm assuming that is what you did when you put them on the black discs.

Thank you! I'm quote proud of the group as well!

How to BeHead HD Mickeys:

1. Fill cake pan with water (or other largish type flat pan)
2. Put a selection of heads face down in the water
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/abbybeth/Disney/IMG_1206.jpg
3. Let heads soak until paper begins to look "water-logged" (you'll be able to tell) I usually left them in there for 30-60 seconds. Some of the heads slid right off, some of them needed some coaxing.
4. Place on paper towels to dry
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/abbybeth/Disney/IMG_1207.jpg
5. Put dried heads in between heavy books to flatten (the curl during the drying)

Most of the colors came off their backings really well. The only color that had consistent problems was orange. The medium and dark orange shades did not fare well. Clearly God did not want them to live.

Happy Beheading!

bs4free
08-23-2007, 03:23 PM
Thank you! I'm quote proud of the group as well!

How to BeHead HD Mickeys:

1. Fill cake pan with water (or other largish type flat pan)
2. Put a selection of heads face down in the water
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/abbybeth/Disney/IMG_1206.jpg
3. Let heads soak until paper begins to look "water-logged" (you'll be able to tell) I usually left them in there for 30-60 seconds. Some of the heads slid right off, some of them needed some coaxing.
4. Place on paper towels to dry
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/abbybeth/Disney/IMG_1207.jpg
5. Put dried heads in between heavy books to flatten (the curl during the drying)

Most of the colors came off their backings really well. The only color that had consistent problems was orange. The medium and dark orange shades did not fare well. Clearly God did not want them to live.

Happy Beheading!

Thanks for this photo how to, but i do have one question, Did you liberate all of those mickey heads at once from HD, Did you take evey one of them!

bbangel
08-23-2007, 04:10 PM
I just cut around the head so that they would be a little stiffer and more sturdy. That wouldn't be a problem if you were laminating.

wdwabby
08-23-2007, 09:47 PM
Thanks for this photo how to, but i do have one question, Did you liberate all of those mickey heads at once from HD, Did you take evey one of them!

hehehehe .... [insert maniacal laughter here]

many rescue missions were completed. and I convinced my parents that they needed to assist in rescue missions of their own... and this is 4 months worth of "work" ;) from 3 different Home Depots ...

bs4free
08-23-2007, 09:49 PM
hehehehe .... [insert maniacal laughter here]

many rescue missions were completed. and I convinced my parents that they needed to assist in rescue missions of their own... and this is 4 months worth of "work" ;) from 3 different Home Depots ...

Ok, I just do think i could walk in clean the shelves and walk out, no purchase or anything, Just dont think i could do that!

wdwabby
08-23-2007, 09:51 PM
I went on a liberation mission after work and picked up both Sunny Spot and Laser Beam

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/abbybeth/Disney/IMG_1229.jpg

Sunny Spot is on the left, Laser Beam is on the right (and some other colors may have jumped into my hand ...)

What's everyone's opinion? Which one should we choose? Laser Beam does look a little nicer in person ... and may be more noticible hanging off a bag since it's darker ...

and I've left some heads on their cards, but I like how clean the edges are when I soak them off of their backing. It's worth working with the curled edges because I like the finished look much better :)

wdwabby
08-23-2007, 09:54 PM
Ok, I just do think i could walk in clean the shelves and walk out, no purchase or anything, Just dont think i could do that!

who said there weren't times that we made purchases? and I never cleaned out any shelves - they're paint chips, not cans of paint!:rotfl: now THAT would be interesting and very illegal. Free paint chips on the other hand, I have no issues with. Especially when I would be in there for a dozen or so of various colors and a family with kids would come in and wipe out an entire row. Besides, my heads are going into room/window decor and scrapbooking projects, not coloring time and then the garbage can! :)

bs4free
08-23-2007, 10:04 PM
who said there weren't times that we made purchases? and I never cleaned out any shelves - they're paint chips, not cans of paint!:rotfl: now THAT would be interesting and very illegal. Free paint chips on the other hand, I have no issues with. Especially when I would be in there for a dozen or so of various colors and a family with kids would come in and wipe out an entire row. Besides, my heads are going into room/window decor and scrapbooking projects, not coloring time and then the garbage can! :)

Ok I dont feel bad now, I like the laser beam from the photo!

m 'n c
08-23-2007, 11:51 PM
Thanks for the instructions Abby. I came back from my mission tonight and had a very successful one. I think Mike was embarrased. I had a quart sized ziplock bag full of every color imaginable. :rofl:

I got to HD and saw they had the mickey heads from a distance so I quickly walked to the section and saw no HD employee around and only 1 customer around so I crowded the section and started grabbing handfulls of each color. I think I have 20 of most of them except the really dark colors (those are next trip). I figure either I decorate the room window with them or they go in a scrapbook for next trip. :)

If anyone needs some sunny spot or alien green let me know. I'll try to get some your way. There was another yellow not sunny spot and not laser beam that I liked. hmm I'll pull out my bag tomorrow and check.

mollyeilis
08-24-2007, 12:26 AM
What a good idea! :)

What were those black discs in the first pictures of the crafting area?

I'll probably be the only D-website person at Disneyland, and I'll definitely be the only SR person there!

Wonder if the other two Disney appreciation message boards that I post to occasionally have chosen colors of mickey heads!

wdwabby
08-24-2007, 08:45 AM
Thanks for the instructions Abby. I came back from my mission tonight and had a very successful one. I think Mike was embarrased. I had a quart sized ziplock bag full of every color imaginable.

I got to HD and saw they had the mickey heads from a distance so I quickly walked to the section and saw no HD employee around and only 1 customer around so I crowded the section and started grabbing handfulls of each color. I think I have 20 of most of them except the really dark colors (those are next trip). I figure either I decorate the room window with them or they go in a scrapbook for next trip.

If anyone needs some sunny spot or alien green let me know. I'll try to get some your way. There was another yellow not sunny spot and not laser beam that I liked. hmm I'll pull out my bag tomorrow and check.

Good Work! My missions are always much more productive when the paint employee is MIA or assisting other customers :) I have several projects in mind for my heads ;) let me know what the other yellow is you're thinking of ...

What a good idea!

I'll probably be the only D-website person at Disneyland, and I'll definitely be the only SR person there!

Wonder if the other two Disney appreciation message boards that I post to occasionally have chosen colors of mickey heads!

the black discs are wood shapes I painted and had my dad drill holes in, they now are this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/abbybeth/Disney/IMG_1224.jpg

garland for our window. When I hang it for real, it won't be with drafting tape, but with suction cups w/ hooks! I'm pretty pleased with how it came out. I have to do the rest of our decor this weekend!

If your other boards haven't chosen colors, choose them for them! :rotfl:

m 'n c
08-24-2007, 09:12 AM
What a good idea! :)

That is why I've decided to just liberate every color. Who knows when someone else will pop up with a designated color!!

disneynut
08-24-2007, 09:15 AM
How cool. I have never seen these things. I dont have a HD close. I may have to make a run to one somewhere. I have seen them talked about before, the lime green ones. I never thought of them as the paint samples though..:confused: Now I need to see if I can find some. :sunshine:

m 'n c
08-24-2007, 09:15 AM
Good Work! My missions are always much more productive when the paint employee is MIA or assisting other customers :) I have several projects in mind for my heads ;) let me know what the other yellow is you're thinking of ...

I just checked. It was laser beam. It just looks brighter in real life than in the picture posted.

the black wood -> do you get that at a hobby lobby type place? I can see this turning into lots of fun. :rotfl:

m 'n c
08-24-2007, 09:17 AM
How cool. I have never seen these things. I dont have a HD close. I may have to make a run to one somewhere. I have seen them talked about before, the lime green ones. I never thought of them as the paint samples though..:confused: Now I need to see if I can find some. :sunshine:

If you run into problems finding them I can hook you up :sunshine:

mollyeilis
08-24-2007, 11:33 AM
Turns out I have a laser beam, and they ARE very nice in person.

disneynut, that's all they are, just paint chips!

bs4free
08-24-2007, 11:46 AM
Turns out that's all they are, just paint chips!

What do these Mickey paint Chips! taste like!

Are the Lead Based?

What is a good Dip for Mickey pait chips!

Do them come in a variety pack or just single flavors?

Can i get them deliverd?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

wdwabby
08-24-2007, 01:36 PM
That is why I've decided to just liberate every color. Who knows when someone else will pop up with a designated color!!

All colors deserve the chance for a happy life outside of their orange and brick HD prison! Good for you for not being discriminating! Equal Opportunity Liberation!

How cool. I have never seen these things. I dont have a HD close. I may have to make a run to one somewhere. I have seen them talked about before, the lime green ones. I never thought of them as the paint samples though... Now I need to see if I can find some.

As evidenced in the pictures, I do have a sufficient stash for sharing, PM me with your addy if you'd like some :)

I just checked. It was laser beam. It just looks brighter in real life than in the picture posted.

the black wood -> do you get that at a hobby lobby type place? I can see this turning into lots of fun. :rotfl:

The black wood actually started out as plain wood. I picked up the shapes from the bare wood aisle at Jo-Ann fabrics, but I know that Hobby Lobby/Michaels/AC Moore would all have them as well. 25 cents/circle, threw some black acrylic paint on that I had laying around and mod podged the heads on that. Had my dad drill the holes for the ribbon for me the last time he and my mom were visiting me.

What do these Mickey paint Chips! taste like!

Are the Lead Based?

What is a good Dip for Mickey pait chips!

Do them come in a variety pack or just single flavors?

Can i get them deliverd?

:rotfl:

I don't know if you can get them delivered, unless it's by personal delivery via USPS ;)

BY OFFICIAL DECREE: The SR Mickey Paint Chip Color will be LASER BEAM!!!

(that seems to be the consensus on the thread, if you have severe objections, feel free to voice them and then suffer the consequences ... )

bs4free
08-24-2007, 02:01 PM
BY OFFICIAL DECREE: The SR Mickey Paint Chip Color will be LASER BEAM!!!

(that seems to be the consensus on the thread, if you have severe objections, feel free to voice them and then suffer the consequences ... )

I object!!!!!!

BY OFFICIAL DECREE: The :sunshine: :mickey: Paint Chip Color will be LASER BEAM!!!

m 'n c
08-24-2007, 02:58 PM
Well I'm glad I grabbed a bunch of laser beam ones with my sunny spot ones. :)

wdwabby
08-24-2007, 04:21 PM
Well I'm glad I grabbed a bunch of laser beam ones with my sunny spot ones. :)

haha, yeah I have a bunch of both too ---

but now am I having selector's remorse? Should we have chosen Sunny Spot for Sunshine Rewards? even though Laser Beam seems to be the better shade of yellow? Now the over analyzation shall commence!

mollyeilis
08-24-2007, 04:27 PM
Well, I have a Laser Beam, and I like it, so I'm in support of it being the color for SR and Disney. :)

wdwabby
08-24-2007, 04:34 PM
Well, I have a Laser Beam, and I like it, so I'm in support of it being the color for SR and Disney. :)

ok, we'll stick with the original decree :) I guess I just needed emotional support! :rotfl:

laser beam it is!

mollyeilis
08-24-2007, 04:36 PM
But to make it officially official, should you have Tricia sign off on it? Or is this an underground thing? :p

m 'n c
08-24-2007, 04:46 PM
haha, yeah I have a bunch of both too ---

but now am I having selector's remorse? Should we have chosen Sunny Spot for Sunshine Rewards? even though Laser Beam seems to be the better shade of yellow? Now the over analyzation shall commence!

Well why don't we do Laser Beam as the offical color but if people have trouble sunny spot would be another color they could use. I have the shade that is next to alien green as well as alien green just as a back up.

Hedy
08-24-2007, 05:07 PM
But to make it officially official, should you have Tricia sign off on it? Or is this an underground thing? :p

I think it's underground, as we *officially* have the pins.

bs4free
08-24-2007, 07:48 PM
to make it offical we just need enough people to argree and belive, and we have and did is its offical!

wdwabby
08-24-2007, 10:30 PM

According to her statement on page one she "loves it" - I think we're ok! But I don't mind being underground - we're rebels ;)

Well why don't we do Laser Beam as the offical color but if people have trouble sunny spot would be another color they could use. I have the shade that is next to alien green as well as alien green just as a back up.

Sounds good, I know I have some of the DIS back up color as well. There isn't much tonal difference in the yellow heads anyways, so yellow head - SR :sunshine:

now everyone - GO FORTH AND CRAFT/MAKE TAGS/REPRESENT!

SunshineGirl
08-24-2007, 10:55 PM
I just have to say that you all totally crack me up!!!

wdwabby
08-24-2007, 11:27 PM

we're nothing if not maniacally dedicated :rotfl:

bs4free
08-24-2007, 11:53 PM

WOOT that constutes consent, ITS NOW OFFICALY OFFICAL!!!!

chipndale
08-28-2007, 11:36 PM
I was at HD last night and I went there to look at paint for our new home. While I was there, I liberated several laser beam yellow and alien green mickey heads. DD thinks her bathroom is going to be green and yellow.

zoodoyle
08-28-2007, 11:49 PM
I participated in a major liberation today :angel: Now I just have to figure out how to do something neat with them. I'm not very crafty :p

m 'n c
08-29-2007, 09:08 AM
I participated in a major liberation today :angel: Now I just have to figure out how to do something neat with them. I'm not very crafty :p

Maybe some of the more craftier SRers can show us what can be done. I read on the Dis of someone making a chain to countdown their trip. Mine would be a bit long though (365+ days away!!)

Hedy
08-29-2007, 09:17 AM

WDWAbby made an AWESOME multi-color head garland as a window decoration. Hopefully she'll post pics.
I just plan on taping some with my name to the qwindow of my resort and my touring bag.

zoodoyle
08-29-2007, 09:39 AM
Maybe some of the more craftier SRers can show us what can be done. I read on the Dis of someone making a chain to countdown their trip. Mine would be a bit long though (365+ days away!!)

355 for us :cooldance: maybe I should get a ticker going!!!

m 'n c
08-29-2007, 09:46 AM
355 for us :cooldance: maybe I should get a ticker going!!!

I need to do a ticker. I like hedy's for space saving purposes. Guess I'll start a post to flag her down about it.

chocovrdmicears
08-29-2007, 09:49 AM

Craft store sell laminating sheets. You could cut the mickey head out, write your name and address on it (or if you want to get really crafty you can print your name and address onto clear labels using the disney font and stick them on the mouse head)...put it between two sheets of the laminate then cut it out...and you would have really cute luggage tags! Or you could laminate them and glue little magnets on the back and make fridge magnets. They are also cute to use in scrapbooks and autograph books. :)

PSL1013
08-29-2007, 09:53 AM
I would love to somehow be able to put the Sunshine Rewards Logo on it, along with my membership number before laminating it...anyone know a way to do this?

chocovrdmicears
08-29-2007, 09:59 AM

thats a LOT of liberating...be careful...the last time i went on a freeing mission at HD I got a lot of 'looks' ...clearly HD employees are onto the Mickey Head Mission..my husband was so embarassed he slunk away behind the grills waiting for me to complete my liberating...:blush:

chocovrdmicears
08-29-2007, 10:05 AM
I would love to somehow be able to put the Sunshine Rewards Logo on it, along with my membership number before laminating it...anyone know a way to do this?

you can try this...on Microsoft word type in your info in the font size that would fit and print it out on a piece of cardstock. once you have it the right size, tape your mickey head over that area on the cardstock and run it through your printer again so it prints on the mickey. or you can buy really small clear labels and print on those. or you can always just print it out on coordinating cardstock, cut it out and glue it right onto the mickey head. (yes, i have a serious scrapbooking obsession) :) you can download disney fonts for free at:

http://www.fontseek.com/fonts/disney.htm

:sunshine:

wdwabby
08-29-2007, 11:34 AM
My window garland:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/abbybeth/Disney/IMG_1224.jpg

only it'll be held up by suction cups, not drafting tape, when I put it up for real.

My door sign is partially done - it has a border of heads all the way around it. I'll post that when it's done and I'll be making some smaller clusters of heads for our window as well. Right now my window decs are still in the not-quite-together stage ... gotta finish them this weekend!

m 'n c
08-29-2007, 11:47 AM
thats a LOT of liberating...be careful...the last time i went on a freeing mission at HD I got a lot of 'looks' ...clearly HD employees are onto the Mickey Head Mission..my husband was so embarassed he slunk away behind the grills waiting for me to complete my liberating...:blush:

You need to go on a weeknight when no one is around with an open purse (not a zipped on and it needs to be a tote) and you can get away with it :rotfl:

chocovrdmicears
08-29-2007, 12:21 PM
Here are a couple of pages from my scrapbook with Liberated Mickeys.The Jasmine one is from my daughters princess pages collection we made to hang on her bedroom wall in her princess corner. :rolleyes:

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff67/peytonshea02/scrapbook5.jpg

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff67/peytonshea02/scrapbook1.jpg

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff67/peytonshea02/scrapbook3.jpg

bs4free
08-29-2007, 12:33 PM
thanks for the photos btw whats the story behind stinkerbell

m 'n c
08-29-2007, 01:59 PM
I was thinking about doing a scrapbook with them for our next trip. I love our photo albums but I like the idea of doing a few highlights of each day instead of 800 pictures.

chipndale
08-29-2007, 02:44 PM
Your scrapbook pages are beautiful. I love the mickey heads! I take it that you visit HD and liberate them often?

chocovrdmicears
08-29-2007, 03:30 PM
thanks for the photos btw whats the story behind stinkerbell

i have no idea what caused that stinkerbell moment. A 4 year old girl at disney, could have been caused by anything. :rotfl: She just looked so cute, all dressed up the the MNSSHP but was acting soooooo UNcute..

bs4free
08-29-2007, 03:34 PM
i have no idea what caused that stinkerbell moment. A 4 year old girl at disney, could have been caused by anything. :rotfl: She just looked so cute, all dressed up the the MNSSHP but was acting soooooo UNcute..

Ok it was her atitude that stickebelld, I thought you were talking about the smell :rotfl: Guess i did not put the photos and the words together! I think we all have those moments when we get hot tired and a little crany even at disney!

chocovrdmicears
08-29-2007, 03:35 PM
Your scrapbook pages are beautiful. I love the mickey heads! I take it that you visit HD and liberate them often?

Thank you! I :heart: to scrapbook. As far as liberation missions...not as often as you would think...I have been only twice over the past few months..and haven't really taken a lot. BUT... now that I have seen that awesome window garland...hmmmm..

zoodoyle
08-29-2007, 03:35 PM
Those scrapbook pages are soooo neat!!! I wish I was more crafty..... I haven't even printed out any pictures we've taken in the past 5 years that we've had our digital camera!!!!

chocovrdmicears
08-29-2007, 04:24 PM
Those scrapbook pages are soooo neat!!! I wish I was more crafty..... I haven't even printed out any pictures we've taken in the past 5 years that we've had our digital camera!!!!

Thank you! My DH bought be an excellent Epson printer so I can print them at home as I need them. :) VERY handy.

wdwabby
08-29-2007, 04:29 PM
love the pages chocovrdmicears! I've reserved a bunch of my beheaded MH for my scrap pages when we get back. I also picked up a bunch of the rectangular shaped chips to use because the titles are so perfect - they'll be great for using with titles or peeking out behind pictures (Tink Pink, Belle of the Ball, Tigger's Tummy, etc) so i highly recommend snagging some of those too - PLUS it helps make you look more legit if there is actually a paint associate in the area ;)

chocovrdmicears
08-29-2007, 04:54 PM
love the pages chocovrdmicears! I've reserved a bunch of my beheaded MH for my scrap pages when we get back. I also picked up a bunch of the rectangular shaped chips to use because the titles are so perfect - they'll be great for using with titles or peeking out behind pictures (Tink Pink, Belle of the Ball, Tigger's Tummy, etc) so i highly recommend snagging some of those too - PLUS it helps make you look more legit if there is actually a paint associate in the area ;)

Thank you! Nothing like a thrify-crafty-sister. :heart: Love your ideas...we should host a Mickey*Head*Craft*Fest. :rotfl: I am currently making autograph books for my kids...we will be taking just tags I made out of cardstock and little mini clipboards (yes you guessed it...with beheaded Mickey heads decoupaged allover) for the characters to hold when they sign them...then, when we get home, i will put together a little autograph scrapbooks with the pictures, autograph tags and yup...guess again...beheaded Mickeys in the matching character colors... :rotfl: Simple but obsessively Disney coordinated.

chipndale
08-29-2007, 10:42 PM
Thank you! Nothing like a thrify-crafty-sister. :heart: Love your ideas...we should host a Mickey*Head*Craft*Fest. :rotfl: I am currently making autograph books for my kids...we will be taking just tags I made out of cardstock and little mini clipboards (yes you guessed it...with beheaded Mickey heads decoupaged allover) for the characters to hold when they sign them...then, when we get home, i will put together a little autograph scrapbooks with the pictures, autograph tags and yup...guess again...beheaded Mickeys in the matching character colors... :rotfl: Simple but obsessively Disney coordinated.

I would love to see a picture when you are done. For our December trip, I just made some pages. I took clip art and added a saying to the page. If I could figure out how to post picture I would.

chocovrdmicears
08-30-2007, 12:05 AM
I would love to see a picture when you are done. For our December trip, I just made some pages. I took clip art and added a saying to the page. If I could figure out how to post picture I would.

I will definately post pics when i get them done....Hopefull I will be motivated to get them done before the holiday season. :christmas:

Tricia!! I think we need a new forum...Disney Crafters Gone Wild. :sunshine:

bs4free
08-30-2007, 12:56 AM
I will definately post pics when i get them done....Hopefull I will be motivated to get them done before the holiday season. :christmas:

Tricia!! I think we need a new forum...Disney Crafters Gone Wild. :sunshine:

As long as you have lots of photos! for us non crafty people to admire!

llgray16
08-30-2007, 08:02 AM
WOW! Those scrapbook pages are beautiful! I love the garland idea as well!

BTW, I liberated a bunch of Mickeys from the local HD so if anyone is in need of a yellow or green one, let me know!

wdwabby
08-30-2007, 10:09 AM

oooooh I LOVE it! Mickey*Head*Craft*Fest! I would definitely be up for that! I'm taking blank tags as well, figured it would give me more flexibility to include them in my scrapbook later. I'm also taking my full color range of sharpies too (though I have a big fat back sharpie for the gloved/paw-ed characters to use) and that's why I've liberated the full range of colors, so that I have a Head for every occasion! :rotfl:

I will be doing more crafting with heads this weekend and will try to post my results!

m 'n c
08-30-2007, 10:39 AM
OMG using them for autographs is an excellent idea!!! I don't know why I didn't think of that before. I must do that on my next trip. It would make such cute scrapbook add-ins.

Ok now where can I find colored sharpies and a small clipboard via a SR shopping link? Added bonus for free shipping and no tax.

wdwabby
08-30-2007, 11:12 AM
OMG using them for autographs is an excellent idea!!! I don't know why I didn't think of that before. I must do that on my next trip. It would make such cute scrapbook add-ins.

Ok now where can I find colored sharpies and a small clipboard via a SR shopping link? Added bonus for free shipping and no tax.

I know it's not SR, but check Staples .... that's where I got my multi pack of colored sharpies - they were free after the mail in rebate (which, of course I sent in!)

bs4free
08-30-2007, 11:19 AM
I know it's not SR, but check Staples .... that's where I got my multi pack of colored sharpies - they were free after the mail in rebate (which, of course I sent in!)

Staples is Listed for SR credit.... At least i thought it was....

chocovrdmicears
08-31-2007, 10:50 PM
fyi...if you have an AC Moore near you...you can google AC Moore coupons and there is a 40% off coupon you can print. I just went tonite and got the Sharpie markers, in assorted colors and they are the ones that 'click' ...for 40% off so they were about...$8.00 for a bunch of colors...perfect for autographs. :banana:

zoodoyle
09-01-2007, 01:06 AM
fyi...if you have an AC Moore near you...you can google AC Moore coupons and there is a 40% off coupon you can print. I just went tonite and got the Sharpie markers, in assorted colors and they are the ones that 'click' ...for 40% off so they were about...$8.00 for a bunch of colors...perfect for autographs. :banana:

We used the "click" ones on our trip in January, and quite a few characters had fun with the "click" feature - especially Brer Fox - he was quite impressed!!

Hedy
12-01-2007, 05:51 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/htf130/12012007004.jpg

Me on the lookout for these in the parks!

bs4free
12-02-2007, 12:44 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/htf130/12012007004.jpg

Me on the lookout for these in the parks!
those look great! I am sure someone will find you...