PDA

View Full Version : to Hoop-dee-do, or no???

speechteachri
03-31-2009, 04:43 PM
So, we are now in the planning stages...starting to think about dining...lots of time, since the booking dates changed to 90 days out...oh well.

We have never done Hoop-dee-do before. Did the luau on our first trip. It will be me and dh and dd who will be 12. I thought it might be fun to schedule this in if we can since we have the free dining for 8 nights...don't think I'd pay to do it another time.

Any advice one way or the other?

kimntrent
03-31-2009, 04:48 PM
Oh to do for sure. I actually just downloaded the music from itunes I love ti so much. It is so fun the food is so good. We go every time. And really my hubby and I went three times in one trip. It is his most favorite thing at WDW to do. Oh to do for sure.

wilsonfamily4
03-31-2009, 05:13 PM
this was a dinner we went back and forth on for the last trip. We finally decided no, well I did book it and then canceled. I just wanted to try so many other restaurants I didn't want to use 2 credits on it. But it looks so fun.

bbangel
03-31-2009, 05:45 PM
It was a fun show and the food worked for us. If you are the type that wouldn't mind being part of the show and are going to get into the spirit it can be great. I think if you are more deathly afraid they might want to include you, you may want to try something else!

~Kathie
03-31-2009, 06:23 PM
When I went with my MIL and Steve's aunts, Steve booked us there.

They had a blast. The earlier you book the better seat you get. No sure how that works with the 90 day dining.

Went with my kids years ago and they loved it.

zoodoyle
03-31-2009, 08:05 PM
We LOVE LOVE LOVE Hoop Dee Doo!!! We always have a great time!! One of my favorite things to do at WDW! I'd definitely say do it! And personally, we always ask to sit on the balcony. It seems other people do not like to sit there (think it's considered the lowest "class" of seats), but we enjoy being able to see everything, and have always been pleased with our seats there!

mdapiggy
03-31-2009, 09:33 PM
We LOVE LOVE LOVE Hoop Dee Doo!!! We always have a great time!! One of my favorite things to do at WDW!

Yes I totally agree this past September my family did this with the four young kids (all under 5) and it was great they loved it. It's such a fun time for all.

pbhall13
03-31-2009, 11:23 PM
Did this for the first time in 1996 (no kids yet and with another couple) and we had a great time. then Myself, my 2 girls and family friend went in 2006 and I had a blast, my dd6 (4 at the time) and friend enjoyed it, but my dd9 (then 7) did not like the loud noises.......which I did not find loud.

I love the atmosphere there, it is a family oriented show & dinner and is just plain corny......that is probably why I loved it. The food is fine....sangria really hit the spot (:D)......

I say go for it!!!!

fourfoxesinpa
04-01-2009, 04:39 PM
The Trail's End serves the same food so if you're on the fence about the show, you could just go there for a meal. Great salmon, fried chicken, roasted chicken, mashed potatoes, salad bar, warm apple crisp w/vanilla ice cream, pasta, carved beef. Yummy! After we ate, we headed over to the campfire and movie - a great night.

SunshineGirl
04-01-2009, 04:49 PM
I'm so glad to hear this! We have reservations with our whole extended family for next Thursday!

speechteachri
04-01-2009, 07:30 PM
It was a fun show and the food worked for us. If you are the type that wouldn't mind being part of the show and are going to get into the spirit it can be great. I think if you are more deathly afraid they might want to include you, you may want to try something else!

Deathly afraid....you probably didn't know that my daughter has been doing theater since she was 7!;)

When I went with my MIL and Steve's aunts, Steve booked us there.

They had a blast. The earlier you book the better seat you get. No sure how that works with the 90 day dining.

Went with my kids years ago and they loved it.
Earlier in the night, or earlier, like the sooner you book...?

Did this for the first time in 1996 (no kids yet and with another couple) and we had a great time. then Myself, my 2 girls and family friend went in 2006 and I had a blast, my dd6 (4 at the time) and friend enjoyed it, but my dd9 (then 7) did not like the loud noises.......which I did not find loud.

I love the atmosphere there, it is a family oriented show & dinner and is just plain corny......that is probably why I loved it. The food is fine....sangria really hit the spot (:D)......

I say go for it!!!!

Sangria....I don't drink a whole lot, but if there is sangria involved, count me in!!!:D

Thanks everyone

jenvance
04-01-2009, 08:43 PM
We all loved the Hoop Dee Doo!! It was great! The food was O-kay! But the show was GREAT!

disneyforever
04-02-2009, 03:09 AM
I personally have not gone to the show myself, but I have several friends who have all been to it.
Every single one of them loved it - especially the kids. I was told the food is good, not great but that
the entertainment is a blast. I am thinking of booking it in October.

T1nkrules
04-07-2009, 08:35 PM
We loved it last year when we went! The show was hilarious! Food's good...get ready to laugh your sox off....:p

JOLAROCHE
04-12-2009, 09:08 PM
It is one of our all time favorite things to do. I have been so many times I lost count and we will do it again:party: